• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can we predict reveals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
I was personally shocked that the picture for today had literally nothing to do with MK8 at all, I figured it would've at least been something related to it.

Oh um by the way I'm new here posting wise so forgive me if I have no idea what I'm doing. I have come here often to read on people's opinions though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh um by the way I'm new here posting wise so forgive me if I have no idea what I'm doing. I have come here often to read on people's opinions though.
Welcome to Smashboards then. If you need any help or are unsure with something then feel free to send me or any other mods a PM. ^_^

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You guy really shouldn't have expected Wario. :p
I didn't. Though I'm a tad surprised to see nothing related to Mario Kart revealed. I'm going to assume that's because there will be no content from Mario Kart 8 in this game. Oh well.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Just as long as they don't half ass announce characters like the smash direct. 4 vets, 1 newcomer. Yoshi didn't need the direct, while the other three were decent but could have evened out the ratio better.

Last E3 was decent with 3 but I would like 5/5, keep them together

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
They will probably really rev up the hype this time since it won't be much longer till we get the 3DS version. I'm somewhat expecting them to announce a lot more in this E3 than the last one. I could be very wrong though :ohwell:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Four Brawl starting roster vets (:popo::lucas::metaknight::wario:) and 9 potential unlockable characters from Brawl (:falcon::falco::ganondorf::jigglypuff::gw::ness2::rob::snake::wolf:) left. Any of them could be fair game. As I said in another thread, I'm expecting the number of characters revealed to at least match the Direct, 5, but go no more than 8. Five veterans and three newcomers sounds about right to me.

Shroob

Sup?
Four Brawl starting roster vets (:popo::lucas::metaknight::wario:) and 9 potential unlockable characters from Brawl (:falcon::falco::ganondorf::jigglypuff::gw::ness2::rob::snake::wolf:) left. Any of them could be fair game. As I said in another thread, I'm expecting the number of characters revealed to at least match the Direct, 5, but go no more than 8. Five veterans and three newcomers sounds about right to me.
I'm really getting concerned about Mother as a whole. :\

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I'm really getting concerned about Mother as a whole. :\
Long as we get Ness over Lucas I'm happy if they are going to cut somebody. Replacing Ness would feel like a huge slap in the face since it was thanks to his appearance in the original smash I grew to love his game. Lucas is Japan only so I'll never get to play his game so I don't want to cast Ness out just because Lucas is more recent.

Shroob

Sup?
Long as we get Ness over Lucas I'm happy if they are going to cut somebody. Replacing Ness would feel like a huge slap in the face since it was thanks to his appearance in the original smash I grew to love his game. Lucas is Japan only so I'll never get to play his game so I don't want to cast Ness out just because Lucas is more recent.
On the contrary, I feel like both boys should return. Mother barely gets any representation in Smash Bros as is, and I feel like cutting one of the two would be cutting out an entire part of the series' history filled with things they can use. Like the Pigmask Soldiers as enemies in Smash Run, etc.

However, Sakurai has been soo hush hush about the franchise, which concerns me. :S

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The only veterans I can see getting announced are Wario and Meta Knight. There will probably be one more, but no one strikes in particular unless we get a new game announcement.

One newcomer is guaranteed, but I don't see us getting more than two at the most. Only guesses I would have would be Chrom (because Ike reveal for his trailer), Takamaru (for recent localization of his game), Pacman (E3 would be the best place to), and Palutena (to put things to rest).

Can also see Ridley being put to rest for better or worst. Either way the salt will be amazing.

EDIT: Mother characters will probably come in July to follow the series' 25th anniversary. Both characters are fairly safe, and one is pretty much guaranteed to be a starter.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
The only veterans I can see getting announced are Wario and Meta Knight. There will probably be one more, but no one strikes in particular unless we get a new game announcement.

One newcomer is guaranteed, but I don't see us getting more than two at the most. Only guesses I would have would be Chrom (because Ike reveal for his trailer), Takamaru (for recent localization of his game), Pacman (E3 would be the best place to), and Palutena (to put things to rest).

