• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Question: What exactly does Ganondorf have over have Captain Falcon? Sure his kill power is a bit (I repeat a bit) stronger, but his moves are much laggier. His mobility is also 1/4th of Captain Falcon's. Ganon's tilts are better (except Up-tilt), but every thing else Falcon has over him. Falcon doesn't even have that hard of a time killing anyway.

Just disappointed Sakurai ****ed Hyrule again. At least the gap between TL and Link in this game is more reasonable (both are arguably in the same area tier wise). Don't get me started on Zelda either.

<rant

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Kill power means nothing if it's so choreographed and slow. GANON is still bottom 3 in the game.

Xyro77

My friend just found out that the gold mario Amiibo is a WALMART exclusive. LOLOLOLOLOLOL he is pissed.

Does anyone know where the silver one will show up? He needs that one too.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It'll be hell getting the gold Mario one for people who care.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That is a whole different layer of abyss.

I just want the Smash ones. I don't really care about the Mario Party ones.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Anything happening at Syncs today? Tired of playing against people rolling across fd repeatedly to approach me #4glory

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
EVO 2015 Rules if you're wondering.

Super Smash Bros for WiiU
  • Game version: US Nintendo WiiU
  • Game Settings: 2 Stock, 5 Minute Time Limit, 2/3 Games
  • Starter stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville
  • Counter-pick stages: Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Town & City
  • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
  • You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Question: What exactly does Ganondorf have over have Captain Falcon? Sure his kill power is a bit (I repeat a bit) stronger, but his moves are much laggier. His mobility is also 1/4th of Captain Falcon's. Ganon's tilts are better (except Up-tilt), but every thing else Falcon has over him. Falcon doesn't even have that hard of a time killing anyway.

Just disappointed Sakurai ****ed Hyrule again. At least the gap between TL and Link in this game is more reasonable (both are arguably in the same area tier wise). Don't get me started on Zelda either.

<rant
Captain Falcon is just so absurdly safe this time around that I don't think Ganondorf has much. Though this is more the fact that Falcon is amazing, not that Ganondorf is just terrible. Dorf does amazing shield damage and safety on some of his moveset. His frame data in the air is similar to Falcon's despite having far more massive hitboxes. This makes him nearly impossible to challenge offstage and makes his gimp game stronger than Falcon's.
Kill power means nothing if it's so choreographed and slow. GANON is still bottom 3 in the game.
Bold claim, I think viability is so deeply tied to mobility this time that finding the "worst" characters will be tough. Ganondorf kind of has to slowly corner characters, but he does have a few benefits here and there.
Anything happening at Syncs today? Tired of playing against people rolling across fd repeatedly to approach me #4glory
This is exactly why for glory is dumb. I roll across a variety of stages to approach.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I want more Rathian plates. Not need, just want.

Flip, I'd be down to hunt more Gore tonight if you need more Feelers. Dem Feels.

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I'm down to possibly play tonight. I might be free after 9 though..

I was thinking of going charge blade.. they look fun.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Yeah good luck with that gold mario amiibo lol. Although I do have an aunt who works there. I could get a hook up ;)

RT is right though. You will die if you try to collect ALL amiibo. Just the smash ones for me. I don't like how the others look.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm down to possibly play tonight. I might be free after 9 though..

I was thinking of going charge blade.. they look fun.
Going for the OP weapons eh? I don't blame you, I honestly want to learn charge blade at some point. I need to hop back on GS as well. Want to be a good GS charge, not one of those silly people that flail with it.

Last edited:

o̧çto̧

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, first time posting here. I like how active this thread is though. Anyone wanting to play some melee or PM? I'm trying to get better at the game but I don't have anyone really challenging to play with.

edit: I'm pretty bad lol

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm running Insect Glaive
Just be warned that early-game IG is not easy because you have to dedicate a lot of resources for it. But if you go golden often and get a lot of successful mounts, you will be credit to team

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wait Charge Blade is OP?
Yeah, it wasn't very good in MH4, so Capcom (being the masters of bad game balance that they are) overbuffed them to become the best weapon in the game. You can find plenty of vids of why it's OP. So, expect to see a lot of people use it online until the hype dies down.
RT I didn't understand those sentences lool.
Insect Glaive is probably not a good starting weapon if you're bad at resource management or a newbie. Hammer is probably the best if you are new to the series, it is best early game weapon since no tails to cut, and you'll be forced to learn when to strike and read monster tells. But hey, play however you like. Just don't excessively cart.

