• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Popertop

Smash Champion
Pop, you better watch out man, your gonna lose PhantomX's respect. His respect is super notable. Be careful man. It's a great honor to have PhantomX's respect.

And Sand Trap is my favorite OOC Smasher now, because he is liek barwl and doesn't afraid of anyone
LOLOlololoLOLOloloLOLO you silly *****.

Oh no I double posted. I hope nobody comes to infract this and "keep order" in the smash community. Man. I reallly hope someone doesn't notice I'm breaking the "rules" by having a sig larger than my post. Oh jeez.

CY

Smash Ace
Pop, you better watch out man, your gonna lose PhantomX's respect. His respect is super notable. Be careful man. It's a great honor to have PhantomX's respect.

And Sand Trap is my favorite OOC Smasher now, because he is liek barwl and doesn't afraid of anyone
dojo > infinity. infinity plays so basic it makes me laugh. DTILT > TRIP > GRAB ALL DAY LOLOLOL. infinity, you ****ing suck. i can't wait to beat that *** at FS5 or whenever i play you.

phantom x why do you act like an elitist? you act all high and mighty with your grammar on the forum, always trying to correct people or try and show off that you go/went to college. i have nothing against you i'm just saying. don't be disrespectin' my boy poptop, family comes first yo. no reason to pop dat lid at my boi. <3 phantom, just don't be squabbin wit mai boi popz.

btw guys, SOUF SYDE WE RIDE ON CHOPPPAZZZZZZZ

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
dojo > infinity. infinity plays so basic it makes me laugh. DTILT > TRIP > GRAB ALL DAY LOLOLOL. infinity, you ****ing suck. i can't wait to beat that *** at FS5 or whenever i play you.

phantom x why do you act like an elitist? you act all high and mighty with your grammar on the forum, always trying to correct people or try and show off that you go/went to college. i have nothing against you i'm just saying. don't be disrespectin' my boy poptop, family comes first yo. no reason to pop dat lid at my boi. <3 phantom, just don't be squabbin wit mai boi popz.

btw guys, SOUF SYDE WE RIDE ON CHOPPPAZZZZZZZ
Pass me the popcorn :laugh:

Hell, I think I WILL bring popcorn for when all the epic money matches go down at Final Smash 5.

CY

Smash Ace
Pass me the popcorn :laugh:

Hell, I think I WILL bring popcorn for when all the epic money matches go down at Final Smash 5.
*****'s dont be listenin and *****s be strugglin. all i gots to strain on deez fools, dey better git sum BROgain for dat hair once i get done with em. im bout to go on a BROmicide wit mai falco at dat FS5 ya dig broseph?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I never grammar nazi, I flipping troll this place harder than anyone else in Texas, lol. I just don't like being insulted without grounds. Popertop and I usually get along well, and that dickriding thing came out of left field, so I have a right to be surprised and respond curtly.

I personally don't give two ****s about "family" or "county pride" or what have you, so you can defend as you like, I generally just ignore those posts anyway XD I just really care about direct affronts towards myself, CY :p

Also, esca... ****, that's like... 3rd grade caliber insults... try to get some material that'll make the person at the receiving end actually care, haha. Poper got more response from me with one word than you did with that entire line and a quarter, lol.

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
Exactly my point... there are more important factors to the outcome of a match than character choice, including having a good/bad day, player skill, etc...

In HOBO 13, only two people are listed to have used MK. Infinity, who won, and Dojo, who is respected for his skill.

I'm not saying that MK isn't a very strong character... I'm saying that MK isn't strong enough to be considered for a ban. That's ridiculous. For a character to be considered for a ban, then Dojo should have placed 2nd with MK even though he was having a bad day.
Hobo 13 shouldn't even be considered a Hobo, which always had gotten at least 60-70 people at minimum. Please don't base an argument off of a 33-person tournament. And your logic is even more insane now. For a character to deserve a ban, the character has to be able to carry the player to the top rankings, no matter how the actual player is playing? C'mon.

Esca

Smash Champion
I never grammar nazi, I flipping troll this place harder than anyone else in Texas, lol. I just don't like being insulted without grounds. Popertop and I usually get along well, and that dickriding thing came out of left field, so I have a right to be surprised and respond curtly.

I personally don't give two ****s about "family" or "county pride" or what have you, so you can defend as you like, I generally just ignore those posts anyway XD I just really care about direct affronts towards myself, CY :p

Also, esca... ****, that's like... 3rd grade caliber insults... try to get some material that'll make the person at the receiving end actually care, haha. Poper got more response from me with one word than you did with that entire line and a quarter, lol.
No, I actually just find it amusing of how you present yourself, you think you're the ****, when in real life, you aren't ****. Now keep it movin' son, your just mad because you got beasted by pop and I. shhh.

