• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS How are you buying Smash 4 on 3DS?

Burndchaos

Smash Rookie
With the choice between a solid game and downloading it off the eShop, how are you gonna buy it and why?

rocksgo

Smash Rookie
The physical version would take about a week or two to arrive where I live, and I'm too hyped too wait that much. I'm gonna go with digital.

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
I'm also going with digital, there's nowhere near my place that has stores specifically focused on gaming.

So yeah, I'm going digital.

Articablack

Smash Apprentice
The physical version would take about a week or two to arrive where I live, and I'm too hyped too wait that much. I'm gonna go with digital.
That's a shame that you have to do that. At least you'll have the game though.

Nice avatar by the way... I wonder how long it took to make that. The moment the TV spot aired maybe?

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I'm usually a physical copy guy, but I see myself taking Smash 4 everywhere so I'd rather just go digital. I made the mistake of going physical with New Leaf, never again.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting a hard copy mostly because the new 3ds is coming out. And I don't want to rebuy it just for the :GCCN:

Last edited:

Burndchaos

Smash Rookie
The reason I am getting digital is because I really don't want to have to worry about keeping up with a solid game. I'd be destroyed if I lost Smash 4.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
But you can transfer digital data from your 3ds to your new 3ds
Holy mother of god. Whelp u learn something new every day. I'll look a ltitle more into it but thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

Burndchaos

Smash Rookie
Holy mother of god. Whelp u learn something new every day. I'll look a ltitle more into it but thanks for the heads up.
Yeah. Its connected to your nintendo account so I would wager to assume that it works like steam and their games.

rocksgo

Smash Rookie
That's a shame that you have to do that. At least you'll have the game though.

Nice avatar by the way... I wonder how long it took to make that. The moment the TV spot aired maybe?
Usually I prefer having a physical copy since I can lend it to my friends, plus having the box is kinda nice -- but having Smash always on my 3DS is a plus as well, so I don't mind that much.

(pretty much made the avatar just as the commercial aired, yes)

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Physical Copy, plain and simple. I do not want to risk my 3DS bugging out and deleting everything (because it happened with my Four Swords Anniversary Edition, and I never got it back). It's also to find out if my brother steals the game and I can get it back.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Definitely a physical copy. I never buy digital copies. I feel it is a lot more satisfying to have it be something you can hold in your hands. And luckily, I've never really had a problem with not being able to find my games, since I keep them all in a place where I won't lose them.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Physical, I don't want to risk losing another game to data corruption.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Definitely a physical copy. I never buy digital copies. I feel it is a lot more satisfying to have it be something you can hold in your hands. And luckily, I've never really had a problem with not being able to find my games, since I keep them all in a place where I won't lose them.
Yeah, although from where I live it'll have to take a week to ship... I'm totally getting the physical copy because you just need to look at that box in all of its glory :colorful:

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not that you'd ever want to sell it, but a physical copy retains its resale value.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Ordered a hard copy, figured there might not be a midnight release since Gamestop's been silent about it, decided I like digital more anyway (so I can keep Bravely Default or Zelda in the slot but still have the other games easy without lugging them around), so I'm getting both. Will probably let friends without the game use the hard copy.

Tshockz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
speed0fsound
3DS FC
1762-3005-1769
Digital plan to get it the moment it comes out at midnight and pull an all nighter.

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
Im going physical because I alredy pre ordered at game stop and i just like to have the physical copies of games because I like to unboxed them and look at the case the bad part about it is since in in middle school I dont get out til 4:00 and since smash comes out on a Friday I would have to wait till I get out

flacofaloc

Smash Cadet
Im going physical because I alredy pre ordered at game stop and i just like to have the physical copies of games because I like to unboxed them and look at the case the bad part about it is since in in middle school I dont get out til 4:00 and since smash comes out on a Friday I would have to wait till I get out
Screw that, skip school. Smash is worth it.

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
Screw that, skip school. Smash is worth it.
Yeah but I live in geogia and if your not at school they call your house saying your not at school yeah it sucks I hope im sick that day

Last edited:

Spirst

Gamestop Midnight release for me. Luckily, the closest Gamestop to me is just a block away and I already have the preorder.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I have preordered from Amazon UK, since I'm IN the UK. I remember preordering GTA V from them last year, and it arrived at 8:30am of the release day, so I'm hoping that they'll be as punctual with Smash 3DS! (or maybe even the day before!!)

Top Bottom