• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Apocalypse™

Smash Journeyman
All in favor of making this up coming tourny a MELEE tourny say I.

Teehee.

What if we were to bring our OWN TV's.. one Melee tv.. cmon.

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
Every time I play this game I throw up in my mouth a bit. This game is terrible and if this is the future of smash, I am selling my Wii. This future you speak of, does it have people with down syndrome being pros? I mean Nintendo took a perfectly wonderful game and dumbed it down enough a 4 year old could be good at it... Is this what Nintendo had in mind? If the Wii wasn't the cheapest console, I would bet it would be in dead last as far as sales.
as much as i hate brawl, this quote shows just how amazing Nintendo is at making money. creating a game that individuals in a range of ages can play, making their console incredibly cheap as compared to other consoles...i mean as non-competitive as the game is, you know Nintendo made a shiz load of money off of it

i have to pee

Smash Rookie
Ewok Tree Village, TX (TX, LA, NM, OK only)
as much as i hate brawl, this quote shows just how amazing Nintendo is at making money. creating a game that individuals in a range of ages can play, making their console incredibly cheap as compared to other consoles...i mean as non-competitive as the game is, you know Nintendo made a shiz load of money off of it
And that is what makes me so mad. I bought a Wii just for this game...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I dont rember kyuu beating me...He might of been playing kal >->. Also, our matches were really laggy lol. If you think anyone can beat anyone in this game then lol.

dawn001

Smash Ace
since everyone is talking down on BRAWL i have to say that is true i dont like it at all....is hard to kill,edgehog, comboing!!! is true they made this game for everyone can WIN!!!
i started playing MELEE AGAIN and i say WHO EVER WANTS TO KEEP PLAYING MELEE OR HOSTING ONE THEN GO FOR IT I WILL ATTEND!!!! I RATHER PLAY MELEE THEN BRAWL!!!!

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
im liking the feel we got going in this thread

MELEE FOREVER!!!!!!

edit: ok not forever thats kinda long, but atleast until brawl gets better!!

for everyone who disagrees, you need to open your eyes and stop hiding the truth from yourself. do you honestly like brawl better than melee? (at least right now?)

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Everyone keeps talking about how hard it is to play Brawl. How's it's harder than Melee to pull off advanced tactics like edgehogging or chain linking.... Doesn't that mean that Brawl is in fact MORE advanced than Melee because you can't pull those moves off AS easily as Melee and that it requires more skill to thus pull them off? If it's that hard to pull these types of moves off, then why do you keep insisting that it's a game anyone "can just pick up"? In fact, isn't this just confirmation that everyone here that's complaining about it , in fact sucks at Brawl? I mean, how noobish is it that earlier someone posted about spaming the same move over and over to win? In Brawl, if you do the same move over and over it decreases in power, thus cheese was brought down and it forces people to actually use skill to achieve a kill. And by the way, edgeguarding and chaininking are still in the game. You just have to have more skill than in Melee to pull them off efficiently.

Sure it's easy to bash Brawl now. It actually takes skill to play Brawl - and be good at it. Instead ya'll are just posting page after page of "I suck in Brawl because I don't really have any skill and I can't rely on Peach/Marth/Fox cheapness anymore to win, crap, why did this game have to be fair and require ACTUAL SKILL to play - $&#@ that! I don't HAVE real skill so I look like a noob when playing Brawl - let's all go back to Melee where I can just spam the SAME three moves over and over and over with FOX/PEACH/MARTH to win."

Yeah, because seeing Fox, Peach and Marth doing the SAME three attacks over and over on EVERY tv at EVERY tournament was "skill". Pathetic people. Get over it. Instead of complaining about how much you suck in Brawl how about you just LEARN the new skills required to play this game correctly. It'll take time. You can't just buy the game two weeks ago and expect to master every aspect of it. You need to discover the hidden techniques (and there are MANY of them I haven't seen mentioned on this forum or seen on youtube so maybe ya'll don't even know they are there - which means you suck even more than I thought at it).

Not to say you all don't know what you're doing in the game. Just... Give it time. LEARN how to play BRAWL, not try to play Melee ON Brawl. I don't mean to sound condescending, but it's sad and pathetic to see ya'll announce yourselves as a "one trick pony." Come on now, the Smash Community can be so much better than this....

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Let me edit this post.

Brawl, will never be Melee. Brawl, is Melee's ******** little cousin.

