• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Remember, Nintendo is trying to keep most of the multiplayer gaming at home. The only console maker trying to keep gamers together instead of in the basement alone.

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
@ Whispy Whispy question
Why did you pick up Jigglypuff
I thought I was the only person who used Jigglypuff half seriously here
He was one of the characters i had pre patched actually lol. you can ask fliphop, i even used it against him one time at a smash united tournament. he bodied it though so i wasnt to happy about my jiggs. i saw him more as a "for fun character". At the insomnia tournament when i was facing karna, i was debating since the beginning to either go Rob/Mario/Jigglypuff on him, and of course, it took me until game 3 to finally commit to it. i have some various funny setups that people occasionally fall into but ill try to find smarter ways though. xD i will actually put more effort into it and watch my matches with jiggs now since alot of people messaged me and apparently want to see more of my JigglyPuff.
@ Whispy Whispy Considering we fought twice in the same weekend, I now have a goal to beat you. I think it's doable for me now, so give me about 5 years to git gud then I'll win.
I saw alot of things you could of easily done to beat me lol. you have a really strong DK. theres alot of setups where you can shield break 70% of the times haha. i might MM DK ditto you in the future so be ready O:

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Maybe when I can get a job lol
I literally can barely manage to go to tournaments right now
It's all my father's generosity for right now

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Remember, Nintendo is trying to keep most of the multiplayer gaming at home. The only console maker trying to keep gamers together instead of in the basement alone.
I thought Splatoon didn't have split screen though, its only 1 vs 1 local multiplayer. One player on the gamepad and another on the TV.

Seeing as you can only do more than 2 player online, I would say this statement doesn't apply to Splatoon.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Yea, when you force integration of a controller we can only use one of, online multiplayer is all there is going to be.

Xyro77

I thought Splatoon didn't have split screen though, its only 1 vs 1 local multiplayer. One player on the gamepad and another on the TV.

Seeing as you can only do more than 2 player online, I would say this statement doesn't apply to Splatoon.
1 game doesn't counter any argument whatsoever. Look at Nintendo's history,

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Shoutout to Whispy for doing work recently. Good **** boy.

Is there a cutoff date to register for Texas Showdown? Or can we pay at venue? Comic Palooza happens to be the same weekend as my wedding so def not going to that.

Rockets vs. Clippers tonight yoooo. This gonna be a fun series. Curry had a well-deserved MVP but mad cause Harden was right up there with him. He about to pull an Olajuwon vs. Robinson though. Robinson got MVP and Hakeem DESTROYED him. I love playoffs.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193

Although if that's a serious question for one of your bigger tourneys, probably not a good idea IMO. Onion level kids would be forever tainted.

EDIT: I'd probably go though

Last edited:

Xyro77

Full results for Insomnia 4 are up!
http://smashboards.com/threads/insomnia-4-houston-tx-64-entrants.401591/

Please help me fill in and/or correct character usage and go claim your ranking points. I need these results to be as accurate as possible. Please dont wait for others to tell me who they used. Speak for them only if you KNOW 100% sure who they used.

edit: OP is updated with TGC 2 and Insomnia 4.

Last edited:

Xyro77

If anyone wants to claim points for

S@DD 1 (counts for HTL 5)
3/14/2015
29 entrants (wiiu)
http://smashboards.com/threads/s-dd-1-3-14-3015-league-city-tx-mii-swordsman-cant-be-stopped.394946/

or

The Road to TGC 2 (counts for HTL3)
12/6/2014
131 entrants (wiiu)
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-entrants-a-new-champion-has-appeared.381295/

Go claim them by clicking the links i just provided. i am slowly working on adding all the WiiU events on the OP to the SWF rankings system. Its gonna take a while but it will get done.

Xyro77

Phase One
Phase Two
Phase Three

frcShoryuken

Smash Cadet
$60 if you get there Friday, $70 on Saturday. Not sure if that applies to Smash tho. Didn't they set up special rates for the ppl just playing Smash?

frcShoryuken

Smash Cadet
Due to Avengers 2, a shirt producing company is enjoying a 10,000% increase in sales www.businessinsider.com/avengers-age-of-ultron-bruce-lee-djing-shirt-sales-2015-5

Avengers 1 had the same result in the shwarma industry www.esquire.com/food-drink/food/a13972/avengers-boosts-shawarma-sales-8707403/

#The_RDJ_Effect
#Avengers>TDK
I used to live across the street from Shawarma King near Richmond and Hillcroft. Avengers convinced me to try it. That **** is so good

Zori

Smash Champion
For those who follow ultimate marvel me and gnes are entering our first marvel tourney at texas showdown!

Some notable people in our pools are

Me:

Terry Bogard (Best in Texas)
Noel Brown (Solid West coast player/pop off master)

Gnes:

Flux (Top 3 on the east coast)
AJ Tucker (Top 10 in texas)

Hopefully we can cross over to another game and break top 16/8 :}

Last edited:

Xyro77

"They put the building in the middle of the city so that everyone could be equally close to God. I like that, the symmetry, the geometry of belief.”

frcShoryuken

Smash Cadet
For those who follow ultimate marvel me and gnes are entering our first marvel tourney at texas showdown!

Some notable people in our pools are

Me:

Terry Bogard (Best in Texas)
Noel Brown (Solid West coast player/pop off master)

Gnes:

Flux (Top 3 on the east coast)
AJ Tucker (Top 10 in texas)

Hopefully we can cross over to another game and break top 16/8 :}
Best of luck. My buddy Andrew (Andjita) is in Gnes's pool. What team do you guys play? I used to play Zero/Dormammu/Vergil back in the day

Zori

Smash Champion
I play spencer dr.doom and shuma

And nova spencer strange (team nemo)

Gnes plays 'insert point' Dante doom

He also has a solid dorm that he can throw in the mix

Edit: now that I think about it he plays half the cast I honestly don't know who he will use. Me on the other hand is too much of a character loyalist

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I play spencer dr.doom and shuma

And nova spencer strange (team nemo)

Gnes plays 'insert point' Dante doom

He also has a solid dorm that he can throw in the mix

Edit: now that I think about it he plays half the cast I honestly don't know who he will use. Me on the other hand is too much of a character loyalist
#shotsfired

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
I'm heavily considering it since I don't have any other plans Saturday. As much as I would like to go to WINGS again, I don't think much of/or any of houston is going to that this weekend.

Top Bottom