• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
An oil change costs you 40$?
Where are you going? Mine costs half of that. Less if I did it myself. :applejack:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
An oil change costs you 40$?
Where are you going? Mine costs half of that. Less if I did it myself. :applejack:
It depends on The type of oil (synthetic or not) and it depends if his vehicle even allows for it to be done with out special tools. My dads truck must be taken to the dealer to have his done.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Lol because I drive a 6.2 liter V8 engine car that takes premium gas. Plus my oil change actually costs 100. Don't worry your pretty heads San Antonio. We're driving to you this time.

RT, you could just pay me with a Villager amiibo...

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
A beast lol. I drive a 2010 SS Camaro.

Wait, I just understood the posts. If anything, Xyro drives terrible. Speeds and switches lanes last second. DANGEROUS man to follow,

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Lol because I drive a 6.2 liter V8 engine car that takes premium gas. Plus my oil change actually costs 100. Don't worry your pretty heads San Antonio. We're driving to you this time.

RT, you could just pay me with a Villager amiibo...
Going to SA in style?

So, I have one person from here interested in carpooling with me so far. I can take up two more people. I may be able to take a 5th person, but like what Razer said it would probably be cramped, 2 door car and all. I'm also bringing a full set-up with me.

I'm for sure gonna stay Saturday night and leave Sunday morning, but still deciding between staying Friday night as well or just driving out there Saturday morning. Thanks in advance for offering housing to us Nike. For gas, as long as you can contribute $10 its all good (covers both ways). Shoot me a PM or let me know here if you want to join.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Going to SA in style?

So, I have one person from here interested in carpooling with me so far. I can take up two more people. I may be able to take a 5th person, but like what Razer said it would probably be cramped, 2 door car and all. I'm also bringing a full set-up with me.

I'm for sure gonna stay Saturday night and leave Sunday morning, but still deciding between staying Friday night as well or just driving out there Saturday morning. Thanks in advance for offering housing to us Nike. For gas, as long as you can contribute $10 its all good (covers both ways). Shoot me a PM or let me know here if you want to join.
Lol it's the car I drive. But yes :p.
Take advantage for those who else want to go like you Tesh.
So far my carpool is Me, Trela, RT and Flip for now. If it changes I'll post accordingly.

Tesh

Smash Hero
knife im down for sure and i believe asa is interested. im down to leave after like ten friday if possible

Xyro77

TGC.jpg

The Official TGC event #1 has been announced for Feb 28th, 2015!! There are pot bonuses for Smash 4/Kart 8/Pokemon R&S!

Event caps, venue times, event order, payouts and other things have changed since the "Road to TGC" events so please read the rules very carefully and ask any questions that may come to mind. If you would like, you can contact me here on SmashBoards (Xyro77) or on Facebook (Allan Sims)

Important things to remember:

1. Purchase your venue fee online to guarantee your spot. Player caps WILL be reached.
2. Print out receipt/confirmation email or show us these on your phone for a smoother registration process.
3. You may only enter 3 events at max. This helps make all brackets run correctly.
4. We need 20-30 full setups. There is compensation for those who bring a full setup (Tv/WiiU/Smash or Mario Kart 8).
5. I am the best Smash 4 Samus user. Deal With It.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Called my gamestop at 2:30 today. They said they didn't have no pit, no falcon, no mac, no nothing. I stop by at 4:30 before I headed to work to possibly order them through the store. Look in the amiibo section and see 2 pits and a Falcon. Gottem both. Mac and a second falcon should be at my house next week. I also pre-ordered all the ones I could in wave 3 minus Shulk. Metaknight, Rosalina and Lucario since they're sold out store exclusives. Now...should I collect 2 of each? 1 to keep in the box, the other to open? I'm sick.

Allan good work on TGC. Looks like a better venue and fix kinks that we had. Just focus on collecting setups or pushing to have them and knock it out the park!

Xyro77

When things go wrong, like i told you they will, I will then ban you for the next 3 TGCs. Maybe you will learn then.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just take away his Amiibos. It'll hurt him more.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
knife im down for sure and i believe asa is interested. im down to leave after like ten friday if possible
After 10pm (I'm gonna assume you mean PM) is fine, but preferably not too much later than that since we have a 3 hour drive ahead of us (though I'll probably cut time that down). If Asa could come, that would be great! With that, my carpool is looking like:

Me
Gamma
Tesh
Asa?

