• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

heytallman

CTALL
Ah yes, there is a new Houston thread! But why? 2 reasons! With a new smash game, there is a need for a new thread(you will see why) and the old thread has about 50 pages of sheer spam and about 10 pages of semi spam so i thought it was time to make a new one with less( i pray) spam than before!
less spam? lolwut?

Alright, but you can't use Falco. Agree? (Still probly gonna be free money for you but w/e)

Heytallman I made that a we will decide what it's for match... the winner gets to decide the loosers fate:)
Haha...I accept, and I'll try to come up with something not to rough when you lose.

lol k,
if you want me to play yoshi though i'll win :p j/k
$5 MM?

Btw, any1 know any good lucas players that record matches and post em on smashboards/youtube/whatever (BETTER than Deva)? I've got their fighting styles down, especially link's, and ive gotten the hang of how they should fight against other certain specific characters, but I just needa see how I can improve with either of them (if possible :p).
*looks around, then points at self*
Have you ever seen my sig? Let's play. I can show you some stuff (maybe)

KRDsonic

Smash Master
It's not for post count.

It's not like I wouldn't rather be playing Brawl, but I find playing CPUs boring. My internet sucks, plus online lags anyways, and I can't have friends over all the time. So I don't get a lot of time actually playing PEOPLE.

Plus, I'd like to get to know the Houston people more. At the last PZ tournament I didn't know anyone and I was randomly walking around saying hi to people. I'd like to actually know some people at the June 7th tourney. :)
Seemed kind of like it was for me at the last PZ tournament, except that my best friend came to the tournament too. Pretty much, I was just looking around thinking "is there anyone I know? I'll watch a couple of the matches and see if I recognise any names, who are these people? Hey, it's a yoshi user, oh, that's that Furbs person I heard about, hey, there's that seth person over there, hey, there's that person that said he wanted to battle someone in pokemon at the tournament, I just won't let him know it's me because I left my game at home". Basically, I only knew my friend there. He won't get to go to the one on June 7th because he's going to be out of town, but I'll still get to go. I'm going to try to buy a splitter for the AV cables so I can record some matches at this tournament, and have really good quality and no button delay because I would get to play on the TV while the laptop records. I can do that at my friend's house, but only through his VCR.

I had a couple of matches that I really wish I could've gotten recorded there, like the match with my Yoshi against someone's Snake where I made a huge comeback.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Seemed kind of like it was for me at the last PZ tournament, except that my best friend came to the tournament too. Pretty much, I was just looking around thinking "is there anyone I know? I'll watch a couple of the matches and see if I recognise any names, who are these people? Hey, it's a yoshi user, oh, that's that Furbs person I heard about, hey, there's that seth person over there, hey, there's that person that said he wanted to battle someone in pokemon at the tournament, I just won't let him know it's me because I left my game at home". Basically, I only knew my friend there. He won't get to go to the one on June 7th because he's going to be out of town, but I'll still get to go. I'm going to try to buy a splitter for the AV cables so I can record some matches at this tournament, and have really good quality and no button delay because I would get to play on the TV while the laptop records. I can do that at my friend's house, but only through his VCR.

I had a couple of matches that I really wish I could've gotten recorded there, like the match with my Yoshi against someone's Snake where I made a huge comeback.
Yeah same thing for me. I only knew my friend who came with me, and Allan. But then Allan introduced me to some people and I eventually met Seth/RoyR/T-Rex/etc. I don't think they knew who I was though. Which is why I'm trying to get to know people. Maybe Houston needs a picture thread? Haha.

And yeah I'm trying to buy a Dazzle or some type of game recording device also to record matches. Not sure which is the best to buy though.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I'm having a smashfest at my house/a venue maybe the night before the next tourney, everyone's invited.
depends on where I can/want to hold it, but I might be able to get a place near where PZ is maybe, I don't know.

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest including overnight? I wouldn't want to drive all the way to near Houston for a day, then have to go home and drive all the way back again the next morning.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Maybe Houston needs a picture thread? Haha.
Thats a splendid idea, my face needs to be seen more, cause I'm just so d@ng pretty.

Announcement:
Pay attention my cronies. School is out. If anyone wants to come over to play me in some Brawl or Melee, we can make it happen. Tarzan, Tallman, Ronnie, XZalla, Dawn, Kage, Axxo, Richard, Neon, Allan, Gabe, ResumeDPosition, Sethlon, Bear, Mouf, Adam, David, Stiltz, etc. etc. Everyone and Anyone, come one come all to play me and in Brawl and Melee. Because I can beat everyone in both, it should be really good practice for you all.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Ok

good games
Kage, Master Void ,Dawn ,guy with swat as his player name and axxo

AXXO GREAT TEAM WORK.!

Are team name is team pure power or.....
(the whole next sentence will be are name)= Dubfinn doesn't like to say cus words so we will call are team team A*^..... yeah....:dizzy::psycho:

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Thats a splendid idea, my face needs to be seen more, cause I'm just so d@ng pretty.

Announcement:
Pay attention my cronies. School is out. If anyone wants to come over to play me in some Brawl or Melee, we can make it happen. Tarzan, Tallman, Ronnie, XZalla, Dawn, Kage, Axxo, Richard, Neon, Allan, Gabe, ResumeDPosition, Sethlon, Bear, Mouf, Adam, David, Stiltz, etc. etc. Everyone and Anyone, come one come all to play me and in Brawl and Melee. Because I can beat everyone in both, it should be really good practice for you all.
i will own you and my penguin,soldier,Pikmen,lazer spaming amigos as well Jeremy...

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer

Announcement:
Reread Quote Guys. Come over.

Conceited much?
Very.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
*this is Dawn on Axxo account*
just give me a date and time..

hell yeah lets have falco dittos but when?
Well, Axxo, if your mom can pick me up, I got gas money. ^_^ you know i live close.

Dawn, start practicing. You still main Fox...?? of???

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Hahahaha Team Demolition Taco Stand.

I think Kitty and I are going to be "Aqua Team" (reference to Aqua Teen Hunger Force).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, EVO doesn't know what they're doing. :urg:

M

MyTime123

wheres it at josh? and tell ur brother to call me today i have some info thats somewhat important that i need to share with him. Is there gonna be a brawl tourney at that con?

Popertop

Smash Champion
Smashfest including overnight? I wouldn't want to drive all the way to near Houston for a day, then have to go home and drive all the way back again the next morning.
yeah overnight.
Although I'm sure people going to the tourney would want rest, although I've heard about mr. Haas McGee winning a tournament with only 2.5 hours of sleep *coughSethloncough*

edit: OMG, those rules are outrageous, and not in a good way.

Medium spawn items with Smash Ball and Golden Hammers, FTL

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
yeah overnight.
Although I'm sure people going to the tourney would want rest,
Oh for sure, I would need sleep too. I just don't want to have to drive to Houston and back TWICE to get a little practice in.

although I've heard about mr. Haas McGee winning a tournament with only 2.5 hours of sleep *coughSethloncough*
I'm seriously lmao right now. Hahaha!

edit: OMG, those rules are outrageous, and not in a good way.

Medium spawn items with Smash Ball and Golden Hammers, FTL
Again, QFT. Even REGULAR hammers are insanely unbalanced.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Only decision I need to make for the next PZ tournament is: Do I want to use Both Ice Climbers together for my matches or do I want to use a Solo Ice Climber for my matches xD. Recently I've gotten pretty good with a solo climber, and ocassionally I have matches where I only play solo (I kill nana off right after I respawn). The best part is, people underestimate solo ice climber so it's easy to get hits in on them.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
WHAT. THE. ****. I just looked at those wannabe torney rules and i was disgusted and but humored at how stupid this is listen to this part too:

"Excessive stalling or abusing terrain to not engage the enemy is not prohibited, and can be enforced by a tournament director only. This will result in a loss of the match."

Check that out a double negative...wtf is up with that. It seem as if some inexperienced people wrote this, if this is the new rule for a tourney we shouldn't follow them...if you people decide to go by this rule i will no longer go to tourneys...

also **** EVO they don't know squat...the *******...>=(

Esca

Smash Champion
Guys, i'm mm-ing people in brawl at HOBO.

Popertop-5$ my pit vs. your anything.

I'll money match anyone for either 1 or 5 dollar mm's, no 25c.

Esca

Smash Champion
Seth, sure.
I've heard alot about you, i was gonna make it up there with popertop and takeurlife2 last time, but i had business to do.
Your falco vs. my, what?

Esca

Smash Champion
Don't underestimate Seth. :X

Rofl, who said i'm underestimating him? He'll probably beat me, but i need to play someone good. I usually beat Popertop everytime i play him, and i never really get owned, i just need to get smacked around a few times. then i'll be good.

heytallman

CTALL
Oh God...EVO phails hard...what kind of a ruleset is that? Items and Rumble Falls ISN'T banned? Unless I missed it in the banned stages list...also 75mm allowed?

Quite garbacious.

Top Bottom