• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I once had a rug. It was a small rug. In 2001 when my mom and I moved, we put the rug outside since we didn't know what to do with it. Then we procrastinated finding space for it so we left it outside.

Then 11 years passed and the rug was still there. And I left it there even after we moved out. I wonder if the people who live there even realize it's a rug now.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w299/KRDsonic/rug001.jpg

(The rug is outlined in this picture, in case you're having trouble seeing it.) http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w299/KRDsonic/rug2.jpg

:059:

Tesh

Smash Hero
can we just stop using this thread now? its nearly impossible to post here

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
hey Bionic man, about a month ago DDoS attacks and the announcement of ssb4 (huge traffic to swf) cause SWF to be buggy for a while, right?. it took a few days or so but the site returned to normal. The only thing that is not fixed (from what i can see) is the Houston thread http://smashboards.com/threads/houston-thread-whobo-5-mk-banned-october-19-20th-2013.142123/

is there anyway you can fix this? its been i think a month and no one can posts without clicking "post" 11 times. The thread has slowed down to a slug crawl. HELP ME PLEASE, MASTER BIONIC!!!

definitely broke... okay let me email the server admin

this is also the type of thing where you could bug me every day until it's fixed XD

He's working on it.

Tesh

Smash Hero
there are alot of things wrong with this site that have never been fixed since the move

i dont think this will be fixed in a timely manner and it just pisses me off when i want to reply to something and then it doesnt go through

Xyro77

there are alot of things wrong with this site that have never been fixed since the move

i dont think this will be fixed in a timely manner and it just pisses me off when i want to reply to something and then it doesnt go through

well you have the same two choices we all have.

1. wait a little longer.

2. keep clicking post reply until it goes through

Xyro77

gotta wait 30 seconds to attempt replying again too...

click post
look at another tab or watch some tv/play games
click post agains
rinse and repeat. the houston thread discussion is so slow you wont be missing any posts anyway

Xyro77

how will we have gif parties like that?

Illmatic banned himself
Trela literally gave up after a few parties
I am the only one left who is willing to party like its 1999

so the "party" only would consist of me. so i might as well wait for SWF to get fixed and pray others will wanna party by the time it comes back up

Tesh

Smash Hero
i dont feel like anything in the avengers required acting, it didnt take itself seriously at all so how can you even measure it

its an action comedy

Xyro77

For those of you that do not know yet, Nintendo's legal team has sent a cease and desist to EVO in regards to streaming melee. if melee is streamed at evo in anyway, nintendo will sue. their track record for winning court cases is astronomically high.

if you want melee to be stream at evo PLEASE do all 3 of the following:

Tweet @NintendoAmerica asking them to allow melee streaming at evo.
Fill out these small forums at http://www.nintendo.com/corp/prcontact.jsp
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform/

Tesh

Smash Hero
For those of you that do not know yet, Nintendo's legal team has sent a cease and desist to EVO in regards to streaming melee. if melee is streamed at evo in anyway, nintendo will sue. their track record for winning court cases is astronomically high.

if you want melee to be stream at evo PLEASE do all 3 of the following:

Tweet @NintendoAmerica asking them to allow melee streaming at evo.
Fill out these small forums at http://www.nintendo.com/corp/prcontact.jsp
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform/

microsoft reverses bad policies in 3 weeks, nintendo does it in 3 hours

this is a nice step forward if nintendo is going to openly allow streaming of major events finally

Xyro77

MS was about to lose the next gen before it even began for them had they not reversed course. Nintendo would literally lose NOTHING had they continued. They only reversed because of the huge amounts of fans/media bashing them. Normally they don't care but this time i guess they decided to throw us a bone. No matter what though, its good for smash/streamer's pockets/evo's pockets AND nintendo.

Tesh

Smash Hero
i dont get why they were so adamant about stopping it in the first place

exposing the game to more people can only help, since none of the games are so bad that seeing it in action would turn people off

Xyro77

i dont get why they were so adamant about stopping it in the first place

exposing the game to more people can only help, since none of the games are so bad that seeing it in action would turn people off
Evo and stream hosts make lots of money off of streams, nintendo wouldnt be getting any of it.
Evo and stream hosts would show melee as a competitive game made by nintendo. nintendo is a family friendly company.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Doesn't Nintendo just take all the money from streamers now anyway?

Xyro77

LMAO you are a wimp.

This game is AUTO better than brawl simply because its faster and there is no tripping (thus allowing dash dancing). Did you really think Olimar was a one time brawl only character? LMAO come on, man. He is here to stay.

1. Main olimar on smash 4

2. dont be dumb like me with mid tier or low tiers. main high/top tier in smash 4.

3. learn the MU. yes its gay but it wont be as gay this time around because you can dash dance away from olimar grabs without fear of tripping.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
In theory at this point, Megaman's uncharged shots could outrange Olimar's grabs. I would be amused if MM ends up countering him.

Tesh

Smash Hero
so far that looks like the only character that will outcamp him, but we dont know how how priority and pikmin hurtboxes will work this time around

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
We don't have enough to know who will outcamp who or what you can do to get around his grabs. For all y'all know, his grabs could have half of (or double) the range they have in Brawl.
If you complain about SSB4 Olimar now, Sakurai's just gonna give him grab armor and laugh at you.

Xyro77

I only watched evo top 8 when it comes to melee.

seeing Wobbles hit top 2 is awesome. i remember him coming to my events back in 2006. so cool to see him wobble people left and right.

i will say brawl IC>melee ICs in terms of gayness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom