• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
I will be hosting a smashfest at my apartment tomorrow at 7pm. People that are confirmed for coming are Furbs, Dao, and possibly Fliphop. I've been in this scene for awhile (check out dat join date), so if you know me, then you're invited. If I don't know you but you are interested in coming, then you are invited as well. You can ask anybody in the scene who's been around for awhile, and they'll let you know I'm cool. I'd like to see how much interest there would be if I were to host this type a thing every two weeks or possibly weekly.

8322620373. Shoot me a text if you're coming so I can get a head count/I can give you the address. Also, please bring set-ups. I have one complete set-up and an extra monitor.

Rules for Stiltz Fest:

1. No shoes in the apartment. Leave em at the front.
2. Don't molest my roommate's dog.
3. I will be a jerk and eat food from my fridge in front of you. There are food places nearby.
4. If you don't RSVP ahead of time and show up at my apartment, I may or may not let you in depending on my mood.
5. I really hate having to say this but I've been to far too many gaming fests. Don't steal my stuff, my roommate's stuff, or anybody else's stuff. It won't be tolerated. Also, please shower and brush your teeth.
6. I don't mind alcohol, but don't get obnoxious. I'm 25 and my beer pong/waking up in a puddle of my piss days are over.
7. I'm a nurse. Yes, I will save your life if it needs to be done. No, I won't look at that sore/wart on your **** for you. Go to a doctor.

Let's have fun.

EDIT: In case you're concerned about distance, I live at the intersection at 288 and 6 10 near the medical center.

Last edited:

Maniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xoxMANIAKxox
How do you guys over come randomness? Good players I play we have good games even though I'm a beginner at smash but random players give me problems. They just dash attack dash attack random multiple smash attacks over and over. The dash attacks go behind me so I can't punish those. I occasionally get caught by just random bs. Frustrating. I feel like I would do bad in tourney against crappie players compared to the better players. How should I approach these people?

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
How do you guys over come randomness? Good players I play we have good games even though I'm a beginner at smash but random players give me problems. They just dash attack dash attack random multiple smash attacks over and over. The dash attacks go behind me so I can't punish those. I occasionally get caught by just random bs. Frustrating. I feel like I would do bad in tourney against crappie players compared to the better players. How should I approach these people?
Play footsies with them until you figure out their habits. Find one particular habit they have and let them get away with it until it is time to kill them. For example, I fought this Yoshi who would always roll away after dash attacking my shield. Let him get away with those rolls until he's at kill %. Trust me, random bad players are never just playing randomly. It may appear random to you because of how stupid the options they choose are, but they have predictable patterns and habits.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Watch better shows than arrow plz
Ya bonkers Jerm. Arrow go hard in the paint shawty what u thank. I will say that I like vintage Oliver Queen, the one that was serving them woopings and taking no prisoners in season 1 and 2. He was merciless and was saucing them females cheeks up. I knew Oliver Queen was a true playa from the himalaya. Yea mayne, playa playa playaaaaaaaaaaaa. This seasons show is going in an interesting direction just hate watching it on hulu cause of the dumb commercials. Them commercials be talking that booty chatter and i aint about that life. Get to the action dammit and cut out the booty clappin. Im ready to see somebody get sauced up na ming!

Last edited:

TheJerm

Smash Champion
List of shows (not including anime, watch gurren lagann grim razer) I guarantee if you watch, you'll say are better than arrow..

Twin Peaks, Madmen, Parks & Rec, The Wire, Freaks and Geeks, Californication, Arrested Development, Sherlock, Breaking Bad, Entourage, Weeds, (insert more S tier shows)

Walking dead, Arrow , Flash = F tier

Last edited:

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yea, rick and moray is S tier, I was trying not to list animated shows. Im iffy on dexter bc, I liked the first two seasons a lot tho.

Breaking Bad and Sherlock are super hero shows lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
List of shows (not including anime, watch gurren lagann grim razer) I guarantee if you watch, you'll say are better than arrow..

Twin Peaks, Madmen, Parks & Rec, The Wire, Freaks and Geeks, Californication, Arrested Development, Sherlock, Breaking Bad, Entourage, Weeds, (insert more S tier shows)

Walking dead, Arrow , Flash = F tier
Man. I hate all of those shows. So boring. :applejack:

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Rip the English language
Zori, my brotha from another motha. All I got to say is Cha cha to the English language! Im going to start talking to principles at schools and see if I can get AirbrushKing language added to the curriculum. I think these kids nowadays would appreciate this language I came up with and they momma's and daddy's will want to learn it to. Learning AirbrushKing language can be a family thing and a great Christmas gift to a loved one. Hell ill even teach seminars if boys about that life. Have student enrollment going down like 2 fat clowns. Oh yea mayne we not playing no games around chyea. We in there like kids playing in daycare na ming. I feel its time to start raising some of these yung bucks and put them on game ya dig. We out chyea getting it in ya feel me! :seuss:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
My head hurts for some reason

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
I get back in Houston for the break on Monday after i bend these finals over like some cheap whores. I'll be up at the Dojo in The Woodlands willing to play any smash game with you guys! come through!

Top Bottom