YEAH GUYS! Lets try even harder to do half the stuff we could do in Melee! BUT! Lets do it on the downgraded version called BRAWL! Lets try harder to edge guard it will be very boring but hey! It's BRAWL.

Truth is, Melee was not three moves with three characters. It was much more than that. If you had a brain you would know that the game was very deep, and people were so fun to watch and play because of their unique styles.

I watched a Brawl match, I fell asleep, woke up wiped the slobber off my face and never watched another match.

YAY for new techniques, unless we can start teleporting anywhere on the screen with the blink of an eye I don't think you could find anything interesting enough to replace all of the interesting **** Melee had.

Face it, Brawl is for scrubs, and always will be.

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
Add DoH to the list.

WTF Jeremy, you were like the biggest talker talking about Brawl this and Brawl that. Saying stuff like Melee was better, you know what, be glad that you are winning now, cause I kicked your *** in every tourney we played in. You still never even gave me an explanation for you leaving to California. Oh, and if you think you're a hotshot in Brawl, I'll be more than glad to kick your *** again. You freakin' traitor. If you have so much time to post pointless sh*t on here, you have more than enough to tell me just what the hell is going on with you, you traitorous, lying, ungrateful b*stard. Have a problem with what I said, you know my number call me, I won't continue this here. :mad:

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
WTF Jeremy, you were like the biggest talker talking about Brawl this and Brawl that. Saying stuff like Melee was better, you know what, be glad that you are winning now, cause I kicked your *** in every tourney we played in. You still never even gave me an explanation for you leaving to California. Oh, and if you think you're a hotshot in Brawl, I'll be more than glad to kick your *** again. You freakin' traitor. If you have so much time to post pointless sh*t on here, you have more than enough to tell me just what the hell is going on with you, you traitorous, lying, ungrateful b*stard. Have a problem with what I said, you know my number call me, I won't continue this here. :mad:
This will be the last post I say towards you. So listen closely.

I dont like you. You claim to be a good guy but you talk about everyone in the so called "crew" behind there backs. If your talking about XZalla and Ceasar, and Shaun, all behind there backs, then whoes to say your not talking about me. I want no part of anything to do with you. Last Convention I went to with you I relied something about you, theres a reason no one likes you.
1)You talk about everyone behind there backs. You've talked about everyone in Houston behind there backs. Atleast I have enough balls to post it so they can see it.
2)You rig your own tournaments. Then you accuse TGM all the time of rigging his.
3)Your a supernerd who's always trying to act like your something to be feared... your the son of a preacher, you live in a white bread neighborhood,... you dont even own a gun.
4)You make excuses on why you lose. Its never enough, no one is actually better than winston, anyone who beats him in anything you have something to say.
When you talked about XZalla and Ceasar to me behind there backs, that was enough for me to leave your gay crew. I knew them long before your punk ***, but when you stole that kids mp3 player, then rigged two tournaments right in front of me along with lying to your mom over the phone. I couldn't take being in this punk *** crew anymore. Or having anything to do with you.

If you didn't read any of this^^^, understand this. I dont like you. Nobody likes you. Link doesn't like you. Even Sonic doesn't like you. If you say anything about me, I'll just continue to say things about you. Good Day. And also, suck my balls.

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
Everyone keeps talking about how hard it is to play Brawl. How's it's harder than Melee to pull off advanced tactics like edgehogging or chain linking.... Doesn't that mean that Brawl is in fact MORE advanced than Melee because you can't pull those moves off AS easily as Melee and that it requires more skill to thus pull them off? If it's that hard to pull these types of moves off, then why do you keep insisting that it's a game anyone "can just pick up"? In fact, isn't this just confirmation that everyone here that's complaining about it , in fact sucks at Brawl? I mean, how noobish is it that earlier someone posted about spaming the same move over and over to win? In Brawl, if you do the same move over and over it decreases in power, thus cheese was brought down and it forces people to actually use skill to achieve a kill. And by the way, edgeguarding and chaininking are still in the game. You just have to have more skill than in Melee to pull them off efficiently.

Sure it's easy to bash Brawl now. It actually takes skill to play Brawl - and be good at it. Instead ya'll are just posting page after page of "I suck in Brawl because I don't really have any skill and I can't rely on Peach/Marth/Fox cheapness anymore to win, crap, why did this game have to be fair and require ACTUAL SKILL to play - $&#@ that! I don't HAVE real skill so I look like a noob when playing Brawl - let's all go back to Melee where I can just spam the SAME three moves over and over and over with FOX/PEACH/MARTH to win."

