• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I should warn you that playing friendlies at my house could "burn out the scene".

Its absurd enough that you take credit for Trela, Razer and Gnes being national level players, but you are saying you had a hand in Denti and Espy being nationally known too?

HOBO running for a long time is impressive. Until it got into the 30s and you had one every 3-5 months, a couple of which Sync ran. HOBO was a great series, and you were meeting demand for as long as it was there but people lost interest. Now I'm sure you can somehow blame MK for that, but people were still consistently running events in other regions. Japan had an event with more than 150 people (I think it was over 200) shortly before smash 4 came out. If you say Melee and Project M were "feeding" Brawl numbers, then isn't it selfish and hypocritical that you refuse to ever allow those events near yours? You are claiming it helped with the longevity of the game in other regions. Which you say is a high priority for you.

For the most part, I don't post my opinions here so you will change your events. Though some things I just give helpful feedback on or advice to avoid major problems (like you trying to have people play on Boxing Ring in tournament). Sometimes you DO listen. I don't expect you to add custom moves to your events (and I wouldn't advise you to anyway), but some stuff like 7 minutes, wii fit studio/coliseum needs to be looked into. Pretty much all of your top players AND OoC folks would agree with this.

I feel almost like its necessary to point out the fallacies in your logic about customs moves especially when you are razer might influence people to follow you without knowing the facts. I just don't want newer people in the scene to think you represent all of our views.

Stop downplaying other people's events because they don't follow your rules or match up with your ideals about scheduling tournaments. Stop telling people not to go to weeklies just so you can stroke your ego when your events break 200+.

@Onion You are getting a bit with all this liking stuff. This is such a silly thing you have to ignore someone for. I meant it when I said you were a good poster at the beginning, but now you are absurdly annoying and I don't like having to sift through 15+ notifications from you anytime I come to this site. I've never blocked anyone on Smashboards, are you really going to make me do that? I post alot in this thread, can you at least knock it down to 25-50% of my posts being liked?

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 You should run custom weeklies to burn out the custom scene. I hear Dallas is so sick of customs that they moved shockwave to Wednesdays.

@ UltimateRazer UltimateRazer FIGHT ME WITH CUSTOMS!

Last edited:

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
I like 7 minutes for completely biased reasons. It should be 8 minutes for 3 stock

Teshie U

Smash Lord
BC, in the event of my death I will need you to continue arguing with Razer about customs.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Why haven't you bought premium with your filthy esports money to change your name?

GoldMegaman

Smash Cadet
me and my friends have been going to a few tournaments and noticed gameguys is a scam and we will never support them. i will tell everyone i know to not go there. im going to also let as many smash 4 players know DO NOT go to there tournaments in the future and dont support there upcoming tournament kegger 2. they lied to everyone last year and they keep continuing to lie. somebody has to take a stand for this scam and we are. the owner is a scum bag that does not care about the players and has been scamming players for way to long. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. SHARE THIS AND SPREAD THE WORD.

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
So what did Gameguys do exactly? Not sure who Austin is either. Maybe I'm missing something. Is it because he had to pay venue?

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
I should warn you that playing friendlies at my house could "burn out the scene".

Its absurd enough that you take credit for Trela, Razer and Gnes being national level players, but you are saying you had a hand in Denti and Espy being nationally known too?

HOBO running for a long time is impressive. Until it got into the 30s and you had one every 3-5 months, a couple of which Sync ran. HOBO was a great series, and you were meeting demand for as long as it was there but people lost interest. Now I'm sure you can somehow blame MK for that, but people were still consistently running events in other regions. Japan had an event with more than 150 people (I think it was over 200) shortly before smash 4 came out. If you say Melee and Project M were "feeding" Brawl numbers, then isn't it selfish and hypocritical that you refuse to ever allow those events near yours? You are claiming it helped with the longevity of the game in other regions. Which you say is a high priority for you.

