• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post the menu prices well BEFORE the tournament. The prices on the food and snacks were outrageous at TGC 1

Also, Allan: I recommend running pools for TGC 2. You know you'll have the entrants. Just organize and get it done. Can be better than one giant bracket and people will complain less as for them waiting so long. I don't mind volunteering to help run them and such. Pool captain is free.

And if we stick with the schedule, we can start singles on time and have the food break to avoid kidney prices gushers.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Psst, I'll sell you a US Villager for a lung.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
We announce upsets and openly mock our top players anyway. But I don't see how reporting matches from across the venue is effiecient.

Using lots of noise to inform 400 people is smart, using lots of noise to inform like 5 people is dumb.

Explain how wireless controllers work to the entire group of people and then enforce punishments. DQ, removal from venue etc. I caught some people with wireless controllers but I'm about to go explain that to every single person I catch. Thats something a TO should do. And you can easily do it when the tournament starts. Also have an extra Wii U at the TO station for this.

When I heard we were getting custom cooked food, I was willing to fork over some extra money to have food on site, but price gouging for candy is stupid. I'm definitely going to eat at panda express and carl's jr.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Read the rules to the TGC thread. MUCH has changed and I've covered all of the things mentioned.

No texting will be done to report matches. That is laziness. Walk up to me and tell me.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls25dqwrWnM

Effing historic footage dude. People are SO spoiled nowadays. THIS was how matches were recorded along with waiting a week+ for videos.

I really miss Snake after watching this. He was so sick. Although, F tripping.

Edit: Holy fish.....I was FOURTEEN in this video. I'm turning 21 in a little over a month. Smash has been such a surreal way to see myself grow up. It's awesome.

Last edited:

Xyro77

*Remembers uploading smash videos from a VHS+VCR to a video service that was around before youtube existed*

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls25dqwrWnM

Effing historic footage dude. People are SO spoiled nowadays. THIS was how matches were recorded along with waiting a week+ for videos.

I really miss Snake after watching this. He was so sick. Although, F tripping.

Edit: Holy fish.....I was FOURTEEN in this video. I'm turning 21 in a little over a month. Smash has been such a surreal way to see myself grow up. It's awesome.
1/3 of your life has been dedicated to Smash. You are a NERD.

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
Me and my graphics team are working on the TGC Store Club logo and once thats done we will be working on the website for the store. I have 4 designers working on TGC stuff and will get another designer to start working on the menu. I go sign contracts with the venue for the menu items next week so once I get all the new items they want to add to the menu and prices ill be posting the menu. As far as the TGC Letterman jackets they will be featured in the store/club but will be limited edition. What sizes do you guys wear so I know what to get? Those jackets are hard to come by because there not in season so it will be super limited.
xl if possible, lrg if not

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Also, I need a vote. Who wants me to continue to like every post on the previous Houston Thread? Like this post if you want me to and reply to this post if you don't.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
"Ignore that post if you are a nerd."
._______________________v
| x I don't want to see this.
| See fewer posts like this.

#ignoringfacebookposts

Xyro77

Onion, you are going to get to the point to where no one in this thread will acknowledge you. You liking every post, bringing attention to things that happens while you were 4 years old and then bringing attention to yourself isn't going to get you anywhere.

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Aw. You're no fun... Grumpy old poop...
Fine. I won't like everything in the previous Houston Thread.

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
But I will still keep my promise to give everyone who likes the HOBO 12 results thread $5. You will never be able to escape the nightmare of HOBO 12, old man! Mwahahaha! Please don't ban me...

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Tesh KJ and I are coming over today and Knife is picking us up tomorrow
Knife said he wants to know who else from Sync's is going so I want to know if you're going

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Onion, you are going to get to the point to where no one in this thread will acknowledge you. You liking every post, bringing attention to things that happens while you were 4 years old and then bringing attention to yourself isn't going to get you anywhere.
If you put Onion on your ignore list, you can't see his likes anymore.

Top Bottom