• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
BC played well yesterday and earned the win. I know what to fix/work on so I'll do better next time.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Dakpo+Denti vs Zero/Dabuz Doubles GF...I enjoy watching dakpo's luigi

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Tesh didn't you lose to BC :I
Are you talking about how he beat me with Diddy Kong because how badly I trivialized his Villager camping? Yes he did beat me.

@razer, I didnt see zero in dubs today im at work, but i know what you are talking about. Its a glitch and they are just trolling a team they already beat like 9-0 in the past week already.

Its actually LESS broken than gnw+pika and that was banned. I have no idea why they didnt bad that obvious glitch but in the end it requires you to go olimar (bad character) + relfect (fox is probably the best character with a reflector) which much like the gimmicks in brawl are LESS effective than just picking top 3-5 characters.

These gimmicks are lame, but unless yall wanna play with TA off, its going to happen in vanilla and custom doubles. Olimar just joins the ranks of villager/gnw.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Are you talking about how he beat me with Diddy Kong because how badly I trivialized his Villager camping? Yes he did beat me.

@razer, I didnt see zero in dubs today im at work, but i know what you are talking about. Its a glitch and they are just trolling a team they already beat like 9-0 in the past week already.

Its actually LESS broken than gnw+pika and that was banned. I have no idea why they didnt bad that obvious glitch but in the end it requires you to go olimar (bad character) + relfect (fox is probably the best character with a reflector) which much like the gimmicks in brawl are LESS effective than just picking top 3-5 characters.

These gimmicks are lame, but unless yall wanna play with TA off, its going to happen in vanilla and custom doubles. Olimar just joins the ranks of villager/gnw.
oh you beat his villager with megaman? gj

Teshie U

Smash Lord
oh you beat his villager with megaman? gj
Yea and his little mac and his yoshi.

Props to him for trying new things each time. I think you'll all enjoy fighting BCs diddy kong more than his custom villager.

He has those savage feral dash grab follow ups you all like so much.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
@ Xyro77 Xyro77 Only Zero is guaranteed top 4. Denti is beating aerolink right now though.

3 diddys in top 8, maybe 4 if not for that TV incident.

As I was typing this Denti beat aerolink and is in top 4.

So 2 diddys and 2 rosalinas. follow by palutena, fox, luigi/zss, diddy

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Up throw up air is gross...
Are you talking about Rosalina, Diddy Kong or Mewtwo?

Dabuz took a game from Zero's Diddy just now. I think this hasn't happened since Mr. R took that 1 game at Apex?

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
So I was bored and decide to watch Megafox vs Jbandrew in GF at LOS11. I noticed something kind of interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXVgH2GGVUM&index=24&list=PL-ZZxiBKUOzivMlx6de3Jrr6T1WV7MKH9&t=15m0s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXV...t=PL-ZZxiBKUOzivMlx6de3Jrr6T1WV7MKH9&t=16m11s

Jbandrew recovers diagonally with Diddy's rocketbarrels, but get gimped by Megafox's shield before reaching the ledge? Why is that happening? Did he recover incorrectly missing the ledge speetspot or it is that the shield stopped him from sweetspotting? If you watch the whole set, he actually does this several times.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Jband just hit the ledge the wrong way OR he tries to overshoot the ledge and went too low.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
He either aimed wrong or held left while going to the ledge which caused the explosion. Was these matches fought online?

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
That may be true, but everytime that happened, Megafox always shielded near the ledge. It definitely feels like a purposeful action by Megafox, why else would he just stand there and shield rather than try to gimp offstage? Not to mention Jbandrew has to be somewhat competent with recovering if he made it to GF, so I don't think he's recovering wrong, not to misfire twice in one match.

Flip, these were done at the most recent San Antonio weekly, so they were live matches.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
He either aimed wrong or held left while going to the ledge which caused the explosion. Was these matches fought online?
no was at LOS, san antonio's weekly series. Jbandrew moved to sa. we'll see him at sam3 most likely

Teshie U

Smash Lord
That may be true, but everytime that happened, Megafox always shielded near the ledge. It definitely feels like a purposeful action by Megafox, why else would he just stand there and shield rather than try to gimp offstage? Not to mention Jbandrew has to be somewhat competent with recovering if he made it to GF, so I don't think he's recovering wrong, not to misfire twice in one match.

Flip, these were done at the most recent San Antonio weekly, so they were live matches.
I'm pretty sure Diddy can get to grand finals at a local without knowing alot of things. Megafox may have put him a situation he had never been in before and didnt know how to recover at that angle.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Are you talking about Rosalina, Diddy Kong or Mewtwo?

Dabuz took a game from Zero's Diddy just now. I think this hasn't happened since Mr. R took that 1 game at Apex?
Diddy, and his guaranteed kill combo at 60/70ish.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Alright, thanks for letting me know Razer.

I'm gonna have to test the Diddy thing further, I'm still skeptical.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
No doubt, which is why we gotta look for ways to beat it. Every little thing counts.
I really like how positive and abitious you are but at the end of the day.......it's diddy.

You bring a stick
He brings a gun
You bring kevlar
He brings armor piercing rounds
It doesn't end :(

This is the same situation we have seen in brawl with Mk.

Last edited:

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Forgetting about who's going with who for a second, how many of us are actually going?

-Knife :4link:
-Tesh :4megaman::4sonic:
-Grim :4falcon::4fox:
-Gaius :4falcon::4sheik::4jigglypuff:
-Trela :4robinf::4shulk::4charizard:
-Xyro :4samus:
-Gamma :4dk:
-NK :4ness:
-Karna :4sheik:
-KJ :4marth::4sonic:
-RunCT :4peach:
-Avoid :4falcon::4wiremac:
-Krebs :4shulk::4villager:
-BC :4diddy::4villagerf:

Am I missing someone? Better watch out San Antonio.
This post got me so hyped up omg

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I think @AvoiD wanted to carpool with you too xyro. Think Karna's going to sam3 as well, in gamma's carpool I think?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Avoid joined the party!

KJ (Tactician)
Grim (Warrior)
RunCT (Bard)
Avoid (Sage)
Xyro (LEGEND)

The Batmobile is READY

image.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom