• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Trela

Smash Lord
I just played customs for a while with Dabuz.

I don't know if it was just because of customs or because I'm playing a player who's noticably above my skill level, but GOT DAYUM those were some amazing matches. Perhaps it's because I'm so ready to improve on my game and learn how my custom/non-custom moves interact with each other in different match-ups. He won most of them for sure, but in a surprisingly feral way. Did not expect, 10/10.

This is the first time I've really looked into customs after finally unlocking them all for the characters I play, and it's an interesting experience. I've said before that I've never minded customs, but I still believe the community is going about it the wrong way. There's still broken moves that cannot be overlooked in my opinion like DK's Kong Cyclone for example, and planning tournaments with an Evo or Die mindset is not the best way of thinking, honestly. And of course, my matches today ended *SNAP* just like that with 2 stocks, which is not always a good thing when it comes to letting a match play itself out correctly with adaptation and less emphasis on the clock ticking away, and while the latter wasn't the case here today for me, I'm sure our matches would be different in a tournament setting.

But I shouldn't be complaining. I'm down to play some more Smash tonight after being even more fired up to get better, Evo Ruleset or not.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
(TGC) Texas Gaming Championships 2 is going down Apr 25 at the Le Jardin. I have been getting contacted by players requesting that I do a few more events at the Le Jardin so I decided that I will do 2 more events at the Le Jardin and announce the venue for the other dates at a later time. TGC 1 had 400 people in attendance with players traveling from out of state and every major city in Texas. This event is going to be 1 to remember so RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/events/1601497233398853 and get your tickets at http://www.tgcseries.com/TGC2 before tickets are sold out. Below is the future TGC schedule so mark your calendars for these upcoming TGC Events along with a National Event. Any game that does well with entrants will be considered to being in the National Event. I will release more details on this at a later time. Im looking forward to making history again and I will see you all soon. Lets get HYPE!

Here are a few changes that have been made moving forward with TGC.

#1: TGC Tickets: I will no longer be using eventbrite. Players you can get your tickets on www.tgcseries.com/events and click on the upcoming TGC event to get your tickets. It is mandatory that if you are getting your tickets online that you print the paypal receipt or show us the receipt on your phone in order to enter the venue.
#2: TGC Rankings: Visit www.tgcseries.com and look to the right. You will see some logo's and players names, that is the TGC Top 5 Rankings and will be updated after every TGC event. The ranking have been updated with the TGC 1 results.
#3: TGC Food and Drinks Menu: Le Jardin will be offering a variety of food with different prices and I will post the menu once I get the prices from management.
#4: TGC App: Me and my team are still working on the app and will let everyone know once its ready for download. In the meantime bookmark: www.TGCapp.net
#5: TV/Magazine/Press: Im contemplating bringing in either Channel 13 or Fox 26 and have them cover TGC along with the Houston Press and other magazine companies. I will keep everyone updated once I make my decision so stay tuned.

(TGC 2015 Schedule)
Feb 28 - Le Jardin
Apr 25 - Le Jardin
June 20 - Le Jardin
Aug 8 - TBA
Oct 3 - TBA
Dec 5 - TBA

(TGC 2016 Schedule)
Feb - TBA
June - National Event TBA
Aug - TBA
Oct - TBA
Dec - TBA

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Crawldashing was in Brawl and is nothing new. Fliphop is a real Diddy and knows all of this.
I just played customs for a while with Dabuz.

I don't know if it was just because of customs or because I'm playing a player who's noticably above my skill level, but GOT DAYUM those were some amazing matches. Perhaps it's because I'm so ready to improve on my game and learn how my custom/non-custom moves interact with each other in different match-ups. He won most of them for sure, but in a surprisingly feral way. Did not expect, 10/10.

This is the first time I've really looked into customs after finally unlocking them all for the characters I play, and it's an interesting experience. I've said before that I've never minded customs, but I still believe the community is going about it the wrong way. There's still broken moves that cannot be overlooked in my opinion like DK's Kong Cyclone for example, and planning tournaments with an Evo or Die mindset is not the best way of thinking, honestly. And of course, my matches today ended *SNAP* just like that with 2 stocks, which is not always a good thing when it comes to letting a match play itself out correctly with adaptation and less emphasis on the clock ticking away, and while the latter wasn't the case here today for me, I'm sure our matches would be different in a tournament setting.

But I shouldn't be complaining. I'm down to play some more Smash tonight after being even more fired up to get better, Evo Ruleset or not.
I was playing custom Rosa vs Gnes and Razer and DAMN this character is fun with luma warp is the single most fun custom ive seen.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
If onion doesn't like every post does the world spin anymore? I feel like if he stops now something bad will happen

I asked this question on facebook last night and got a few responses but I'm interested in hearing what you guys gotta say so here it is

i already have a date in mid july marked up for FG 5 so i'm gonna ask you guys here, what can i do to make your experience at my tournaments better? im in the process of getting a new venue for FG 5 since the dojo cant hold over 50 people comfortably. any suggestions will be addressed in some way, just trying to see what you guys want

Last edited by a moderator:

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
Crawldashing was in Brawl and is nothing new. Fliphop is a real Diddy and knows all of this.

I was playing custom Rosa vs Gnes and Razer and DAMN this character is fun with luma warp is the single most fun custom ive seen.
Catch and Release(custom down-b) for Rosa is quite the godly move yo. pull people instead of items then blast them away. gimps just about anyone who isn't villager offstage and the range is too good.

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
If onion doesn't like every post does the world spin anymore? I feel like if he stops now something bad will happen

I asked this question on facebook last night and got a few responses but I'm interested in hearing what you guys gotta say so here it is

i already have a date in mid july marked up for FG 5 so i'm gonna ask you guys here, what can i do to make your experience at my tournaments better? im in the process of getting a new venue for FG 5 since the dojo cant hold over 50 people comfortably. any suggestions will be addressed in some way, just trying to see what you guys want
That's right. If I stop now, the world will end, so for everyone who's ******** about all of the likes, F you. Also, there's this:
IMG_0538.PNG

Uncheck the "Likes your message" box. You're welcome.

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Old man, if you see this, you have no excuse to whine about me flooding your inbox anymore so with that said, I will now continue to like every single post in the previous Houston Thread. Deal with it. Also, you still need to pick me up from school! It's ****ing freezing! This is child abuse God dammit!

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Tomorrow, I will continue my journey to become a mod... Prepare yourselves, old gens. Take my advice and uncheck the "Likes your message" box, because I will not stop until I achieve mod status. You have all been warned.
-10 Year Old

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
No Flip or Razer?
Now's my chance to win...
Also Onion maybe people want alerts for who likes their posts and don't want them from only you,

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
There's usually people at Sync's house. Contact Tesh regarding availability to play. There are also Weeklies held at one of the player's house every Tuesday as well.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Damn, with Razer and Flip not going, the invasion by the Empire begins...

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
You guys better go to TGC 2.

As far as For Glory, I think it usually all runs pretty smoothly. The venue is about the only complaint I had. I liked the atmosphere of it, but man it was always so cramped and the tempterature was whack. Like, if I sat by the stream set up it was always so cold but hot over by the other TVs.

You guys do fine otherwise.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Only the active old gens understand. There's a reason why I mention it constantly but notice how Xyro never addresses it. You have to be privileged to understand.

Hmm, I may not even enter TGC2 if no partner for dubs, maybe just help out and shiz. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I was a little interested, but there is this much interest on smashboards alone, the cap is too low for me to waste my time going 40 miles.

Top Bottom