• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How disappointed will you be if your fave doesn't make it in?

How disappointed will you be if your fave doesn't make it in?

• Livid, my character deserves better and I can't believe they've been shafted again!

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Pretty upset, I was really putting my hopes in this, and seeing them sidelined breaks my heart.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Disappointed, was really hoping to use them if they made it in, but it's not the end of the world

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Whatever happens happens If my fave gets in thats great, if not, someone else is happy to see theirs

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • This game is already going to be amazing, anything else is icing on the cake!

Votes: 28 40.0%

• Total voters

Makotoa

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2720-1558-5025
Just curious how much is riding on this final smash direct tomorrow for people. I've seen a mix of opinions in the forums, but it would be interesting to see some of the numbers on this. What will your reaction be?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Robin's already in, so I don't have much to worry about.

But if he gets cut from future installments? I wouldn't be too devastated. There are plenty of other characters in Smash that I could see myself maining. Mario, Ness, Samus, Yoshi, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Villager, Wario, Olimar, Pit... I'd even play as Miis!

Jolt_91

Smash Cadet
Wondering if my boi and (gal?) Banjo and kazooie really make it in. If not i can still hope for dlc

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
There's so much evidence for Ken's inclusion, so I don't have to worry much.

CrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet
it depends on if DLC is an option or not, put bluntly, if the black knight shows up as a boss or assist prior to launch, I am canceling my special edition pre order, because that is an absolute slap in the face.

Makotoa

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2720-1558-5025
My hopes are on my boy Incineroar making it in, I'll be a little disappointed if he doesn't, especially with everyone and their duck hunt dog claiming he's made the cut. lol

At the same time, I'm more than satisfied with my main making it back! (Lucario, if it isn't obvious XD)

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Sad, but you know...

Not entirely unexpected.
695ae4ff904dc38f6d1d1c1acfed7a6c.png

You start getting used to it.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Of the ones left? Pretty disappointed, even though they were a long shot to begin with.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I'd be a little disappointed if none of my most wanteds get in considering most of them actually have a good chance (Bandana Dee, Magolor, Chibi-Robo, and Louie as an Olimar echo).
I'm certain this game will have DLC, probably more than Smash 4, so I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Already got K. Rool and Ridley. Anyone else is just icing on cake at this point. Although I still do want Banjo, Elma and Medusa.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
If none of my most wanted get in the base game, I won't be buying it, unless Simon or Richter turn out to be super interesting with their whips. DLC could change that.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
That character for me was Snake. I also wanted Ike back too, but I knew in my heart he was fairly likely to return. I like Richter as a character about as much as Snake, but I thought there was no chance. I really didn’t expect Nintendo to even try, but here we are.

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I'd be about as disappointed as someone on a game show almost winning the billion dollar jackpot, only to end up only winning a million dollars instead.

Any other American would be outraged at such a turn of events, but I'm just out here laughing because I already won more money then I'd know what to do with.

Last edited:

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
I'll be pretty sad if Bandana Dee doesn't make the cut (which is pretty likely at this point imo, much to my dismay) I will admit. I'll be glad that a lot of people got their own wishes granted with the likes of Ridley and King K., but outside of Chrom, there aren't any characters that I'm really excited for myself. And even Chrom is just a "oh yeah I like him I'll pick him up". No Dee alongside Alph still being an alt costume alongside Rock Pikmin likely still being unutilized in Olimar's kit is a bit of a personal disappointment. Still, I can see the sheer amount of effort that went into it, and I will be enjoying stuff like Squad Strike, revamped Classic, and the Final Smash meter. I had just hoped that atleast Alph got the echo treatment or Bandana Dee would be playable. Yet I can still hold the slightest amount of hope for one of them.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Define "disappointed"

I mean really, I would only get "disappointed" if I set my expectations too high, which I never do. Besides, I'm already satisfied with how amazing Ultimate is turning out.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Well not gonna lie, I just want one newcomer I can get really excited over. So far it's like Sakurai's asked me to describe my most wanted in vague terms and Monkey Paw'd the heck out of it if we include the leak:

"I'm after a third Donkey Kong character, honestly shocked they didn't appear last game?"(Dixie; due to the Brawl forbidden 7 and an emphasis on female characters)
Sakurai: "I got you bro, here's K. Rool."

"I'm after a villainous cat from Pokemon, that isn't Mewtwo. Probably going to remain an important character for a long time."(Meowth)
Sakurai: "Here's Inciniroar, the heel Pokemon."

"Okay, third parties; I really want to get the second most important character from the Sonic series. Not Eggman, but a pretty big part of the series and is Sonic's number 2" (Tails)
Sakurai:"Oh, you mean Shadow right?"

"Okay, this is the big one; I'm after a pretty big star from the Mario series." (Toad)
Sakurai: "A star, you say? Geno it is"
"No, I mean like he's a big part of the Mario series...a major reoccurring character, has been playable in platformers..."
Sakurai: "Oh Daisy, she recently appeared in Super Mario Run"
"No, I...ok screw the game I'll be straight with you; I wanted Toad?"
Sakurai: "Ah, sorry but I can't add too many new Mario characters. But hey; he's part of Daisy's moveset at least..."
"Why?"
Sakurai: *Big ol' shruggo*

At least I got characters I like from series I'm less of a fan of like Chrom and Isabelle but it's not really comparable for excitement levels.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Mine was Simon, so...

I guess my new one is Ryu Hayabusa. But since I already got my previous one in this game, put me down for a "This game is already going to be amazing, anything else is icing on the cake!"

I've already had my fave get shafted...
Yes, because some people aren't smart enough to see that becoming an assist trophy is an acknowledgement of a character's popularity and a stepping stone to eventually becoming playable, instead of as some kind of insult...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I already got King K.Rool, who was my most wanted ever since Diddy got confirmed in Brawl. So with that being said, I have no right to be dissapointed whatsoever if Isaac, Dixie or Impa won't be included, or at least 1 of them.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Middle choice, since I'm used to it by now. Luckily I play for keeps, so my chips are on various numbers.

I too would like to punch God in the face in Smash someday.
I yearn for the trailer that has him hoisting Palutena by the hair and grasping Ganondorf's face.
DemiFiendFight.jpg

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I have who I want in the main cast as is so I feel everyone after this point is a bonus.

I do hope for some picks like issac or incineroar but I am happy as is.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Are there not Mario Sports games?

I would like to see a Mario Sports representative whether it be Waluigi or not.
That's not unique to Waluigi. Anybody could use those moves.
Plum is something of a default pick for that, as far as Smash fan choices go. An golf-centered moveset would be neat.

Last edited:

Beatrice

Smash Cadet
Only mildly. I'm so excited for the game that if neither Bandana Dee or Marx is in, I'm not gonna be too upset about it.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Where is the "it already has all the characters that matter" option

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Considering my faves that aren't in yet are Phosphora, Medusa, and Monster Hunter, and me understanding that things may not be in their favor, part of me would be disappointed a bit, but not ultimately devastated. I still have a buffed Pit by my side if they don't make it. Honestly I'd be more irritated if certain characters got to be playable over some others, example being Magnus or Hades over Medusa or Phosphora.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
my top 2 are in which are ridley and rool so I am happy with the roster.

though I would love to get some of these as icing on the cake:

chours kids
Geno ( don't have an opinion on him but others want him)
issac ( same)
banjo (same)
dixie kong ( for little bit of both)
variety of interesting fighters
no steve I hate that guy :p

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I mean there will be mild disappointment initially if banjo misses the cut (unless crash gets in instead) but that does not change the fact that we are getting an amazing game and i am still really excited even if there are no more fighters to reveal. I will get over it and move onto wishful dlc thinking.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I’m supporting Toad and Meowth for Smash 6 already.

TaranTr

Smash Rookie
My favorite already came back, i had 1 main in smash 4 and now i'm back with 3

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
I've genuinely wanted Banjo since the Smash 64 days. Even when I thought he would be a candidate for Melee, I thought he had a great chance.

Since then I'm kind of used to the disappointment so I won't really be too phased if he isn't in. Although if he and the bird does make it in I will go absolutely bonkers.

Jolt_91

Smash Cadet
If none of my most wanted get in the base game, I won't be buying it, unless Simon or Richter turn out to be super interesting with their whips. DLC could change that.
What are your most wanted?
Didn't know someone could even be that disappointed about a game that great

Top Bottom