Yeah, because seeing Fox, Peach and Marth doing the SAME three attacks over and over on EVERY tv at EVERY tournament was "skill". Pathetic people. Get over it. Instead of complaining about how much you suck in Brawl how about you just LEARN the new skills required to play this game correctly. It'll take time. You can't just buy the game two weeks ago and expect to master every aspect of it. You need to discover the hidden techniques (and there are MANY of them I haven't seen mentioned on this forum or seen on youtube so maybe ya'll don't even know they are there - which means you suck even more than I thought at it).

Not to say you all don't know what you're doing in the game. Just... Give it time. LEARN how to play BRAWL, not try to play Melee ON Brawl. I don't mean to sound condescending, but it's sad and pathetic to see ya'll announce yourselves as a "one trick pony." Come on now, the Smash Community can be so much better than this....

says the person that couldnt compete with everyone else in melee.

im not bashing brawl because i suck at it, hell im not that bad at it at all. take jeremy for an example. hes really good, i dont care if he talks **** or has beef with people or whatever but the fact is that he is experienced in brawl. yet he agrees with everyone about brawl not even being close to melee.

brawl needing skill to be good at, pssh!

im sure marth being the same as he was in melee (even better actually) and characters like snake whos downsmash is planting a incredibly obvious bomb in the ground is balanced.

id rather have a select 6 characters that are equally "gay" than have 4000 characters who all just plain suck!

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
For the record I beat Hylian, Sand-Trap, Prince Zane, Taj and Im sure I could beat you...
But to be fair, I won majority, and the only reason you started winning any games at all was due to spamming smash attacks when I can't punish in lag :). But I thought I was talking to a little 14-year-old girl, so I was nice and decided not to ruin this lil' girl's confidence. Oh well, haha.

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
Funny, how you were the one talking about them, I never talked them behind their backs. Oh, and I didn't rig that tourney, I just kicked your ***. I don't care if you're in my crew, I dont need you anyway. LOL! *******, I returned that mp3 player back, like I was actually gonna keep that. Besides, with a criminal record like yours, you are not one talk sir. Oh, and I wont suck your balls, I'm not a gay *** punk like you. Oh, and weren't you the one always talking about people behind their backs. Don't act like a hero, how did I lie to my mom, and how did I rig two tournies when I wasnt even running them huh? Or how you practilly cheated on Elsie, Ellie, whatever her name is by screwing around with girls huh? Oh and I dont have to own a gun to kick your ***, isn't getting arrested once for weapon possession enough for you huh? White bread neighborhood, you always talk tuff behind a monitor dont you? Why don't you be a real man and tell me thjis crap to my face.

G@BE

Smash Lord
I dont like that game right now.. but to say brawl will never be like melee... thats just kinda dumb. Not everything in melee was figured out in a couple of months... it took years.

So to people that keep complaining about.. I would say just give it some time guys... Its bound to look up :/

oh and apoc... just IM me.. llike later at night.. Most of the time when i play people i usally im talking on the phone to someone and kinda dont feel like playing at the time hahaha

G@BE

Smash Lord
one of those exceptions would most likely be.. that people are just tired of playing a game for 4 years and feel like starting something new with there lives i guess..

Ronnie you were very good at melee... I just wish you would put the same amount of determination as you did into melee with brawl

well if kyuuu was jeremy lol gg Jeremy you were really fun to play :p

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Gabe's a freakin Psychic. The game will always be bad. There is NO speed, NO wd, NO L-cancelling, NO decent/fun edgeguarding, NO anything.

Brawl is lame.

Mr.3000, word is you did rig those tournies. For shame.

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
Also, we have the tools to learn what tricks there are in brawl. When Melee came out we didn't know ****. I will not put anything into this game, ever.

I'm all for starting something new, just not this piece of ****.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Mr.3000, word is you did rig those tournies. For shame.
For the record, WHAT tournies did Mr. 3000 supposedly rig? Let's not go with gossip that you're boyfriend whispered in your ear. Anyone can bad mouth anyone. Heavens knows lots of people on the Smashboards do that plenty. You want to call out someone, give a date and place. When and where did Mr. 3000 supposedly rig a tournament? Heck, if you're going to spread rumors, I can just as easily say TGM rigs his tournies too. See it's easy. You guys are morons if you just believe anything you hear. Ask for proof. At least ask for some info about it. Jeez.

