• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can a Falcon player deal with somebody who camps?

Bourg

Smash Rookie
I have a friend I practice with who plays a lot of Marth, and the matchup infuriates me. When we're in neutral, he'll go under a platform and tilt until I approach, at which point he'll shield or fsmash. If I try to shield, he just grabs me because Marth has insane grab range. If I try to grab him, he just rolls away from my pitiful Falcon arms. It's really getting to me and I have no idea what to do. How do you deal with somebody just sitting in such an advantageous position?

Chaloopy

Smash Rookie
If he's rolling out of fear, punish that roll. Make him miss you when he swings.

Cloudburst

Smash Cadet
You need to dashdance in and out of his zone of control to bait out an attack. Practice this until you can react fast enough to dashdance in after an unsafe attack, get a grab, and convert that into a KO.

Garr

Smash Apprentice
Falcon only needs 1 grab to kill Marth. Use your superior mobility to bait and punish his whiffs, then covert that into a combo that leads to a knee.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
Old school falcons (SS/Darkrain/Isai) sometimes just run in and shield as a mixup, SDI-ing whatever the Marth uses. If the Marth uses anything other than jab or grab you can just JC-grab.

Onisser

Smash Rookie
Dash-Dancing is a great tool against a campy player. A campy Sheik, for example, can be caught when using projectiles if you jump in with an aerial, or dash in and grab. As with everything Falcon does, you need decent spacing to avoid being punished. Generally though, dash-dancing will help you punish.

Top Bottom