• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How are my ICs?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Aight,

vs luigi.

- Granted this is a hit-or-miss idea, with where you are starting, i suggest you shoulda tried a desynch blizzard from the start.

It's not guarenteed, but if people jump up at you (like luigi did), you could land a early free hit or grab.

- First death

wow dont hang out right in front of him and not do anything. :/

It's not like he jumped at you and immediately did anything, so dont hang around in his range if you're not gunna do anything.

On another angle, if you were looking to save nana, you should either

1) stay a lil farther away from the edge so that doesnt happen
or
2) pay closer attention to your opponent. I know it's easy to get sidetracked watching nana, it happens to me alot. Just keep in mind it doesnt matter if she dies, but it does if you do.

- general comment

You're pretty defensive minded. You're over here layin on ice blocks like you're in a hadouken fight or something. The way the fight is going, it's not specifically bad that you're doing this cause you're getting punished (alot) by doing this, but i honestly think you should either completely stay back with ice blocks, or space them well (a.k.a. dont jump in and do an ice block, and then miss and get hit like you did somewhere in all this).

I think working on some approaches might help. You seem to come in with the dash attack and f.air as your only two approaches.

Come to think of it, im not seeing alot of (intentional). I think this would help you out with your offense since you could do ice block chasers, or ice block approaches (Since you love ice blocks soooooo much, lol). And since you're rolling around to get away alot, you could use rollsynch blizzard to trap.

On a positive note, you have your wavedashing down (lol). Maybe you could throw in some wavesmashes, wavetilts, and wavejabs? That'd help your offense out. Proporly spaced wave f.tilts are generally safe, and make for a nice approach. Wavejabs are always good for starting a jab mindgame. And wavesmashes, well, it's wavesmashes. :-D

*** vs CapFal***

"THE BEING WHO MAKES A BEAST OUTTA HIMSELF, GETS RID OF THE PAIN OF BEIN A MAN" Bat Country is so tight. Reminds me of Guilty Gear's soundtrack, minus wailing guitar.

Anywho.

So far, pretty much the same stuff.

- Well, good job holding CapFal down with ice blocks, but ya gotta be ready to smash or something when he's too high to sweetspot.

Damage was done, so it's not like this was anything "dumb", just get that head when you set that up.

- Ya know, i personally dont like the d.air.

Its cause I either miss the l-cancelling of it, or the l-cancel doenst really get you much of a reward, but I personally dont like it.

You, on the other hand apparently love this.

Which isnt a bad thing, but it seems like you use it where you could get away with doing something else, and you could actually get a better reward. (i.e. n.air to grab, b.air [ a few times ]).

As for your other aerial choices, they seem to be aight, cept you dont use the n.air alot. I like that over the f.air SOMETIMES, but it cant really replace anything else. This really isnt a critique, just more of a random comment.

The last part of this video kinda sums up what I said about being defensive minded. CapFal just kinda waited around and you decided to run in at him. Since you dont have many approaches, he kinda abused you and then made you run into a knee. ;/

________

Eh, that's all I got for now.

All in all, your ICs are aight. They're not bad overall, but, in my opinion, you're offense is lackin'. By the look of those videos, you're defensive minded, which isnt bad, but you have to have options for when you want to or have to go offensive.

Think of it like having defensive tricks for when you have to play defensive.

. . . --stops to think--.

Yeah, that's all I got, I think.

Go work on some approaches. :)

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
lol at the Rhapsody.

You play a lot like I do. Except I go for grabs a lot more. And I abuse the crap out of wavesmashing. And I desynch into blizzards attempting to trap my opponent in grabs once every three seconds. Ok, so you don't really play like me, except that we both like to spam ice blocks. :)

I don't really know what to tell you though. The only area where I'm better than most ICs is grabs. The rest of my game is pretty spotty.

Captain Falcon should never make it back on stage.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
I can grab, but only when I shield grab, otherwise I miss and get pounded. And I do <3 the Ice Blocks, very very much. I should probably try to do something other then ice blocks though...<_<.

Yeah, I'm at my friends house so I'm on his account right now. So don't get all confused :p.

IronChief

Smash Journeyman
It was a pretty solid IC but, i would agree with Shai their not alot of grabbing going on there i find that to be half of IC game right there. You should really try to obuse that and more desyncing would be useful as well like the ice blocks you did them nondesync the whole time. Overall though i would say they are not too bad.

~ Iron Chief

bËst^

Smash Journeyman
I think you played at times suprisingly good, WITHOUT almost any grabs or DeSynching??? you didn't use the two most important things that IC's have so when compared to that... you succeeded very good. I just wonder.... why not to use grabs and DeSynching? =S

Top Bottom