Can also see Ridley being put to rest for better or worst. Either way the salt will be amazing.
Basically everything here. I'll only add i believe E3 will solidify Snake's place either on or off the roster.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the contrary, I feel like both boys should return. Mother barely gets any representation in Smash Bros as is, and I feel like cutting one of the two would be cutting out an entire part of the series' history filled with things they can use. Like the Pigmask Soldiers as enemies in Smash Run, etc.

However, Sakurai has been soo hush hush about the franchise, which concerns me. :S
I've talked a lot about this in the past but I'm pretty sure both Mother boys are safe, especially Ness.

Ness:

1. Original 12 and in every game.

This is enough but just to add more to it:

2. Earthbound re-release on the Wii U was a huge success.

Now for Lucas:

1. No starting roster character has yet to be outright cut from a Smash game.
2. Only starting roster character from Brawl who hasn't been confirmed or strongly implied yet.
3. Relevancy argument no longer works with the return of Ike.
4. Semi clone argument doesn't work with the return of Toon Link, Brawl's biggest semi-clone.
5. Only character aside from ROB in the SSE that had any real character development.
6. Still the latest hero of the Mother franchise.
7. Only semi clone to ever be in the starting roster of a Smash game.
8. Ulimate Chimera mentioned on May 1st.

And for the both of them:

1. The Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn have made the cut, strongly implying that there is going to be a Mother character in the starting roster.
2. An Earthbound stage in the Wii U version and a Mother 3 stage in the 3DS would make too much sense.

At this point, I wouldn't be concerned about either of them. The reason that not much has been said about Mother is because it's a small franchise (only three games) and hasn't had an installment since 2006 (which was a Japanese exclusive to boot). These things being said, it doesn't really need that much attention. Also, Mother is hardly the only franchise that hasn't gotten much love since the SSB4 site opened. DK, Star Fox, Yoshi, and Kirby haven't gotten that much attention either and they're considerably bigger. Also, keep in mind that Lucas was the third to last starting roster newcomer that was shown off to Brawl so for him to be revealed relatively late in nothing new to him.

Shroob

Sup?
I've talked a lot about this in the past but I'm pretty sure both Mother boys are safe, especially Ness.

Ness:

1. Original 12 and in every game.

This is enough but just to add more to it:

2. Earthbound re-release on the Wii U was a huge success.

Now for Lucas:

1. No starting roster character has yet to be outright cut from a Smash game.
2. Only starting roster character from Brawl who hasn't been confirmed or strongly implied yet.
3. Relevancy argument no longer works with the return of Ike.
4. Semi clone argument doesn't work with the return of Toon Link, Brawl's biggest semi-clone.
5. Only character aside from ROB in the SSE that had any real character development.
6. Still the latest hero of the Mother franchise.
7. Only semi clone to ever be in the starting roster of a Smash game.
8. Ulimate Chimera mentioned on May 1st.

And for the both of them:

1. The Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn have made the cut, strongly implying that there is going to be a Mother character in the starting roster.
2. An Earthbound stage in the Wii U version and a Mother 3 stage in the 3DS would make too much sense.

At this point, I wouldn't be concerned about either of them. The reason that not much has been said about Mother is because it's a small franchise (only three games) and hasn't had an installment since 2006 (which was a Japanese exclusive to boot). These things being said, it doesn't really need that much attention. Also, Mother is hardly the only franchise that hasn't gotten much love since the SSB4 site opened. DK, Star Fox, Yoshi, and Kirby haven't gotten that much attention either and they're considerably bigger. Also, keep in mind that Lucas was the third to last starting roster newcomer that was shown off to Brawl so for him to be revealed relatively late in nothing new to him.
It's true that we've never lost a starter character, but there's a first for everything, which is what has me concerned.

I'm just gonna sadface a bunch when the Franklin Badge's trophy says it's latest appearance was Mother 3, and there's no Lucas. :(

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig

They should return, don't get me wrong. Earthbound deserves to see more attention, I was just saying I want to see at least Ness over Lucas if it has to come down to it.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658

Wait an Earthbound stage? Am I missing out something here? :/

I highly doubt Ness, Puff and Captain Falcon will be revealed (in E3). They should remain as (secret) unlockables.

Also do note that newcomers have a chance to be secret too. (Unfortunately it means that character hopefuls won't shut up until all the roster is confirmed)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Wait an Earthbound stage? Am I missing out something here? :/
Also do note that newcomers have a chance to be secret too. (Unfortunately it means that character hopefuls won't shut up until all the roster is confirmed)
No apart from perfection Earthbound finally getting a Virtual Console release.

