• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No, you've been marked forever. Accept the consequences.

Nike.

Smash Hero
It wasn't streamed, we didn't have Internet access. It was just recorded, the Austin Smash Club people did it and are probably uploading it to their YouTube account.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Razer and I saw zebras on the way back from San Antonio.

I-10 is a strange highway.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGCalt.jpg

Texas largest tournament series, TGC, is having its 4th event on August 15th 2015 aka 11 days away!

This month, we have a new temporary venue (or an old venue if you went to my HOBOs), Funplex! There is a room above the bar area solely dedicated to smash 4. The room also has a stage for important fights/streaming and a small back room with a couch to chill/have one set-up or whatever.

There is a new character challenge as well. If you place top 4 by ONLY using ROY or ONLY using FALCO or ONLY using GW then you will receive an extra 50$ from me on top of what you earned for reaching 4th place prize money.

Also, please check the rules for TGC 4 because i have changed things. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have your WiiU updated to the newest patch which is 1.10.

Finally, this will be the last TGC in its current form. There will be some major alterations after this event. Change is needed. Expect more details after TGC 4 comes to a close. But for now, please spread this event to all your friends and lets make this event as big as possible.

For more info about TGC 4, please go here: http://smashboards.com/threads/aug-...eat-roy-gw-falco-challenge-houston-tx.409722/

Last edited:

Xyro77

i would like that but i don't have the equipment and funplex is using their own in other rooms. the best i can do is use a HUGE tv on the stage.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Small back room? Sekret klub?

A projector? Is one really needed? If so...

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
It would be nice to have speakers/projector for the main stage. I know this is probably not possible. Also, I'm bringing a headset to plug into the Asus monitors for all my matches that have no external speakers.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I thought about getting a projector if I could find a really cheap one.

Not having sound does suck sometimes...

Xyro77

Here is an update on movie night with Xyro! https://www.facebook.com/events/1609886285926820/

1. Only 2 more days until the fantastic Four (2015)!!!

2. Tickets to the 12:01am August 6th Thursday (technically Friday) showing of Fantastic 4 at AMC Gulf Pointe theater are up for sale!!!

If you have not bought them, go ahead and do it now. It will save you time in lines.

3. The winner of the contest is Kadin McAdoo. He will receive free ticket, free popcorn and a free drink.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Asa, I ...

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah. It's bigger than the 64 version. Prob because the characters or camera or something.
It was probably suited to be for 8-player Smash in mind.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'd be down for Gamer. That cat tho.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I want Yoshi's Island legal. You have way dumber stuff legal, I don't see why I can't have this cool stage legal. I think we all deserve a dumb counterpick that makes us smile and makes our opponents extra salty.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
(TGC) Texas Gaming Championships Funplex Venue Tour Room 1 & 2
Directions: There are 2 rooms in the video. Room 1 is the 1st room and that is the Smash 4 room. How to get to that room is when you get in the parking lot of Funplex you will see a sign that says "Bowling". Walk inside of the doors and come into the bowling alley. Look to the left and start walking forward. You will past the Bar and the Restrooms. You will see some stairs, walk up those stairs and that is were Room 1 will be.

Room 2: To get to Room 2 from the front you can use the same directions as Room 1. When you get into Room 1, you will walk straight and go down the stairs like in the video and see a room to your left. That is Room 2 and that is for FGC/Melee/BYOC games. You can also get to Room 2 from the front from the patio area. Look for the "Bowling" sign outside and there is a patio to the left and some doors. Come though those doors and Room 2 will be located to your left. Check video to see the doors.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Xyro77 for moderator and President of the United States

Top Bottom