Popertop

Smash Champion
LoiOLLOLOOLOLOL I was just like "dickride" and Phantom was all like "MOGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMGOMGOGMOMWWTWTWWFTWTFTTWTTWTFTFTWTFTWTFTFWTFWFTTAHAHAAUIAHAUAHUHAUHAHUAH"
LolOLOLLOololoLOLOLL

You have to excuse the random outbursts. Sometimes I say things I don't relaly mean I was just playing.
It came off a little harshly sarcastic I guess but y'know.

Beaumont has my back y'all watch out.

*sigh at brents post*

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No, I actually just find it amusing of how you present yourself, you think you're the ****, when in real life, you aren't ****. Now keep it movin' son, your just mad because you got beasted by pop and I. shhh.
I'm sure getting accepted into Medical School makes me > you in life... and I'm already better than you in Brawl soooo... That was better though, keep at it, I MAY just get bothered soon.

If you want to prove me otherwise... we can money match for $20 dollars at our next encounter, best of 5.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ok wtf this all started just because I said Wario counters MK? U all are sick and twisted... I sh** on you all.

Also, to whoever it may concern, I only beat Dojo by playing a LOT more risky and getting away with it cause no one expects me to play that way. That and I finally don't get buttraped by nado lol, at least I feel like I can do something about it.

Also, Phantom get off my nuts son. lol jk. :)

Let's change the focus of this conversation, let's talk about FS5 or boobs or taking shots at 4:30 in the morning at Bear's house just for the hell of it. Let's be friends. :D

Van Jones

Smash Lord
****. Lots of hating in the thread. Well, I guess I'll join in. I heard Xyro likes dudes. Truth.

Jk.

Oh yeah. Let me make this long so that I don't get an infraction (gay bull****)

I ate waffles today. Also, Sammi is still fine.

I like hot dogs.
Pikachu is awesome.

UT Smash Club

Smash Cadet
Well, the way I see things only CY and Xyro are advocating a ban for MK... everyone else just accepts that he is better but not to the point to earn a ban, regardless of whether they play MK or not.

The argument you brought up just brings this to a matter of perspective, so there's no more point in debating... let's just take DMG's advice and move on from the topic. If you guys REALLY want to ban MK... then I'm assuming a more in-depth discussion on this will have to take place, and only the top names will probably be participating in that discussion anyways.

The f'cking 820- as a wrong address got me lost for almost 2 hours trying to find the Drink Station... PLEASE someone double check the address next time... I was hanging around the wrong end of Broadway St. for way too long. 8209 and 820 are VERY different addresses...

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Well, the way I see things only CY and Xyro are advocating a ban for MK... everyone else just accepts that he is better but not to the point to earn a ban, regardless of whether they play MK or not.

The argument you brought up just brings this to a matter of perspective, so there's no more point in debating... let's just take DMG's advice and move on from the topic. If you guys REALLY want to ban MK... then I'm assuming a more in-depth discussion on this will have to take place, and only the top names will probably be participating in that discussion anyways.

The f'cking 820- as a wrong address got me lost for almost 2 hours trying to find the Drink Station... PLEASE someone double check the address next time... I was hanging around the wrong end of Broadway St. for way too long. 8209 and 820 are VERY different addresses...
QFT

Allan double check those spellings, you'd have the same mistakes on the first post since you made this thread lol.

Popertop

Smash Champion
****. Lots of hating in the thread. Well, I guess I'll join in. I heard Xyro likes dudes. Truth.

Jk.

Oh yeah. Let me make this long so that I don't get an infraction (gay bull****)

I ate waffles today. Also, Sammi is still fine.

I like hot dogs.
Pikachu is awesome.
I bet Sammi also likes hot dogs and thinks Pikachu is awesome.
Boobs. Large ****. Freaking huge gazongas.
Torpedoes man. Like so big your head explodes just thinking about them.
Srsly I'm looking at them right now it's this girl I know she's in the library.
Gorilla suit.
DK.
Diddy Kong.
Bananas.
Banana Peel.
Slip.
Trippin'.
Boondocks is hilarious.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
From what I see:

If Meta Knight doesn't get banned, things continue running the same, more and more people will use Meta Knight, a couple may quit MK and switch to earn some more respect. I won't really mind because MK isn't my most feared matchup.

If Meta Knight does get banned then I also don't care. It might even be for the best for those MK users anyways. I got pretty mad when Ice Climber's chain grabs got limited to 3 grabs here (luckily they were extended to 5 now :D), and most people were for their chain grabs being limited. After a while I just accepted it and ended up getting better with the rest of Ice Climbers' skills, such as desyncing and their regular fighting, and now I don't mind the limit at all. I assume the same should happen for Meta Knight players too.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Does this Sammi chick actually have large knockers? Who are these women that keep being referred to in jokes or team names (i.e. Dianna and Sammi)?

