• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Pretty sure M2K/ADHD didn't put the final nail in the coffin at MLG. Its all about the money and MLG officials already stated that even if each event had capped, it would not be enough money to cover what they spent on Brawl.

IF Brawl had had support from Nintendo and sponsors bringing in money and the M2K/ADHD scandal had taken that away. THEN it would be their fault. But M2K ain't Tiger woods, Brawl did not have a chance at the 2011 circuit and the community itself couldn't have done anything to change that.
Dude MLG doesnt make money off of ANY games. Think about it, the payouts for each game were gonna be the same whether 1 player showed up or 100. Its the sponsors that give them money(doritos/stride/dr.pepper....ect). Smash could have capped at each event and mlg would still not make money.

What i listed are the reasons why mlg dropped brawl. nothing more or less

no i didnt. i already knew that happened....i was around back then. its not the reason why melee was dropped

Tesh

Smash Hero
My point is that Brawl isn't exactly bringing any sponsors or helping them get more sponsors. So they should be making room for something that can.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I highly recommend going to Pound. I went to the last one. I saw a few "turn-offs" but the experience was still amazing. Watching M2k vs Armada live was worth the trip itself.

Looked at the info for the next one. Airport -> transportation -> hotel/venue is ****. 24 hour venue in the freakin Hyatt. It's a few minutes drive from the airport with shuttles going back and forth. Genesis and Pound4 were both a 45 minute drive from the airport. It sucked. Mere minutes from the airport is amazing.

This is amazing for anyone flying. I'm trying so save up christmas/bday money to go to Pound. It may very well be the most "traveler friendly" national and I don't wanna miss out. Much props to Plank.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Xyro77 said:
no i didnt. i already knew that happened....i was around back then. its not the reason why melee was dropped
yea, but melée and a original melée player caused the rule to be made. People did it again and they decided to drop smash. Most of us already expected this after the huge controversy, so why make such a huge deal about.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
IMO, it was the lack of sponsorship and lack of Nintendo support that led to Brawl's demise in the MLG circuit. If a part of your business isn't making money, you drop that dead weight. It's nothing personal, it's just business. The split incident was just a small part of the inevitable decision.

It's really dumb that people are getting pissed off. If they were in the same position, then they would do the exact same thing.

Also, I think PJ is trying to point out it was BECAUSE of Melee players that the rule even existed. Saying "only brawl players are greedy" is dumb when the Melee scene caused the rule to be added in the first place. Also, Melee had its fair share of corruption and greed...OC3 by far was the worst imo.

heytallman

CTALL
Guys! I need your help! All is Brawl is having a Christmas karaoke contest, and I need votes! My entry is actually somewhat decent, and people are voting for super ****ty ones, just because the people are popular. If you have an All is Brawl account, go here http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=97345&page=1 and vote for me, please! Also feel free to listen to others', but I'm sure you'll find mine among the best.

Honestly, this one is winning right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE1tc823OWg Do you really think this deserves to win?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
yea, but melée and a original melée player caused the rule to be made. People did it again and they decided to drop smash. Most of us already expected this after the huge controversy, so why make such a huge deal about.
im not making a big deal out of it.

Also, I think PJ is trying to point out it was BECAUSE of Melee players that the rule even existed. Saying "only brawl players are greedy" is dumb when the Melee scene caused the rule to be added in the first place. Also, Melee had its fair share of corruption and greed...OC3 by far was the worst imo.
I wasnt arguing on who started it. I already knew. He brought it up as the reason why melee was dropped from mlg the first time....which is wrong. MLG dropped melee and still funded/supported grassroots events for about a year.

I didnt say brawl is the ONLY time in smash history where greed has happened. It IS the only time in smash history where smash was PUNISHED aka dropped.

THAT is my point.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Why would you just come out of nowhere and say that **** when someone simply says they want to go to pound. you have never even been to one have you? so where do you get off on saying that it wont be worth it?

and what sort of legit reasoning would you even possibly have to say this? haha

lame
Man, TOing is srs bsns. 1 nameless entrant got you all worked up like this?
We need to get you guys some chill pills.

This has nothing to do with decreasing Pound's attendance
(or increasing WHOBO's for that matter, because I honestly couldn't give a **** if I tired) so you don't have to come out of nowhere and start going crazy about it.

I would actually like to go a lot, if I would be able to get it off work (considering the fact it's the weekend of my birthday, and I tried using that as motivation to get a plane ticket).

If you really wanna start crying about it though, I'M SORRY I TRIED TO TAKE AWAY ONE OF YOUR ENTRANTS AND NOT COMPLETELY SUPPORT YOUR TOURNAMENT BY HAVING MY OWN OPINION.
Happy now?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Merry Christmas my fellow smash brothers. Been hella busy lately and hope to see you all jan 8/laredo vs houston/1000$/mm/5vs5. Peace out...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Man, TOing is srs bsns. 1 nameless entrant got you all worked up like this?
We need to get you guys some chill pills.

This has nothing to do with decreasing Pound's attendance
(or increasing WHOBO's for that matter, because I honestly couldn't give a **** if I tired) so you don't have to come out of nowhere and start going crazy about it.

I would actually like to go a lot, if I would be able to get it off work (considering the fact it's the weekend of my birthday, and I tried using that as motivation to get a plane ticket).

If you really wanna start crying about it though, I'M SORRY I TRIED TO TAKE AWAY ONE OF YOUR ENTRANTS AND NOT COMPLETELY SUPPORT YOUR TOURNAMENT BY HAVING MY OWN OPINION.
Happy now?
i work really hard so to be discredited for no reason by someone i don't know is hurtful. It's not about the one entrant at all, haha.

I was very frustrated. I can be very confrontational and I actually felt proud of myself for responding maturely! I definitely don't feel like i was "crazy" in my response, if so then my usual is just absolutely psychotic i guess :p

if somebody had even ASKED for your opinion or something I wouldn't even have cared because to each his own.....I just think people should be supporting their region and friends rather than discouraging them to travel because of the quality of the experience (which isnt even accurate!)

But I have no hard feelings or anything, more-or-less i'm curious why you would even think that it wouldn't be worth it ha

DPHAT!!!! itll be good to see you again, hopefully you can make it. I am so entering brawl at this and ****** some people >=D

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I highly recommend going to Pound. I went to the last one. I saw a few "turn-offs" but the experience was still amazing. Watching M2k vs Armada live was worth the trip itself.

Looked at the info for the next one. Airport -> transportation -> hotel/venue is ****. 24 hour venue in the freakin Hyatt. It's a few minutes drive from the airport with shuttles going back and forth. Genesis and Pound4 were both a 45 minute drive from the airport. It sucked. Mere minutes from the airport is amazing.

This is amazing for anyone flying. I'm trying so save up christmas/bday money to go to Pound. It may very well be the most "traveler friendly" national and I don't wanna miss out. Much props to Plank.
Also I just saw this post. Thank you very much for your support, its appreciated! I always love when players actually -read- the first post lol. I got a 10% discount on flights as well, be sure to take advantage of that if you make it!!

Gnes

Smash Master
Also I just saw this post. Thank you very much for your support, its appreciated! I always love when players actually -read- the first post lol. I got a 10% discount on flights as well, be sure to take advantage of that if you make it!!
Dont worry about leaf, idk why he even posted that in the first place...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No more greatness_007...

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
you disgust me. chu left some **** out of his chronicles. some ****ed up ****. ****ing chu

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Merry Christmas Houston. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom