• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Check it out fam. SFC 1 is THIS SATURDAY.

(Because I kept getting asked to, and saw how easy it was to do in San Marcos)
I just added an Amiibo tournament

Also, I am introducing a little 4 bracket method for running the singles bracket. I'd like to do pools at future events, but this will definitely suffice for now, and will result in the singles bracket getting knocked out quickly.

Description of how it works and more can be found in the event page here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-...h-fight-club-1v1-2v2-and-crew-battles.393292/

Hope to see ya there! I'm not entering singles or dubs, but whenever things are chill expect me in MMs and the Cypress vs Katy Crew battle!

Katy gon' get wrecked son :4villager::4littlemac::4shulk:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Anybody from Syncs going this weekend? I'm looking for a ride

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Played against Razer's custom DK online
I died at 9 from the up b
I have seen the light

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Don't you guys know? Hyper Monado Power Vision Shulk is the future.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Maybe, I'd still weight the time we played for like 50+ matches. You provided me with alot of practice with how to deal with the move in alot of ways. Far more options than I expected.

In any case, I implore you to go to Dallas and show them how unstoppable it is. After you've lost to aerolink again, you'll see DK is still far worse than diddy kong, falcon and fox.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Definitely will not go to custom events. They're fun but unfit for competitive play imo.

Tesh, your only option is literally shield lmao. That's it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You know, I am really sad Diddy doesn't have a custom that gives him two bananas or like a banana bunch that breaks on contact and scatters banana peels in a small area.

Would be fun to see.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Tesh, can you link me to the thread that breaks down grabs?
I'm not sure what you are talking about. Was it the thread I mentioned with all the grab frame data?

Definitely will not go to custom events. They're fun but unfit for competitive play imo.

Tesh, your only option is literally shield lmao. That's it.
The same could be said for any move with super armor, or a large hitbox. Shield and then punish. Or just grab it.
@ Teshie U Teshie U I'll give you 5$ if you do this to Megafox
https://youtu.be/4OOg800v_qk?t=3m4s
You want me to read him? Impossible

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
To be honest. That's the WAYYYYYYYYYYYY shortened version. It misses 3 major components:

• Waking up on the morning of the tournament realizing that some of the classes I dropped from Engineering could potentially not drop and put me at a horrible position my first semester at UH.
  • Defeated The 3 Texas Brawl gods at that tournament. (Hylian, Sethlon, RoyR)
  • Lost to Lee Martin 3-0 in Winners Finals. I recall he said I wasn't hard, beat him 3-2 in 1st set of Grand Finals, then with the momentum and crowd by my side won 3-1 in the second set. I believe he went Snake on one of the matches and went on a rampage.
Side Note - Matches were never recorded so the hypeness was never shared to the world.
Side Note 2 - That's when I started becoming a top player in the Houston Brawl scene for that era.
Side Note 3 - Gnes vs Razer // Japes // Falco vs Snake.. That patience.

Now let's put this monster back to rest for now.

Xyro - Don't kill me when I post this. This is the last I will speak of it!

Edit: Onion with the power of 69% battery life lol.

The thing I remember most about this tournament was sitting on a couch with Sethlon, Roy R, and Lee Martin playing friendlies before the tournament started, and there was a crowd of like 30 people just watching us play friendlies lmao. Also the multiperson RPS for money at the end of the tournament was insanely fun.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
For some ******** reasons, get up attacks from the edge have a huge hitbox behind the character that can stagespike This applies to pretty much everyone. Not sure for why, but...there you go.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
think it's a combination of ledge attacks being dumb + ledgesnap vulnerability

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This happened in brawl a bit too.
It wasn't nearly as bad in Brawl. I've actually managed to KILL people with the getup attack with Lucario when they were behind me. Think about that for a moment. You should not be punished for correctly guessing and trying to punish how they will recover back onto the stage, especially when there is a hitbox on a part of the animation that makes no sense.

It seems to be intentional by design, which is really stupid since there should be no coverage behind a person so that they are open to punishes from good reads. But it's whatever, at least everyone gets it, I think.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I've died in tourny to get-up attack stage spikes in single digits. Stage spikes are ridiculous in this game, at any percent, compounded with rage.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace

Countdown to (TGC) Texas Gaming Championships 2 begins now! 5 weeks from now is when the 2nd Texas Gaming Championships event will go down on Apr 25. TGC 1 had 400 people in attendance with players traveling from out of state and every major city in Texas. RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/events/1601497233398853 and get your tickets at http://www.tgcseries.com/TGC2 before tickets are sold out. Share this event with your friends and I have a few announcements I will be making soon so stay tuned!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I should probably help crackdown on people not following venue rules since I probably won't enter anything.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Those TGC jackets available yet?
yo jackets?!?!? sign me up for one
Me and my graphics team are working on the TGC Store Club logo and once thats done we will be working on the website for the store. I have 4 designers working on TGC stuff and will get another designer to start working on the menu. I go sign contracts with the venue for the menu items next week so once I get all the new items they want to add to the menu and prices ill be posting the menu. As far as the TGC Letterman jackets they will be featured in the store/club but will be limited edition. What sizes do you guys wear so I know what to get? Those jackets are hard to come by because there not in season so it will be super limited.

I should probably help crackdown on people not following venue rules since I probably won't enter anything.
This would be real good. You could probably help when a match is done, you could report it. You can even take it a step further and maybe text xyro when matches are done so the tournament goes by quickly or get a megaphone and tell him who won. I had my security at the door text me when somebody didnt have on a wristband on and needed one and it worked out wonderful. Just an idea to help speed things up so everyone can enjoy the experience.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Or he could hound all those wireless controller using players who don't desync their controllers. If Smash United was any indication, a pretty good number of players (30%) use some kind of wireless controller. Though they were pretty good about desyncing when possible. I would probably be one of them if the Wiimote + Nunchuck didn't drop inputs (for example I would release my charging arrow when I don't want to).

I'm not sure yelling into a megaphone is a good idea to report matches. Its kinda embarrassing (especially if its an upset) tbh and you don't get confirmation back that it was entered in the bracket.

Amiibo tourney is seriously hype, I'm glad its happening at SFC. Austin knows how to do those very well.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would love the authority to arbitrarily punish people.

Or be like a floor judge.

I think there is an app that makes your phone act like a walkie-talkie. If not, I should go get a pair or something. Would help keep track of open TVs/report problems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom