• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I know, Illmatic. DLA accused the BBR of the Ganoncide issue and not the BBR-RC.
Made me sadface.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I just guess i don't see how it benefits anything. Like you said, those match ups are hard anyways, so why make it near un-winnable. Just seems like it would discourage attendance and like i said i see no positives to having it.

Ohhhhhh well though, don't get grabbed
Some matchups in the game are HORRIBLE. You shouldn't change that for attendance imo. You would get ALOT more attendance if you turned items on. I know for a fact that if Xyro turned items on at HOBOs, he could probably get alot of random walk-ins to come play for lulz. But should he do that just for attendance?

I have another example from personal experience. How about Yoshi's chaingrab in the Ganondorf matchup? Why is that legal? The matchup is bad enough without it, why add insult to injury and make it near unwinnable? I personally won't enter low tiers again until Yoshi is into mid tier or his chaingrab is banned. Should that be altered to increase attendance?

What about other things that make otherwise winnable matchups into horrible matchups? Lucarios Aura vs Sonic? Can we nerf that too to make the matchup not to close to un winnable? If we want to balance the game, we can't stop at chaingrabs.

sheikamaru

jive
You're going?
indeedi do sir i amity am!
Dude, there is DDR in the arcade at the Funplex. SOMEBODY PLAY LIKE 2 SETS WITH ME!
as long as i still gat some change from the ridiculously high venue fee :D
There's a movie theater in funplex? there's an arcade???
all the smashers don't worry about what else the venue has to offerr
This is awesome.
i'm off on a adventureee

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Yeah, who from here is down to go to the Fort worth tourney?I'd like to go..seems a bit hype with Dojo going again. Leaf, you wanna smoke again?

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
how far is it from houston to fort worth anyways?
iirc when I looked at the map, it was a 5 hour drive from my house in west houston to the venue for that tournament going but there isn't a major road connecting houston and ft worth so i'd assume about that

Yeah, who from here is down to go to the Fort worth tourney?I'd like to go..seems a bit hype with Dojo going again. Leaf, you wanna smoke again?
i definitely wanna smoke again

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yo Ill do you need a partner for hobo 31/ Fort Worth tournament if you do attend?
Me and kosmos had alot of success when we used to team.
I'm teaming with P4 for HOBO 31. I really want to team with you for some tournament though.

I don't think I'm going to Fort Worth because I wanted to attend Ozzfest - I think it's on the same weekend.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm teaming with P4 for HOBO 31. I really want to team with you for some tournament though.

I don't think I'm going to Fort Worth because I wanted to attend Ozzfest - I think it's on the same weekend.
I think its the weekend before ozzfest.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yea, ozzfest is a week after.

Im pretty sure im not going to the forth worth tournament.. but I do need a partner for ozzfest. My trel bel????

BioDG

Smash Ace
SPOILER for new Sonic game:
Chaos Emeralds

I heard Sonic Colors was good, though...?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Colors received a large majority of positive reviews. It averaged about 7-8/10 for the most part.
Sonic 4 averaged more or less the same scores, maybe a little lower.

So really, Sonic's last two outings, not including Sonic Free Riders, have shown an improvement in quality, at least for the gaming magazines and websites.

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
they franchise rly should bring back the chao garden
it was sooo good
ppl who werent even into the franchise played it cuz of that awesome mini game

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's funny because it's all true.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Hahaha. I love Yahtzee's reviews. I used to watch those allllll the time.

And yeah, this is easily one of his best ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom