• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you meet ?

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
Eyy Lucas Main-ers! Since Lucas is a newcomer....

I was just curious on how you guys started using Lucas....

I got a very interesting story:

Er!ck's Lucas

well... I didn't play ssb64/melee... just played Brawl, so I was a total noob when I got the game..
I played story mode... played Mario... he was pretty good... I started to main him until the end of the story.. (unlocked all characters)

then I tried facing lv9 CPU's (especially fox/Sonic/Snake) I get owned every single time o_O
so I quit Mario then moved on the next char. on the list.. I think DK... then sucked... Samus was very close.

After 2 days, I got to Lucas.. I knew I would suck but I still tried... ( didn't like him cuz on how he was introduced in the story..)

I killed Fox without dying and he only put 60% dmg on me..
that day was memorable ^ ^
Then I started to Main him, I OWNED!!! XD

and.. I didn't know how to use his recovery =P I kept on falling.. I thought it would be automatic .. lol
took me 2 days to figure that out xD

Wasn't that INTERESTING?
LEMME HEAR YOU STORIES =D

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
I went to a tourny and I saw this guy ****** in doubles with Lucas. I was inspired by his flashy combos and short hops.

He now mains MK.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
No, it was the other guy. It was way back when, before I even knew how to SH. I have gone to a total of 1 singles tournies, so I really have not had a chance to prove my worth. Lucas would be high tier by now:).

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
I just wanted to find someone that matched my playstyle.

Lucas just happened to be that one character after a bunch of attempts to find a character.

Plus, Mother 3 was awesome! :)

Levitas

the moon
the fact that lucas was in brawl made me slightly less pissed that mother 3 is never gonna get the official release here in the U.S.

I'm still pissed that nintendo hasn't released Earthbound AND ssb64 on virtual console

I highly recommend that anyone who hasn't played mother 3 finds/plays it now

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
mother 3 is amazing.

Lucas is fun to play as and I was bummed that Falcon got replaced by Rick Wheeler and Ganon (my melee mains) turned out to be bad in brawl I stuck with Lucas cause he's fun to play as

Chuee

Smash Hero
Well lets just say i used to main mk before i even knew **** about the game. Then i picked lucas and i liked his PK freeze. Then i would pick lylat against my friends ad camp and spam PKT1. Then i learned, learned, and finally found this place and now im kicka$$ :)

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I choose him cuz I didn't have Ness when I first played and he was the closest thing to Ness.
TBH I didn't know who Lucas was until SSBB

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
ohhh.
Imma go msg NINTENDO right now and tell them to release Mother 1,2,3 on the Vit. Console =D

Cloake

Smash Cadet
Lucas felt the most natural for me after Samus got nerfed hardcore. I started punishing my friends more easily because I could predict them and do nice dsmashes and fsmashes.

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
how i got to like lucas was when i was in the subspace,the way he acted it reminded me alot of myself.. except for the scared part =D

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I saw Mega's Lucas.
And I like zapjumping and bair spikes.

Booseter Seat

Smash Cadet
I chose him mainly because I liked Ness in 64/Melee, and you don't start out with Ness in Brawl. After looking around at the roster the first time, he really caught my attention, and I thought he looked like a really cool and new character to try. Even before I owned the game, I practiced with Ness in Melee while others had Brawl, and the few times I got to play Brawl, I cherished the moments I could play Lucas (yeah, I know it's weird). Eventually, when I got the game, I was so eager to play as him, he was my main.

Well that was a long story. :dizzy:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I actually first tried him out because I liked the way his PSI effects looked. <_<

Of course, I kept using him because I liked the way he moved. And now I still use him because no one else does. It offers a wonderful element of surprise when you start playing Smash with other people from your dorm and kick their *** with a character they never considered worth using. I've gotten WTFs from my PKT2 and usmash stunts. This likely says less about my skill and more about their lack of it, though. (Case in point: one didn't know that bair could spike.)

D.A.M

Smash Rookie
i started usin lucas because i used ness on melee ,and since he wasnt a started on brawl i moved to lucas and been using him since :D
MY 1st post? yay

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
you guys are saying that Lucas is good overall.... even his hair/clothes etc xD

I agree =D

MoonGhost

Smash Rookie
I first tried Lucas after playing a match where I kept seeing recoveries being stopped by pk thunder. I never liked Ness, so I tried Lucas. I started winning more with him, plus he's just fun to play as.

c3gill

Smash Ace
I mained Ness in 64 and melee, mostly from a love of the mother series. After originally playing SSBB, Lucas seems to be a much more sound defensive player than Ness, and i really like the change to PK Thunder. I just kind of stuck with him, tailoring my game to his abilities.

Link was always my main 2nd, but due to certain changes to him I have been 2nding Kirby.

heytallman

CTALL
I played Ness in Melee (but I was a noob so I don't count lol). When characters were being announced for Brawl, we got a first look at Lucas. I really liked that his bair could spike (Ness' bair was beastly, so I was used to using bair a lot), and I also really liked that his PK fire went horizontally. So, when Brawl dropped, I left Ness and Picked Lucas. Then I played Mother 3. That was one of the best games I have ever played.

Now I still play Lucas, but also play ROB as well.

The.End

Smash Cadet
Well let's see, when they first announced Lucas, i thought, Woo that sounds great, so i tried him and thought he was pretty awesome. I stopped playing him, when i started playing Ness, and following that, several other characters, and then started to play Lucas again... And now i play him again =3

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
His playstyle is polar opposite of my Ike main. That's one of the reasons.

Actually, when I started Brawl (Never played 64 or Melee) I was looking at Lucas and was like "WTF, a kid" and I chose the blunt Ike as my main. I got very good as to defeat any level 8 CPU, or so I thought. It turns out that I was able to 5 stock a level 8 with 2 stocks left, every time, except when I fought Lucas, who actually won with 2 stocks remaining. I never felt so pwned. So then I decided that I'd try him out, and he had the exact opposite of Ike's playstyle, which I liked. I've mained him ever since.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
When I first got brawl, I decided to pick up a character that I had been dieing to get my hands on because he was a badass. He was Metaknight. However, I wasn't very good at the time with MK... I wasn't good with anyone. I spammed the C stick just because it was the only thing I knew how to do.

I realized I wasn't going anywhere with MK and that if I wanted to get any better, I needed a new character. My first selection was wolf since he had good smashes, but then I realized it was the C-stick that was making me so bad... My next step was to start B-sticking with my character. Imagine how sucky a B-sticking wolf is. Even though this had successfully weened me off of the C-stick, but I was on the brink of quitting. I had no main and was starting to plummet fast.

Then, I read a post. It wasn't on SMF, it was from another site. A user in our SSBB thread had commented how good Lucas was with just his U-smash and PK fire. I tried Lucas out and was amazed... My opponents had just gotten the game so they weren't use to his Kamikaze Up-smash and died several time learning about it. I had my main and I've been loyal to him ever since.

Since then I've picked up MK again (now as a secondary) and I've changed my play style with Lucas (U-smash and PK fire were exchanged for SHFF Nairs, FH Dairs, and Pseudo Wavebounce PKfire). He's still my main, and I love using him.

Meccs

@Meccs_
very minor spoilers:
I was playing MOTHER3, and Claus is my favorite character in the game (he's just plain awesome) and I was sad that he was only playable in the very beginning. Then I remembered: wait, one of Lucas' colors is Claus, I can play as him! and have been using him when I don't feel like playing as Ness, and he's now my 2nd best character.
I usually play as Claus, but will play as Lucas just to switch it up every now and then.

Cardd

Smash Cadet
i first mained diddy, now diddy is my 2nd.
The way i chose lucas was this.

I got spiked by a lvl 9 computer during the first 24 hours of brawl.

i was like OH SNAP!!!!!

then i used lucas.

Lucas has the coolest spike ever.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I don't think there is anything more satisfying than bair spiking someone. It's true.

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
I actually went to a GameStop prerelease tournament and picked up Lucas for the first time using Wiimote and Chuck (It's all they would let anyone play with...). I ended up 3rd out of 30 or so in the tournament with him, almost, ALMOST beating this jackhole that had an import copy of the game that showed up to beat a bunch of people who haven't even touched the controls for it yet. It was great, everyone was rooting for me, because no one liked the kid. He was always butting into everyone's conversations and being a condescending loser about the game. The fact that I touched the wiimote/chuck controls a total of 3-4 times in total and held my own the first time playing him was a great feeling, all thanks to Lucas. No one even told the kid who won "congratulations," just because he was that big of an assbag.

I was interested in him before that because he looked similar to Ness at the time, who was my favorite in Melee.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Ha, same thing happened at my Gamestop tourny. The kid who won had already been playing the Japanese version for about a week.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I started using Zelda and Toon Link first, was going to use MK but he felt incredibly awkward and I dismissed him immediately.

Zelda just seemed like too easy of a character, just like a spambox really... Toon Link was good, but I didn't have much fun playing him.

I was playing random for the lulz with my friend Skyler, who used MK and pissed me off to no end. (spammed dsmash) And I got Lucas (obviously) and I 3 stocked his MK. I was like XD Fun new alt time!

I mained Peach in melee, and I loved her, and I used Ness for fun. Ness was pretty awkward a lot so I immediately saw how different Lucas was to Ness. He felt so much more fluid and better than Ness, especially at the start, just with his PK fire and PK thunder. I eventually saw I had more fun playing Lucas than TL, so I decided to go with the person I had more fun with playing, and I significantly improved since.

BTW, I played Mother 3 AFTER maining Lucas. My friend once called me to brawl, and I was like: "I can't man." "Why not!?" "Lucas just died in Mother 3. That's not a good sign for using him in brawl." XD Idk I like felt a lot closer to him for some reason after playing the game.

What is WITH me and long posts? This is aggravating me. XD Sorry for the wall of text guys. Lawl.

Top Bottom