Popertop

Smash Champion
Sammi is a smaller girl.
But hey that's fine too.
I was just talking about boobs 'cause DMG was all like "Let's talk about boobs or something"

FREAKING HUGE **** MAN. LIKE BIGGER THAN YOUR HEAD

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I remember back when I used to watch random stuff on celebrities I saw a documentary on Pamela Anderson and her massively fake **** needed tremendous bras. No lie, some guy could fit his entire head into only ONE of the bra cups, it was hilarious.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This thread is getting there to epic town, we need like an epic boob pic, it would be on topic I would think.

Esca

Smash Champion
I'm sure getting accepted into Medical School makes me > you in life... and I'm already better than you in Brawl soooo... That was better though, keep at it, I MAY just get bothered soon.

If you want to prove me otherwise... we can money match for $20 dollars at our next encounter, best of 5.
Lol, so considering you were born earlier than I makes you greater me? I think not. And Okay, $20 Money Match. Wario Vs. Pit, best of 3, not 5. That's too long. If you can beat me you'll 2-0 me. Dumb ****.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

That is all. Only pic I will post. Maybe.

On a side note, who wants pie?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Why would I have to 2-0 you? I was going to make it longer b/c it's for a considerable sum of money.

Also yes, assuming one is doing something with their life and is on the right track they will always be > younger "generations" until they have time to catch up. Extra years means more maturity, knowledge, life-experience, etc. That's common sense.

Take it to PMs though, we need to keep this to the epic boobs, it's gonna make me:

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

CY

Smash Ace
Why would I have to 2-0 you? I was going to make it longer b/c it's for a considerable sum of money.

Also yes, assuming one is doing something with their life and is on the right track they will always be > younger "generations" until they have time to catch up. Extra years means more maturity, knowledge, life-experience, etc. That's common sense.

Take it to PMs though, we need to keep this to the epic boobs, it's gonna make me:

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4
you have much yet to learn.

sigh at you guys slaving over pictures of boobs on smashboards.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
1. CY is trolling and people keep feeding the troll. I mean he isn't even good at it and you people still feed him? Jesus Christ CY is going to gain a lot of weight if you people don't stop.

2. I doubt almost any of you even have a solid criteria for banning MK. Most of you only have experience in this state and some of you only in your respective cities. Looking at the smash scene as a whole MK doesn't have the evidence supporting a ban.

3. A lot of people just have the wrong mindset when talking about not being able to beat MK. The majority of top players don't encourage a ban on MK. Quite the opposite actually. The ones that do usually at least have a solid criteria.

4. While MK meets my criteria for a ban I also factor in tournament results which currently do not show MK dominating anywhere except the southwest. In some of the best regions in the world the only MK main to win things is M2K. Other top mk players often lose to characters such as Diddy/Olimar/Kirby/Marth/ZSS/Snake and some others. This doesn't suggest MK being unbeatable in any sense. We just need to get better at the game.

5. Again, even though MK fills my personal criteria for a ban I also realize that if only Texas were to ban him it would be harmful for our community in relation to the US smash scene as a whole. You may not care if you don't travel, but you should still take this into consideration. Only Texas banning MK seperates us from the smash scene as a whole in the US. It discourages out of state attendance and doesn't give us any tournament experience against a character we would be playing against in other states. It makes texas looked down upon and it doesn't help our players improve.

tl;dr:
Stop johning and get better.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
HYLIAN!!! I was watching some of your matches in January of you playing ARC and omg your Fox is super sexy! You are/were so freakin' technical...I also heard that you are/were more technical than SilentWolf, is that true?

Popertop

Smash Champion
1. CY is trolling and people keep feeding the troll. I mean he isn't even good and you people still feed him? Jesus Christ CY is going to gain a lot of weight if you people don't stop.

tl;dr:
Stop johning and get better.
Do you even know him?
like srsly

EDITEDIT: Furbs, this reminds me....

CY

Smash Ace
hylian, whenever i think about you.....I **** IN MY PANTS!

but no honestly i was trolling about some stuff, but not about infinity. everything i said about him is completly true and i will play him and i do think he is only good with MK. (emphasis on good) his attitude is what makes me flame him btw, i have nothing against him personally, just the way he acts regarding smash and the way he acts on the forums. wah wah wah i need to be higher on the PR list, f that.

i don't care about the MK ban, i'm just saying infinity can only use MK just to clear that up.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
best time periods of the houston thread

(in no order)

some of these were a LONG time ago

1. lee harris vs. jeremy fiefer
3. xyro vs. onii chan
4. sandtrap vs. hylian
5. popertop vs. jeremy fiefer
6. everyone vs. leeharris
7. cy vs. infinity
8. esca vs. phantomX