Should be good. How do you all want to meet up? I can be at Tesh/Asa's place a bit before 10 and we go from there whenever Tesh gets back?

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
When things go wrong, like i told you they will, I will then ban you for the next 3 TGCs. Maybe you will learn then.
I'm going to give you a condensed reply to this:

1. Winter Soldier is better than Avengers by far
2. The Dark Knight is better than Avengers by far
3. Movies > Books
4. I am your first son
5. Dallas sucks

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
just a heads up the next For Glory is most likely (like 90% sure) going to have a date change from Jan. 17th to the 31st. It will only be a Smash 4 tournament (testing this out) no player cap or anything hopefully this will prove more manageable and a more pleasant experience for everyone. ill change it on the event page soon and will keep you guys posted on any further changes. Also all the videos from this past weekend that were recorded are being edited atm and will be up soon.

Xyro77

just a heads up the next For Glory is most likely (like 90% sure) going to have a date change from Jan. 17th to the 31st. It will only be a Smash 4 tournament (testing this out) no player cap or anything hopefully this will prove more manageable and a more pleasant experience for everyone. ill change it on the event page soon and will keep you guys posted on any further changes. Also all the videos from this past weekend that were recorded are being edited atm and will be up soon.
Great idea. Tons of us will not be going to Apex due to its bad ruleset and cost. Would def show up to this. Smash 4 only is a good idea cause now you can dedicate all setups to one game and it will run much faster

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Good stuff! I wouldn't have been able to make it the 17th but should be able to make it the 31st! I've been wanting to go to a For Glory but work always catches me. Should make it out there :)

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Great idea. Tons of us will not be going to Apex due to its bad ruleset and cost. Would def show up to this. Smash 4 only is a good idea cause now you can dedicate all setups to one game and it will run much faster
jaden and i are pretty set on alternating the monthly game. Smash 4 next month, melee after, and so on

Xyro77

Last updated 1/1/2015
1. :4robinf::4shulk:Trela has a 88.5% performance ratio based off of 3 tournaments
2.:4diddy:FlipHop has a 83.5% performance ratio based off of 5 tournaments
3. :4falcon::4morton:GrimTurtle has a 76.0% performance ratio based off of 5 tournaments
4.:4diddy:Dao has a 67.7% performance ratio based off of 4 tournaments
5.:4falcon:Avoid has a 60.1% performance ratio based off of 4 tournaments
6.:4luigi:BlueBird has a 56.7% performance ratio based off of 4 tournaments
7.:4falcon:Razorium has a 56.1% performance ratio based off of 3 tournaments
8.:4greninja:Sync has a 51.1% performance ratio based off of 4 tournaments
9.:4diddy:Nidak has a 46.3% performance ratio based off of 4 tournaments
10.:4mario:Zro has a 44.1% performance ratio based off of 2 tournaments

The new Houston Tier List is here and on the OP. I went ahead and did it a day early because i will be busy with Tori tonight/tomorrow. Now that we have had 3 HTLs in 3 months, its time to slow down and update the tier list every 2-3 months. As usual, GFC/FG/Insomnia and TGC will all still count towards the HTL.

Also, i created a quick little statistics spread (had to dig out my PhD in Calculus in order to do this for you guys) based off of the events we have done so far. Its nothing mind boggling but it will be as the years go on.

Total number of events since Smash 4 launch (10/3/2014):
9 events (5 3DS events and 4 WiiU events)

Total number of events per month:
2 in Oct
4 in Nov
3 in Dec

Average number of events per month:

Longest drought:
15 days

Largest tournament attendance:

Smallest tournament attendance:

Average tournament attendance:

Player who entered the most events:
Tipy (7) BC (7)

Player who won the most events:
Trela (2) GrimTurtle (2)

Character who won the most events:
Diddy (3)

Most used characters in Top 4:
Diddy (10)
Captaon Falcon (4) Bowser Jr (4)
Sheik (3) MegaMan (3) Little Mac (3) Fox (3)
Shulk (2) Robin (2) Rosalina (2) Villager (2)

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Yeah I only know Sync is going
Can't go because of school money and screw those rules

Top Bottom