• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I approach Luigi

Conker534

Smash Rookie
NNID
Conker5344
3DS FC
3265-5060-6330
I've got a friend who is at the same exact level as me in Sm4sh which makes this whole game just even better, but he recently learned this sick technique to spam fireballs for map pressure, he likes to fireball, then shorthop and move towards me, fireball, then fireball back on the ground again, until i'm at the ledge where he has a very strong advantage.
I don't know how to get in and punish him, what should I do to punish him as Shiek?

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
You have to respect Luigi's neutral game, because the instant he grabs you, he's going to make combo food out of you. I suggest learning how to walk up and power shield, and baiting out his approaches. Luigi's options as he approaches behind his fireballs aren't bad, but keep in mind you can always jump over or cross him up.

Top Bottom