Also, Jeremy STOLE a Wii from me. And a TV. Took them to California with him, never return my messages to him, then emails me laughing and tells me he sold it for cash. Funny Jeremy. I knew you were black, but dang... Did you have to be so freakin' stereotypical stealing my TV too? And you try to act all the good guy. And no I'm not lying about this. Ask Cesar. Heck even Xzalla was there when I first let him borrow my Wii. THAT's the kind of person Jeremy is. So no, I'm not surprised that he'd try to spread rumors about Mr. 3000.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
For the record, WHAT tournies did Mr. 3000 supposedly rig? Let's not go with gossip that you're boyfriend whispered in your ear. Anyone can bad mouth anyone. Heavens knows lots of people on the Smashboards do that plenty. You want to call out someone, give a date and place. When and where did Mr. 3000 supposedly rig a tournament? Heck, if you're going to spread rumors, I can just as easily say TGM rigs his tournies too. See it's easy. You guys are morons if you just believe anything you hear. Ask for proof. At least ask for some info about it. Jeez.

Also, Jeremy STOLE a Wii from me. And a TV. Took them to California with him, never return my messages to him, then emails me laughing and tells me he sold it for cash. Funny Jeremy. I knew you were black, but dang... Did you have to be so freakin' stereotypical stealing my TV too? And you try to act all the good guy. And no I'm not lying about this. Ask Cesar. Heck even Xzalla was there when I first let him borrow my Wii.
Tournaments.
Rigged Ikki Con because mario kart guy was giving him trouble.
Rigged tourney for the Wii to eliminate XZalla and make sure he didn't win the Wii.
Rigged Tourney in dallas to make it so UTD Zach didnt win.
Also Rigged wiht me and UTD teamed so he couldn't get money.

Now that were done with that, go suck winstons **** or get off mine, you green haired gypsy.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Tournaments.
Rigged Ikki Con because mario kart guy was giving him trouble.
Rigged tourney for the Wii to eliminate XZalla and make sure he didn't win the Wii.
Rigged Tourney in dallas to make it so UTD Zach didnt win.
Also Rigged wiht me and UTD teamed so he couldn't get money.

Now that were done with that, go suck winstons **** or get off mine, you green haired gypsy.
Wow, you really are a moron. He never ran ANY of those tournaments. I ran them and didn't participate so that no one would mess with the brackets.

"Rigged Ikki Con because mario kart guy was giving him trouble."
This tournament was run using the software randomize button of Tio. Cesar and I ran this tournament. Don't believe me, ask him. He was there and can testify to randomized brackets. The MarioKart guy sucks at Melee to begin with. He wouldn't have won even if brackets were rigged in HIS favor.

"Rigged tourney for the Wii to eliminate XZalla and make sure he didn't win the Wii."
Actually this is the first and only time I have ever rigged a bracket in my life. And I'll never do it again. I rigged this tourney in YOUR favor, Jeremy, so you could win that Wii since you didn't have one. But you were taken out by a random con GIRL named Sakura. Wow. Talk about you sucking. So I let you borrow mine. Don't believe me, ask XZalla. He was there. I never thought you'd steal it and sell it for cash then laugh in my face about it. Jerk.

Rigged Tourney in dallas to make it so UTD Zach didnt win."
Actually, Scav ran this tournament. Don't believe me, ask him yourself. The event was called G-kon.

"Also Rigged wiht me and UTD teamed so he couldn't get money."
Are you still refering to G-kon? Scav ran this event. Are you saying Scav rigs brackets? In... Mr. 3000's favor..? Riiight. Everyone, feel free to email Scav and tell him Jeremy says he rigs tournaments. Pshew. (http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=2281&st=0&p=5904&#entry5904)

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
My boyfriend whispers a lot of stuff. But it's never smash talk.

He rigged a tourney to where Sethlons side of brackets in TEAMS and SINGLES had to forfeit because there wasn't "enough time" left in the tourney to finish. Randomly his side both times. How strange.

By the way I believe I was talking to Mr.3000, not you.

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
What tournament are you talking about SE? Sethlon wasn't in any of my tournies. :(

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
My boyfriend whispers a lot of stuff. But it's never smash talk.

He rigged a tourney to where Sethlons side of brackets in TEAMS and SINGLES had to forfeit because there wasn't "enough time" left in the tourney to finish. Randomly his side both times. How strange.