DoubleN

Smash Rookie
Just curious, were there any Earthbound-related assist trophies in Brawl?

DoubleN

Smash Rookie
Ahhhh yes thank you. Yeah with Mr. Saturn confirmed again I think the chance of both Ness and Lucas returning is fairly high, and I would love to see someone like Paula get an assist trophy perhaps.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Console games have stages on the Wii U version and handheld games have stages on the 3DS.
Speaking of this, can the 3DS handle a big stage like New Pork City? Since it is a Mother 3 stage, it will likely be in the 3DS version, if ported. But I suppose they might create a brand new stage for Ness and Lucas for the 3DS version of the game.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman

EDIT: Mother characters will probably come in July to follow the series' 25th anniversary. Both characters are fairly safe, and one is pretty much guaranteed to be a starter.
let's not get hasty calling out the newcomers, cuz Greninja threw my prediction off and lucario and Rosalina and IKE. lol
there probably won't be chrom like everyone is expecting maybe someone else. what im trying to say, all character seem likely as in equal chances of getting in.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
let's not get hasty calling out the newcomers, cuz Greninja threw my prediction off and lucario and Rosalina and IKE. lol
there probably won't be chrom like everyone is expecting maybe someone else. what im trying to say, all character seem likely as in equal chances of getting in.
I'm in agreement on this. Everyone's expecting Chrom, but frankly FE is big enough and there's tons of potential reps even if you ONLY count Lord characters (and I don't mean characters with the Lord class; if a character functions like a Lord in that they're a main character whose death causes a gameover throughout the entire game, they're a Lord). Greninja was certainly unexpected to most people, I don't necessarily believe Sakurai will immediately pick Chrom as the next rep.

That said I don't think there will be too many total surprise WTF characters like Wii Fit Trainer. Maybe one more. But adding in a character with a fairly important role from FE isn't necessarily a WTF moment.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I except at least three newcomers for E3. The characters I think are likely for E3 are

Veterans
Snake
Meta Knight
Wario
Ness
Mewtwo (?)

Newcomers
Mii
Pacman
Palutena
Mewtwo (?)
Ridley
King K Rool

Last edited:

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
I except at least three newcomers for E3. The characters I think are likely for E3 are

Veterans
Snake
Meta Knight
Wario
Ness
Mewtwo (?)

Newcomers
Mii
Pacman
Palutena
Mewtwo (?)
Ridley
King K Rool
Mewtwo isn't a newcomer so that is out of the question.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So now that we are at around 30 characters, I'm guessing that during E3, they will probably unveil 2-3 veteran characters with at least 2 newcomer characters.

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo could probably have a Charizinja-style trailer. Where he shares it with another Pokemon newcomer.
I don't see us getting another Pokemon newcomer... maybe with another newcomer? If Pokemon getting 6 rep, I'm pretty sure it'll be Mewtwo and Jigglypuff.

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Console games have stages on the Wii U version and handheld games have stages on the 3DS.
Yea I know that. I thought you meant an Earthbound stage exists in the game (And I thought I was missing out on something)

I don't see us getting another Pokemon newcomer... maybe with another newcomer? If Pokemon getting 6 rep, I'm pretty sure it'll be Mewtwo and Jigglypuff.
I really don't see Mewtwo returning. And it's unlikely Nintendo will let Pokemon have more reps than Mario (Main mascot ._.)
Even if Mewtwo is in he might just be a secret unlockable too

Dark2020

Smash Apprentice
Yea I know that. I thought you meant an Earthbound stage exists in the game (And I thought I was missing out on something)

I really don't see Mewtwo returning. And it's unlikely Nintendo will let Pokemon have more reps than Mario (Main mascot ._.)
Even if Mewtwo is in he might just be a secret unlockable too
I'm not a Mewtwo supporter but Mewtwo was in the game's files back in Brawl and if you put the arguement that Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong are in the same world as Mario; Mario would have about 9 rep..
But with that saying; Jigglypuff is the 5th Pokemon rep. Mewtwo's return all depends on what Sakurai does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom