• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Call the cops, tell um whatever lie you want, thats fine. If you do come to my house, you'll have the **** beat out of you, and anyone you bring. I don't know what you think this is, but its my word vs. yours, your gonna need a warrant to even get into my apartments, and round here we don't like cops or the people who bring them. So if you do show up at my house, believe I'll have some people out side of yours when you come out in the morning cause I still know were you live. Good Day, believe me or not, its up to you, I could care less, but stop bothering me is what you don't seem to understand right now. I think I've handled this situation quite well, but your about to osculate this into something else. I don't know why you come here, no one likes you. Stop posting all these empty threats that Winston keeps telling you to. It's obvious to even the silliest panda's that you made this account only to try and get at me and to keep Winston's (Mr.3000's) account from being banned. Get this through your head, I want no part in you, Winston, your mouth, or anyone in your crew. Thanks again, and Good Day.

G@BE, when we getting together to play? PM Me son. You too: Tarzan, XZalla, Jake and anyone else interested in melee.
i am still interested in melee yet i haven't played it in a while so my skillz are dulled just let me know when and where i will try to get a ride

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
sense i can't freakin find that thread heres my shout outs
Dr.drew your cool to talk to in real life....
Gabe awesome talking to you MTG for the win
Gea your just as cool as i thought lolz the amazing come back with olimar against falco in pools remember
Hylian lol SDed self 3 times and your a cool guy
TGM you know you owe me money son i want it. man you got a good samus
Roy-R still cool to talk to you
Furbs you eat alot..... and your fun to play congrates on tying for 13th with me lolz
DingDing i don't rember who you where but your cool i talked to you for a little
RT- we will get you a wife subject came up at ihop iono....
Jesus Freak-Pwned me in Melee lol
Heytallman - i had alot of fun playing you and we think the same lolz
T-rex- we had alot of fun
3000-pwned me
Omni dist- dude great time hanging out with you remember the johns lolz
Axxo- thanks for the ride and other things.
Tall guy like me you played a good CF in melee
Jeremy posted where he lived in a thread along time ago lolz look for it
Flip i watched you play and you seemed to me the best one there....
Dr mario kart- pwned me
Jimboooo- your funny i like your jokes

ans sethon we had fun in are friendlys was close acouple times. like in melee i beat you 1 time and thats all i care about.
Thank's top your cool did you eat the cinamon?

also i hop because there food was good i took gabes pancakes lol

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
nah he ate like at ihop and the double daves twice and something else i don't rember no joke lolz and i thought i was fat ( even though i am)!

Gea

Smash Master
Rofl no I'm serious. We go out to eat after this really local gamestop tournament all the time and he can barely finish an appetizer.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
lol i guess i have my hungry days, OM NOM NOM, (lol gea remember when i had the rest of the pizza cupcakes and OJ at ur place?)

and my not so hungry days, idk.... im a mystery i guess lol

Gea

Smash Master
You ate like hardly any pizza and cupcakes. It was like a slice of pizza and a cupcake. That's not alot of food. YOU WANT AN EATING CONTEST FURBS? HUH? OMN NOM NOM, *****

heytallman

CTALL
Furbs ate SO MUCH on Saturday. I lost track of how many matches you almost lost due to being at double dave's.

Haha pimpslap you're hilarious. And what did you mean by revenge against the Ice Climbers? I beat your Ice Climbers (at least I think I did). And I love the fact that we started about five matches but only got to finish like one lol

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Furbs ate SO MUCH on Saturday. I lost track of how many matches you almost lost due to being at double dave's.

Haha pimpslap you're hilarious. And what did you mean by revenge against the Ice Climbers? I beat your Ice Climbers (at least I think I did). And I love the fact that we started about five matches but only got to finish like one lol
Pimpslap is indeed one of the funniest people in houston... one of... RICHARD

Onii-Chann - we'll play

To everyone else, everyone is always welcome to come over and play some melee, hit meh up 713-505-8688

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
LOL gea...i almost missed the fist doubles match because i went back to the pizza place and finished ohh a medium.....it was delicious

BloodTemple

Smash Cadet
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO dang another tournament so fast I dont think im going to the next one though its too soon to me but yall have fun.

Hey its me Final again, yeah i made seventeenth in the last tournament, blah i know i suck but anyhow im making a smash team with Virax who now goes by aion,

Anyone wanna play me over wifi or in person? My wii number is on pg 88
And if you wanna play email me at quietgravedigger@yahoo.com

FEAR ME FALCO MUHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH ( NOt really)

OH if anyone wants to play melee i wanna play samus ditto money matches ( im not a good samus but still lol)

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
lols, speaking of food MAN i was miserably hungry during the tourney...wiis started to look like cakes, controllers started to look like those bear claws u can get at Shipleys, heck i was starting to ponder on the filling was inside of my friend's twinkey..i mean, wii-mote.....

...and then I see Furbs there, eatin those pepperoni pizza roll things...one after the next after the next after the next...lol yea u guys get the picture. :p

Anyhoo, for future reference, how long would I have if I walked out and got sum food, and my match started without me knowing it, before i would automatically lose or whatever? I'd rather get far in a tourney than eat lunch, but still...a guy's gotta eat.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
OMG lol you guys make me out to be like a food monger......but i was pretty dang hungry that day, maybe it was the venue?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I know u ain't (or at least u look nothing like one lol).

OK, tallman, GH. Best of 7. Showdown. Tuesday (tomorrow). Evening-ish. I promise.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Haha, thanks for the shoutout Pimpslap. I got alot of improvement in my meta game. Banana's can only take me so far. Hey Gea, know of any tips I should work on?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
lols, speaking of food MAN i was miserably hungry during the tourney...wiis started to look like cakes, controllers started to look like those bear claws u can get at Shipleys, heck i was starting to ponder on the filling was inside of my friend's twinkey..i mean, wii-mote.....

...and then I see Furbs there, eatin those pepperoni pizza roll things...one after the next after the next after the next...lol yea u guys get the picture. :p

Anyhoo, for future reference, how long would I have if I walked out and got sum food, and my match started without me knowing it, before i would automatically lose or whatever? I'd rather get far in a tourney than eat lunch, but still...a guy's gotta eat.
You could have easily asked you pool leader to hold of your matches until you got some food. Since pools took so long, this wasn't a problem. Generally, you don't want to do this if you're playing brackets. Just send someone you trust to get you the food.

Gea

Smash Master
Haha, thanks for the shoutout Pimpslap. I got alot of improvement in my meta game. Banana's can only take me so far. Hey Gea, know of any tips I should work on?
Well alot of it is just learning how to play against certain characters. Pika, for instance, is learning when its safe to punish dsmash and thunder. You are amazing at using nanners and good at aerial pressure. I would consider grabbing more since I bet you force people to shield quite often with the projectile spam.

Other than that... hmm. Really I'd have to play you more to say. Just keep trying to play against a variety of characters and look at what moves are good for what. If you have issues with a certain matchup, make it a point to practice it alot. Learn it inside and out as much as you can, and find the stages you HATE and should ban, and the stages you love and feel comfortable using. Counterpicking stages is really important and can easily win you a match (coughpikacorneriacough).

As for looking at what moves you are using... Kinda like Peach has three good kill moves. Fsmash, fair, and usmash. I already use two of the three well, but I know I don't use usmash at all. So I'm looking at how I can start using it in my game more often. I might find it hard at first, but eventually I have more options at my disposal and thus play better.

Then its just playing smart. Watch yourself and don't take risks you don't need. Learn to control and actively think about which way you tech or roll and try to not feel pressured at any times. You were a good player, so alot of this you already know.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Pimpslap is indeed one of the funniest people in houston... one of... RICHARD

Onii-Chann - we'll play

To everyone else, everyone is always welcome to come over and play some melee, hit meh up 713-505-8688

This ninja knows my name lolz
Jeremy i told them a hint to where you live my post for kicks i been to your house it's likemy house tgm knows i live next to 2 crrack houses lol
onii+Brawl= Needs improvement lolz
also i stold 1 slice of pizza from someone... iono i took one slice from furbs got 2 pancakes from gabe and 2 pep rolls from furbs lolz and axxo boughted my food and on my way to omnii's house i drunk like 2 40 oz drinks lolz
so yeah iono you almost ate like a fat guy...

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Well alot of it is just learning how to play against certain characters. Pika, for instance, is learning when its safe to punish dsmash and thunder. You are amazing at using nanners and good at aerial pressure. I would consider grabbing more since I bet you force people to shield quite often with the projectile spam.

Other than that... hmm. Really I'd have to play you more to say. Just keep trying to play against a variety of characters and look at what moves are good for what. If you have issues with a certain matchup, make it a point to practice it alot. Learn it inside and out as much as you can, and find the stages you HATE and should ban, and the stages you love and feel comfortable using. Counterpicking stages is really important and can easily win you a match (coughpikacorneriacough).

As for looking at what moves you are using... Kinda like Peach has three good kill moves. Fsmash, fair, and usmash. I already use two of the three well, but I know I don't use usmash at all. So I'm looking at how I can start using it in my game more often. I might find it hard at first, but eventually I have more options at my disposal and thus play better.

Then its just playing smart. Watch yourself and don't take risks you don't need. Learn to control and actively think about which way you tech or roll and try to not feel pressured at any times. You were a good player, so alot of this you already know.
Haha, I made it certain to block corneria every match. I can't use nana's too well on that stage since the incilnes are so evil.
Oh yea anybody want to try to team up with me at Trashday, I might go to that one ^o^

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
lol. Anyways. Pimpslap save 15 bucks this week because ur goin with me to the tourney this weekend at University of Houston.
sure can ........ GO TO BED NINJA!!!:mad:
i need alot of practise but i will eventually be good in teams lol pointed at you flip
:item9:

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i have a idea i add you as friends and we practice on line in teams sound goo iono just the lag will kill us alot.

G@BE

Smash Lord
quickly...

Furbs....!!!

i forgot your AIM lol

IM me again i cant remember what it was i have like 200 contacts haha

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Hm, I can sorta work my magic online, but the lag is just too killer for me. Anyways, you have an IM?

Velox

Smash Ace
You guys are still playing Brawl? That game got soooooooooo boring.

Drew just ban me already, it won't hurt my feelings. I clearly have nothing productive to say anymore.

Velox

Smash Ace
got 2 pancakes from gabe
Gabe served you pancakes?

pancakes

pancakes...

***Drew, you could say it was because I double posted too much. Or, because of the racial misrepresentation in my avatar.

Online Brawl is quite comical. I think I could somehow use this technology to turn the Wii into a time traveling device. Right now it is reallllllyyy good at wasting time and door stopping, but I think I could get so much more out of it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I love brawl so much XD.

Also, I am soooo good at melee now. When I play, I don't even know what to do with all this skill that randomly appeared.

Crazy stuff.

heytallman

CTALL
OK, tallman, GH. Best of 7. Showdown. Tuesday (tomorrow). Evening-ish. I promise.
I can't do anything tonight, dingalingadongading. And how were you expecting to play me in it? I have it for the XBox360 and I don't have a gold XBL account, so I couldn't play online anyway. We'd have to meet up in person and play. And I don't really have any available free time any day this week. We'll work something out.

Top Bottom