Last edited:

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Hey guys, first time posting here. I like how active this thread is though. Anyone wanting to play some melee or PM? I'm trying to get better at the game but I don't have anyone really challenging to play with.

Xyro loves PM. I bet he'll play some rounds with you

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Literally checked everywhere I could think of for a New 3DS and was met with the same fate
Guess I'll wait for the eventual restocking

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The Sugar Land TRU had two black New 3DS XLs yesterday evening. You didn't check hard enough. If they are still there when I go back today, I will label you as a liar forever in my book.

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Xyro loves PM. I bet he'll play some rounds with you
LOL! I'll just leave this here:

Lol. What's so bad about PM anyway? Why do you hate it so much?
Imagine playing Pichu/GW/Mewtwo in melee or Ivysaur/Ganon/Wolf in Brawl. These characters suck, right? So instead of sitting down and creating ways to get good with them or ways to reduce how bad they are perceived, you look for another option.......a lazy option. Instead of accepting that these characters suck and pushing forward/striving to be the best with that character and giving hope to fellow low tier mains, you look for another option.....a easy option. You end up choosing P(oisoned) M(elee). A garbage mod (not a game) made for babies by babies who cannot handle Brawl and Melee.

Little crybaby with poop in his diaper who lacks skill/dedication: "Mr President, Ivysaur sux and my mommy doesn't love me"
Obama: "LETS MOD IT"
*ivyusaur magically becomes much better in PM*

Low IQ new gen nerd who cant handle REAL games like Melee and Brawl: "Why is it that every time i go to McDs, ICs chain grab me?"
Steve Jobs: "LETS FUKCIN' MOD IT!!!!!"
*Magically ICs receive massive nerf in PM*

Melee Mewtwo fanboy who touches himself to naked mewtwo pics at 2am: "Why in the WORLD would Sakurommy put mewtwo in melee and have him be so bad?!?!!?!?!?!? Hes the most powerful pokeman!!!"
Mewtwo: "MOD ME, MISS HOTTIE"
*magically mewtow is one of the best in PM*

Creators of PM at the beginning of PMs life span: "This mod will not be the next Melee. It will be its own thing."
*looks at title of mod......"project MELEE"*
*jumps, holds diagonal direction and presses airdodge......wavedashes like MELEE*
*does aerial towards ground and presses L or R.......L-cancels like MELEE*
*See fox/falco and other characters have identical moveset to........MELEE*

Project Trash stands for laziness, entitlement and thus shuns hard work and commitment. Why work when you can mod? That should be the slogan on PM. Anyways, the elitism shown by its TOs and players is toxic (god i am sick of this accurate word) and the continual support for this game has help ruin brawl and soon smash 4 (when the smash 4 version on PM comes out). Besides all of that, Nintendo has literally asked Apex and other events (i assume CEO) to drop PM from their line-up if they want support because the game is causing cancerous growths on all who see/hear/smell/eat it.

Last edited:

o̧çto̧

Smash Rookie
LOL! I'll just leave this here:
haha, I see his points but honestly I much prefer melee, and PM is just a change of pace, new characters, etc. It's fun, despite its flaws. I probably won't be playing PM much once I get around to buying a wii u and smash 4 but I'll always be playing melee.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319

join the houston melee and houston pm facebook pages. best places to connect with the scene

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Yeah don't be turned away by that post. PM/melee's alright, just I think most ppl active here play Smash 4 right now.

Edit: Yeah what alex said

Last edited:

o̧çto̧

Smash Rookie
Yeah don't be turned away by that post. PM/melee's alright, just I think most ppl active here play Smash 4 right now.

Edit: Yeah what alex said
Wouldn't mind playing smash 4. Just would not be able to do it at my place since I don't have the setup. I'm always down for some smash though

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
ok I just realized it's been like 2 weeks since I logged in and I'm only logging on cuz I remembered that you guys actually play monster hunter, so lemme know when that **** goes down if you have room.

add me on skype at Zanoshiran if there's a group for monster hunter or a call

Xyro77

we do not play 14 year old games or terrible mods. we play smash 4.

Top Bottom