• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can WE good at PM?

KsMf

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

So we have a small Smash circuit in my city. It's not very big but we've started hosting small tournaments. Our favorite smash to play (I know this is going to sound funny.) is actually Brawl Minus. Recently with all the hype around P:M we've given it a go on one of our stations.

The verdict? It's a lot more difficult than I expected it to be. The streams/videos I've been watching have been making it look so easy. A lot of us have been struggling to get used to it.

When I play P:M I feel like my timing on everything is completely off, I guess this is due to buffering? Like I'll try to jump and do an air attack but end up Up Tilting or Up Smashing. On Brawl Minus I love wave dashing with Fox, but I find wave dashing to be a chore to re-learn in P:M.

Any tips to getting used to this game? What are some basic fundamentals I should grasp?

KsMf

Smash Rookie
Definitely will be practicing SHFFL's, seems like the answer to my problems dealing with all the landing lag.

OMalley

Smash Cadet
well the idea behind brawl minus is broken (fast) as hell right? thats not P:M's goal. P:M is supposed to be similar to Mele in hopes of creating a fun competitive version of brawl, with viable characters. if you want crazy broken, brawl minus. if you want competitive goodness, P:M.​

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
Movement and your punish game are the most important skills. Forget about re-learning to wavedash, think of other ways to move like dropping through platforms, wavelanding off them into aerials, etc. and the timing should come back pretty easy.

Top Bottom