• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did Lucas get top 5 uthrows?

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
LOL

The TC had to go over a LOT of moves, for like, every character. @_@
Maybe he got tired of doing so and just slapped Lucas on there. :/

But I know his Uthrow sucks.

Galeon

Smash Ace
It's not a bad up throw. Wouldn't see it as top 5 but I don't think it 'sucks'.

EDIT: My last edit didn't come out. But yea, Iunno how serious you should take the list. It has Lucas's down-b above Wolf's reflector, Luigi's Tornado and Ice Climbers' Blizzard. Maybe they're considering recovery ability? Best part is that Pit's isn't even on the list. They have Lucas's zair as being better than Toon Link's (what?) yet marked as the worst.

I think Lucas's up throw is marked as the best because people saw his kill throw and assumed up throw. Regardless, not a bad up throw.

Irsic

Smash Ace
It's not that I think it's bad, it's just that I probably won't ever use it over down or back throw.

The reason for posting this though is that I highly doubt that it's deserving of being in the TOP 5 uthrows. I'm sure Lucas' Magnet is being considered for it's versatility. It gives a ton of recovery options, strange momentum generation, heals a ton of damage, stalls in mid-air, and can kill.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
It's because viparagon doesn't know what he's talking about. IMO, disregard that list... it doesn't even look pleasing to the eye. It's mostly lower case! Seriously... I know that's kind of "shallow" but it really doesn't look legit. That list is a waste of time, sorry... and Lucas' uthrow is pretty much like almost every other character's, it puts the opponent in the air

prOAPC

Smash Lord
I'm sure Lucas' Magnet is being considered for it's versatility. It gives a ton of recovery options, strange momentum generation, heals a ton of damage, stalls in mid-air, and can kill.
you made it sounds like one of the best moves in the entire game :O
i stop reading the list, when Lucas' jab wasn't in the top 10

lil cj

Smash Lord
Maybe uthrow can lead into combos like:
uthrow+utilt
uthrow+up smash(for the kill)
uthrow +uair
uthrow+ dair (any dair combo)
uthrow+nair (any nair combo)
uthrow + uair+ PKT2 downward angle(jus a thought)
There could be others....who knows uthrow could be a great combo starter
I will test this out more

lil cj

Smash Lord
my bad...lol
thats the only logical reason that came to mind of why they would put Lucas' upthrow as #4???

Irsic

Smash Ace
The thread has been going on quite a while, lots of debate and lots of changes. That's why I still laughed when I saw it.

And PK Freeze worst b move...yeah I guess it's believable. I would have though Ganondorf over Lucas' though, and least I hit with it every once and while. >_>

And uthrow combos into nothing. <_<

Top Bottom