• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do I beat Cruel

kico

Smash Cadet
well it usually only gets 1-4 but if your jiggly and you fly under the stage and up the other side they will usually try to follow you and lead themselfs to an sd

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
I know this is probably a long shot, but maybe if you're lucky, you can homo-attack people with Sonic under the stage, and you just might hold it for a while.

YoungMoney702

Smash Cadet
what I did was used Kirby and jumped high in the air and use his b-down move. Eventually they will start to bump into each other and get sent flying. I got 19 kills just using that move.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
The only way I've been able to get any kills is to select Pit and then hang from the edge of the platform. As the alloys get within hitting range, I jump off to the side and stall just long enough for the alloys to jump off the side at me en masse. Once they're off, I use my remaining jumps and Pit's god-like up-B (no pun intended) to fly under the platform and latch onto the other side.

It's going to take a little practice, but once you get the timing down what's going to happen is that the alloys will get stuck away from the platform and--without a recovery move to rely on--they'll plumet to their deaths, unable to get back to the ledge. Simply repeat this, fluttering from side to side under the platform until you've got your 10 kills.

It's a pain, but it gets the job done. Bah--I've always hated the multiman battles. -_-

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Lucas can do it. PK Thunder back on stage and repeat.
^^^This. That's how I got my 10 KOs for the challenge. In fact, I got exactly 10 before I died.

But my friend sent me a replay of him doing it as Ike. What he did was hold onto the ledge and keep dropping, Aethering, and grabbing the ledge again. I tried this strategy and didn't have much luck with it, so it may not necessarily work.

He got 12 KOs (I think, it was 12 or 13, something like that) using this strategy, just in case you're curious.

D.A.N.

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5257-9865-7609
You don't beat Cruel Brawl. Cruel Brawl beats you.

But really, half, if not all the characters can just jump off the side of the stage (if they have a hovering move, use it) and then Up B and repeat. The alloys kill themselves.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I've got a tactic if you want to hear it.

Pick Ike, and hang off of the side of the ledge. Drop off and Up B, making sure that the sword's air-twirling catches them. When you flip up, you can snag the edge, drop, and repeat. It should get them to high enough damage - say 80%+, that you can attack off the edge and Counter. The AI usually falls for it and allows you to execute them all, or at least gives you time for a Fsmash.

It's not totally bulletproof but I just Golden Hammered that one (10) anyway cause I didn't know about the Jigglypuff loop.

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
I did the Pit thing, but managed 5 without him. Anyway you don't have to fly between ledges, just fly under the stage a bit to keep yourself from getting spiked, then return to the original ledge.

nitro_rev

Smash Cadet
use kirby and stay floating in midair off the stage just in range so the alloys can hit you, then when they jump at you, use the cutter attack(up-special) to spike them down and grab the ledge at the same time. note; you must be close enough to the ledge in order to be able to grab it, otherwise it will result in an SD.

11 K.O.s for me

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I know how to get largely obese amount of K.os without attacking the alloys at all and it is all thanks to the footstool jump. Pick Pit and grab the edge asap. now before the alloys have a chance to attack jump back two times away from the stage. The alloys should all jump to attack you. Now use Icarus's wings and fly under the stage and to the edge. The alloys will then try to jump back to the stage but because there are so many a few of them will footstool jump each other resulting in a K.O.

Just repeat the preocess. I have a video on it if anyone wants to see. Just copy my wii code and tell me you are and I'll jot down yours and send the vieo as soon as I can get a connection. I suicided myself after 11 kills though it can work much longer than that. However I unaware if it will work when all the alloys are green because of their multiple jumps. Still that shouldn't happen.

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
You don't beat Cruel Brawl. Cruel Brawl beats you.
Only in Soviet Russia.

Just chiming in with all the others saying to use Pit. He works wonders. I tried the Jigglypuff loop, but it wasn't working since I could never get the timing for the jumps down and I kept dying. Pit is a lot better in my opinion due to the Wings of Icarus. The Pit loop strategy also works really well in 15-Minute Brawl. That's how I finished it anyway.

phe-gnome

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-4792-6061
Use Toon Link. Ledge grab, drop, up special, repeat. Every time you grab the ledge you get a small invincibility frame. On your way back up to the ledge Toon Link's up special has decent priority so it will hurt all attackers (especially the green fat one). I got 14 kills with this method and have found it far more effective than the PK thunder method.

daytimeninja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gavgrego
Basically, what I do is pick jigglypuff (kirby and metaknight could work, haven't tried yet...) and just float underneath the stage, going from side to side.

It's time consuming, but eventually one of the alloys wont be able to grab onto the side of the stage because another is on. You could also just down+b the group of alloys with jiggly. :)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Use Jigglypuff and always go under the stage to each ledge. Evading like this can sometimes cause an alloy to SD itself. Doesn't work on Green Alloys since they can do 5 midair jumps. Able to get 10 KOs this way.

swim2007

Smash Apprentice
Use Jigglypuff and always go under the stage to each ledge. Evading like this can sometimes cause an alloy to SD itself. Doesn't work on Green Alloys since they can do 5 midair jumps. Able to get 10 KOs this way.
This is by far the best way. I used kirby though. Once in a while it works to use his up b near the edge of the stage and then space youself away from the ledge so that u will grab it when you are coming down from the attack. This got me 20 something kills

Kabot

Smash Rookie
I managed to get 25 kills, but I am sure with patience I could get an unlimited amount of kills, seeing as how the only time I took damage or got hit was when I screwed up.

Pick marth, and as soon as Cruel brawl begins you run towards the edge and grab on. Than once they start clustering towards you, you ledge hop and immediately counter. You want to time it so your barely above the edge when counter stops your upward momentum. Than you use your up-b to get right back to the edge.

This works perfectly until you either A) Counter too late and get one shotted. or B) Use your Up-B to early and instead of grabbing the edge you go past it and land on the stage and than they have a window of oppurtunity to kill you.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
I used kirby and just kept flying around near the edge, using wind cutter to grab onto it when necessary. I think I got 13 or 14 kills on my fourth try doing this.

Sir Auron

Smash Cadet
I'd say that the goin under the stage technique does work, but with Pit it is much better, but you have to be quick to relinquish his extra boost of flying. So if your doin it at 3 AM and your really tired, and not payin attention....

DON'T DO IT!

Top Bottom