• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You must have selective hearing when it comes to Samus. I never said Mii Gunner was a better Samus. You're like Slush whenever someone mentions Yoshi - instantly triggered.
I dislike when people who know nothing about Samus or character XYZ spout out false info about the character as if it was law.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Awwwwwwwww dude, this is horrible...

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
please bring set ups for this weekend. also commentary is hit and miss, sometimes you get really great stuff, sometimes you get average stuff and then you get really terrible commentary at times. if you dont like the commentary mute the vod or commentate yourself and set an example. For this weekend, i will only allow players that i know will be informative and entertaining. would love some volunteers up front so i wont be shouting last minute.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Every time a new Marvel movie lauches in theaters, i offer up a "movie night" with close friends and the Smash community. AntMan is coming out in 9 days. If you would like to join me and several others (last time, for Avengers 2, we had almost 18 people) at the midnight launch of AntMan, please do the following:

1. Go here: http://www.fandango.com/amcgulfpointe30_aaepa/theaterpage?mid=160348&date=7/16/2015

2: Buy the 7/16/2015 12:01am (technically 7/17/2015) ticket. Make sure it is the STANDARD movie, not imax or 3d version. Pleas dont wait to buy them because they will be sold out.

3. Arrive around 10pm or 10:30pm (yes, its early) because there is ALWAYS a long line waiting to get into to the theater room. Every Marvel movie has mega lines at launch. Lines bigger than TGC lines lololol.

4. Bring Smash 3ds or Monster Hunter 4 so that we all can fight each other while waiting. If enough people go maybe we could have a movie theater smash tournament?

5. Ill remind you guys girls about all of this one more time next week. Please dont wait. Buy now. if you have any questions, please ask ME or post here/tag me.

6. Congrats to Julien Fernandez (JewMuffin) on winning a free "Date Night with Xyro." Your comment aimed at me expanded my Zair, made me feel all warm and fluffy inside and it felt like you MEANT IT. I bought your ticket and will buy you popcorn+drink. Can we drink from the same straw and feed each other popcorn? OH LAWDY THIS IS GONNA BE HOT!

edit: Julien, if you cant go, let me know asap and ill do a date night with the runner up.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I somehow doubt Antman of all things will sell out.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
You should talk with Denti more about the Yoshi. He thinks Yoshi is good and you know... he actually WINS with the character.

SnorlaxPie500

Smash Journeyman
I always thought people were lying or being a diva when they talk about having to mute because of commentary. I now understand their pain and had to do the same when I tuned in to a Houston stream last week. I forgot who was commentating but it was baaaaaad. I know I'm mediocre at it, but this person was just turrrrible.

p.s. I'm moving to Houston 8/10/15.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Houston is just good about calling out people when it's appropriate about anything. When we say the commentary is good or bad, we're not kidding.

Last edited:

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I should be at san japan, and I'm sure it'll be hard for me to say no to dancing with otaku girls

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Just learned from a podcast that DareDevil season 2 will have the Punisher in it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Who all is going to San Japan? I need a ride...if not, I guess I'll drive myself...all alone...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You should talk with Denti more about the Yoshi. He thinks Yoshi is good and you know... he actually WINS with the character.
No he doesn't. Please tell me the wins he has, otherwise I see him use Yoshi in most vids, lose, and switch to Sheik/diddy.
From what I read that I didn't even know about TGC3. He tried to time out Megafox instead of fight with Yoshi and he still lost solidly.

Funny enough we just kinda finished talking about how people say to stay away from Smashboards/Yoshi boards in favor of going to fb twitter or reddit instead.
http://smashboards.com/threads/typeasaurus-nest-yoshi-social.352003/page-47#post-19585460
http://smashboards.com/threads/typeasaurus-nest-yoshi-social.352003/page-48#post-19592065

Last edited:

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
No he doesn't. Please tell me the wins he has, otherwise I see him use Yoshi in most vids, lose, and switch to Sheik/diddy.
From what I read that I didn't even know about TGC3. He tried to time out Megafox instead of fight with Yoshi and he still lost solidly.

Funny enough we just kinda finished talking about how people say to stay away from Smashboards/Yoshi boards in favor of going to fb twitter or reddit instead.
http://smashboards.com/threads/typeasaurus-nest-yoshi-social.352003/page-47#post-19585460
http://smashboards.com/threads/typeasaurus-nest-yoshi-social.352003/page-48#post-19592065
He has beaten jbandrew with Yoshi.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Otaku girls at a rave?
Maybe I can find a Madoka cosplayer...
@ kj22 kj22 I can team with you if you don't mind
I use Roy in dubz primarily
Completely understand if you'd prefer someone better though

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Cons is where you can find any type of grill.
Maybe if you're lucky, some will be gushing over the now dead Attack on titan still and be walking around naked :^)

Suspect

Smash Hero
I'm ordering this shirt that says "anime in the streets, hentai in the sheets"

:)

Jerm, need housing?

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Otaku girls at a rave?
Maybe I can find a Madoka cosplayer...
@ kj22 kj22 I can team with you if you don't mind
I use Roy in dubz primarily
Completely understand if you'd prefer someone better though
perhaps. still trying to see if anybody from SA is even going

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*ask for teams*

*says maybe when someone offers*

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yoshi sucks, MAIN SHEIK.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This is the worst discussion ever. There are no prizes here. Just sadness.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Didn't Trela go mewtwo against him? Yoshi literally poops on Mewtwo so hard it's not even funny.
Trela got revenge at TGC 3 anyways.
Everyone poops on Mewtwo. He is a massive target with slow moves and super low weight. Didn't stop like....everyone else except Grim, Avoid and Megafox from losing to him.

Only way to solve this is to see if Ztoast can beat Denti in a Yoshi Ditto.

Last edited:
Top Bottom