• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I am offering 1$ to each person who beats me in a 2/3 set online, a GRAND total of 5 whole $ are on the table! (Basically me losing to 5 DIFFERENT people)

If I do happen to win the set I don't want a dollar in return, rather you have to use my tag at the next TGC (friendlies included) If I catch you not using my tag then a dollar will be you're compensation :)

For those who are wondering what viable names count as my "tag" I have created a list for all viable names LOL

Zaurey Zoris Zoreh Zori. Zory Zorai Zoree Zorey Iroz Zorie Zohwe Zowe Zoue Z*ri Zoz Zowii Zoey Zori2.0 Zoar-e and Zor! Zorhay Zorette Zoilmar Zowee Zoray Zorah Zhore Zore Zowy Zuh-Ore-e Sori Zoweh Zowi Zorizard Z0ri Zorei Zorhe Z()r! Zowey Zorz Zorii Zorina Zoie Zoeri Gettas Z.ri Zowie Ziowii Zeowi Zhorey Zowwi Sorey Zor-ori Savage

I want to get better

so who's first ;)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm pretty good with him, still likely better with him in a lot of match ups than who I'm playing now.
What I feel as an intense amount of Brawl-backed match up knowledge for a large amount of characters is getting me by with new[ish] characters hitting the streets, certain things like disjoints need to be respected to the extent to which they exist but those not experienced in that match up (either with their new character or they're new to the game) are giving him way too much room to breathe that he just numerically doesn't have the ability to force.

My bias is he's Brawl Captain Falcon-esque.
Remember, Brawl Captain Falcon still had a forward air that killed at 60-70%! An amazing jab. Dat up air. Holy crap his dash speed bro, amazing.

If you have either a good down tilt or jab in close or a dash grab/attack for mid range, you beat Marth to a pulp by playing campy against him ala Brawl low tiers you used to think were good.

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Kirby is the secret top tier guys I'll just bide my time in low tier tournaments for now
You'll see
You'll see...

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
I am offering 1$ to each person who beats me in a 2/3 set online, a GRAND total of 5 whole $ are on the table! (Basically me losing to 5 DIFFERENT people)

If I do happen to win the set I don't want a dollar in return, rather you have to use my tag at the next TGC (friendlies included) If I catch you not using my tag then a dollar will be you're compensation :)

For those who are wondering what viable names count as my "tag" I have created a list for all viable names LOL

Zaurey Zoris Zoreh Zori. Zory Zorai Zoree Zorey Iroz Zorie Zohwe Zowe Zoue Z*ri Zoz Zowii Zoey Zori2.0 Zoar-e and Zor! Zorhay Zorette Zoilmar Zowee Zoray Zorah Zhore Zore Zowy Zuh-Ore-e Sori Zoweh Zowi Zorizard Z0ri Zorei Zorhe Z()r! Zowey Zorz Zorii Zorina Zoie Zoeri Gettas Z.ri Zowie Ziowii Zeowi Zhorey Zowwi Sorey Zor-ori Savage

I want to get better

so who's first ;)
I dunno if $1 is worth a lame tag. I'll play if I can get one of the red tags. And yeah I want to get better too! Don't use Diddy Kong. Actually, use him I need the MU experience.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Those who went to Hobo 12 carry his spirit, so he'll still be there.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
If you are coming to FG4 and you have a set up please bring it. I only have like 5 or 6 confirmed right now. No way I can run any type of tourney off just that much

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
I need more match up EXP. Faced an Olimar on wifi. Seems like a hard match up lol.
I feel like a good Rosalina would be be a scary MU for Diddy. I mean she can break out of your grabs, trade your dthrow to upair with her dair if you do grab her, and mess up bananas with Luma/gravity. She can also gimp pretty well.

Anyone here main Rosalina?

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
In theory, it is a bad matchup, but Diddy could just not use bananas and just kill her at sub 90%. Her weight is a big issue. Also, Luma should not be a problem, Diddy can easily knock him away. And once Rosalina loses Luma, the real fun begins. Maybe prepatch Rosalina could have been a threat, but I doubt it now. Luma is hardly a threat since they nerfed him, though you still have to respect what he can do.

There are a few Rosalinas in Houston.

Last edited:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I'll prob show up to For Glory. Ozz better show up.

Flip, down throw even if you don't have to. know pain + know diddy = know downthrow

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Flip, use HOBO12 tag when it's time to get serious.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I'll use it if I'm ever on stream. When time comes I'll use the evil that is down b. Feel like Ryu becoming Evil Ryu every time I down throw.

I heard Frys has Wii U GameCube adapters on sale. Have to do in-store pick up. Stock now people!

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll use it if I'm ever on stream. When time comes I'll use the evil that is down b. Feel like Ryu becoming Evil Ryu every time I down throw.
Discard your heart and give into darkness. Then you will have true power.

Top Bottom