• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Lucy_ya dawg

Smash Cadet
lol diddy was fine how we was, why nerf him again? whoever said roy isn't a clone is ******** lol.

also im best ryu

also im guessing allan in all his glorious toing skill is going to allow circle camp then wait by the side central suzaku castle at tgc3.

afk backthrowing

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There is one in the Competitive section.

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
i think ryu might have the best neutral in the game. in terms of street fighter tiers, if you had good poking moves, overhead, projectile, movement options, links and an amazing close zone potential, then you were considered high tier. ryu has all of that in smash,where spacing is dominant in higher tiers. I'm not saying he's high tier in this game,but he definitely seems really viable. my prediction would be B, maybe B+ tier.

PRDX

Smash Cadet
NNID
pardxx
Roy feels like a Marth with ****tier range
Edit: I made this post after using him for like 5 minutes and I regret it

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Any buffs or nerfs to characters?
I got a longer zair, longer grab range, less endlag on grab whiff, faster dtilt (which kills setups into true combo uair), longer dair spike frame window and a dthrow usmash/utilt/uair true combo at low to mid percents.

So yes, the Link hoohah begins. Sorry in advance.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Downloaded just the characters and stages. Don't care about the Mii stuff.

Havnt played yet

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I foresee many Ryus at TGC. Time for a secret CP character...

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 Ryu supposedly has a Focus Attack infinite on DK and Charizard. This will be banned, right?

Last edited:

ChaosPandora

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosPandora
3DS FC
4656-8341-5529
I got a longer zair, longer grab range, less endlag on grab whiff, faster dtilt (which kills setups into true combo uair), longer dair spike frame window and a dthrow usmash/utilt/uair true combo at low to mid percents.

So yes, the Link hoohah begins. Sorry in advance.
It is time for the Links to rise up!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It only took 16 years for Link to finally be viable.

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Did some testing and it looks like Dreamland literally has Battlefield's blastzones with the wind effect
Kinda upset about this

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I figured it is about the same.

They probably used the same setup as in Brawl where stage sizes match up what is in stage builder.

Suspect

Smash Hero
strong rumor that Sony is going to have a release date for The Last Guardian this year and a FF7 remake for 2017 (20th anniversary) lol

PRDX

Smash Cadet
NNID
pardxx
Dabuz played Ryu on stream for hours yesterday, says he has potential to beat sheik and be one of the best characters in the game

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edaUuFBxaYQ

https://youtu.be/5FXzYeU1TJA?t=55

https://youtu.be/i2Tswo8Pimg?t=362 (start at 6:00, youtube keeps going to 5:30 when i copy link at a certain timestamp)
DK/charizard one will be banned. It is a semi infinite that guarantees a KO.

Falcon one isn't an infinite or semi infinite and doesn't guarantee a KO. I also believe DI will screw up that tactic.

Sheik doesn't have a chain grab. A chain grab is a grab to throw to grab to throw to grab to throw to grab.....etc.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm glad you decided to ban that FA infinite. That stuff is pretty dumb and will get patched eventually.

Lucy_ya dawg

Smash Cadet
Played ryu from 3 to 7 in the morning with illmatic and booyyyo. Roy can body ryu on and off stage if you aren't on point especially with how fast he is. Ill was everywhere and no where at the same time, but playing him made my recovery skills upgrade beyond comprehension. I foresee ryu kind of getting shield camped by players, but once he's in then your butt is toast. lil mac effect might occur meaning all you pansies who dropped lil mac after OMZG BOUTS TEH MAIN DA MAC!!!...OH WAIT BAD RECOVERY **** DIS CHAR.(razer, avoid, sync). Illmatics roy is ridiculous lol. Literally went from scrub press buttons ryu to do smart things ryu from playing him

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
As glad as I am a remake of FF7 is happening, a remake better not be the high point of E3.

Last edited:
Top Bottom