For the most part, I don't post my opinions here so you will change your events. Though some things I just give helpful feedback on or advice to avoid major problems (like you trying to have people play on Boxing Ring in tournament). Sometimes you DO listen. I don't expect you to add custom moves to your events (and I wouldn't advise you to anyway), but some stuff like 7 minutes, wii fit studio/coliseum needs to be looked into. Pretty much all of your top players AND OoC folks would agree with this.

I feel almost like its necessary to point out the fallacies in your logic about customs moves especially when you are razer might influence people to follow you without knowing the facts. I just don't want newer people in the scene to think you represent all of our views.

Stop downplaying other people's events because they don't follow your rules or match up with your ideals about scheduling tournaments. Stop telling people not to go to weeklies just so you can stroke your ego when your events break 200+.

@Onion You are getting a bit with all this liking stuff. This is such a silly thing you have to ignore someone for. I meant it when I said you were a good poster at the beginning, but now you are absurdly annoying and I don't like having to sift through 15+ notifications from you anytime I come to this site. I've never blocked anyone on Smashboards, are you really going to make me do that? I post alot in this thread, can you at least knock it down to 25-50% of my posts being liked?

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 You should run custom weeklies to burn out the custom scene. I hear Dallas is so sick of customs that they moved shockwave to Wednesdays.

@ UltimateRazer UltimateRazer FIGHT ME WITH CUSTOMS!
Lol. Sorry for all of the notifications, everyone, but if you really want to stop seeing my likes, then just ignore me.
If you don't want to do that, then like this post and I will stop liking everything. I promise. If I don't, then the old man can ban me from all of his events or something.

GoldMegaman

Smash Cadet
So what did Gameguys do exactly? Not sure who Austin is either. Maybe I'm missing something. Is it because he had to pay venue?
Yeah, I didn't really get part about how they scam?
last year they said they was going to use the iram's hall next door and decided to charge $35 but then the day of the event they use there venue instead and put up tents outside. see something wrong there. they lied. people pay $5 venue at there venue but then they lie and say there going to get the venue next door to charge more venue fee when they wasnt going to in the 1st place. this makes it a scam because you have to lie to people to get your money and its not cool.

there also charging $30 for smash 4 players at kegger 2 and doing everything on sunday but the melee players get charged the same $30 and they get to play for 2 days instead of one. see something wrong there. why do us smash 4 players get to be charged $30 for 1 day which is sunday but the melee players get to be charged $30 for 2 days. another scam that gameguys is doing to the smash 4 community. i hate this.

Last edited:

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
austin weidman's tight. one of the nicest ppl i've ever met. did some PM/smash4 TOing i suppose? and he's helping working on that smashpad app. as for gameguys, the last i've heard of them they were doing some disrespectful stuff with the FGC but that was like 2 years ago.

i know houston doesn't generally like 2 stock, but anyone going to aftershock? was cool chilling with BC and Krebs when they came to san marcos

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I've only been there once, but I only felt cheated when I had to play BC in bracket.

Sounds like your friend agreed to something stupid then got mad about it being stupid.

I hear bloodborne is VERY difficult.

GoldMegaman

Smash Cadet
you sound like a crybaby equal opportunity feminist
you sound like you was dropped on your head as a child. your not in houston and dont know whats going on so why are you here troll?

austin weidman's tight. one of the nicest ppl i've ever met. did some PM/smash4 TOing i suppose? and he's helping working on that smashpad app. as for gameguys, the last i've heard of them they were doing some disrespectful stuff with the FGC but that was like 2 years ago.

i know houston doesn't generally like 2 stock, but anyone going to aftershock? was cool chilling with BC and Krebs when they came to san marcos
gameguys has a bad rep with the fgc from not paying the dallas soul caliber players and down talking insomnia. i lost all respect when they started to run tournaments the same day as insomnia out of spite to try and split the community up. that was the last draw for me and my friends. we support the scene anyway we can but not gameguys cause all they want to do is split the scene up. the words that they said to insomnia was out of line. everyone needs to know what kind of business this is and to not support it.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Yea me too, it occurs to be now that I generally ignore children in real life anyway.

Top Bottom