By the way I believe I was talking to Mr.3000, not you.
Ronnie dont listen to anything that skank says, even if I had video proof along with DNA evidence, along with your written confession, you'd still deny everything along with winston. Also, since when are you on smashboards? 4 post and there all towards me? you made an account just to argue in winston's favor against me? sad.

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
Not to be mean but it really is a pattern. Everyone who didn't like how they measured up in Melee loves Brawl. Everyone who doesn't like how they measure up in Brawl hat es melee. There are of course acceptions.

Get on AIM. Dont try to play that card. No Johns. Your a ***** for tryin to play that card. You spammed your side B the whole game. Suck my ****. Your trash, you want to make excuses then fine.

Winston,
"Say it to your face"? Why, so you can challenge me to a game of Sonic Riders? Suck my ****. And I didn't cheat on no one, I'll slit your throat if you even think about ****in bringing my girl into this you punk *****. You think you know me... You dont know me. You think you know why I went to jail. You dont really know anything. You keep talking and it'll be alot more than just me standing outside your house. Believe that.
Slit my throat I don't care. hehehe, I bring your girl up whenever I want too, she stupid for staying with ya anyway. Your threats don't scare me. Never have, never will, unlike you, I'm all black buddy and I'll snap your skinny *** in half you *****. Come to my doorstep, I'll make sure the authorities have a say with you. So, stop talking tough, I've talked to you before, I know all about you, more than you think. Oh, and I didn't rig the brackets, teaming up in a frree4all is what always happens. Oh, and you lost to a lil girl in a frree4all so you cant talk. Oh, and with Xzalla, I didn't rig that bracket, I didn't even run it. Hahaha, guess what, the bracket with Dr. Mario Kart, Cesar and Gen ran that one, not me. Your accusations are just like your threats, stupid. Oh, and as far as UTD Zack was concerned, that was your idea to screw him over not mine. You were his partner, and killed yourself on purpose. Plus, you say no one likes me, you tend to forget that no one here like you from all the crap that you talk. You think a simple apology is going to change what they think about you, I think not. Oh, I don't have to play Sonic Riders to beat you, seeing as how I already beat you in smash, any other game will be a breeze since smash is all you can play.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Slit my throat I don't care. hehehe, I bring your girl up whenever I want too, she stupid for staying with ya anyway. Your threats don't scare me. Never have, never will, unlike you, I'm all black buddy and I'll snap your skinny *** in half you *****. Come to my doorstep, I'll make sure the authorities have a say with you. So, stop talking tough, I've talked to you before, I know all about you, more than you think. Oh, and I didn't rig the brackets, teaming up in a frree4all is what always happens. Oh, and you lost to a lil girl in a frree4all so you cant talk. Oh, and with Xzalla, I didn't rig that bracket, I didn't even run it. Hahaha, guess what, the bracket with Dr. Mario Kart, Cesar and Gen ran that one, not me. Your accusations are just like your threats, stupid. Oh, and as far as UTD Zack was concerned, that was your idea to screw him over not mine. You were his partner, and killed yourself on purpose. Plus, you say no one likes me, you tend to forget that no one here like you from all the crap that you talk. You think a simple apology is going to change what they think about you, I think not. Oh, I don't have to play Sonic Riders to beat you, seeing as how I already beat you in smash, any other game will be a breeze since smash is all you can play.
I cant argue cause all this is, is me saying you did something (that you did), and you saying you didn't. So I'll end with this.

YOU SIR, ARE A LIAR.

Oh and suck my balls.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Ronnie dont listen to anything that skank says, even if I had video proof along with DNA evidence, along with your written confession, you'd still deny everything along with winston. Also, since when are you on smashboards? 4 post and there all towards me? you made an account just to argue in winston's favor against me? sad.
Yes, Ronnie, don't listen to me, even though I have ACTUAL proof. And lots of witnesses (like Cesar, Xzalla) along with Tio bracket records from all of those events. Face it Jeremy, your gossip lies can only work on morons. Anyone with half a brain can see through them.

Also, I joined SmashBoards in Feb (evidence: look at my join date <--). I joined for Brawl. Also, I'm one of the recently appointed heads for the NVGA's Houston Chapter. I'm in charge of getting the Houston Smash Scene lots of coverage in the National arena. (Allen, I'll call you later this week about this.)

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
Why don't you take the money you get from money matches and get an education, because I don't have to take this kiddy trash talk, not from you of all people. I rather have Ronnie trash talk me over you. What's crazy is if you had a problem, you should've just been a man and talked about it. I'm not sad behind any of this, quite frankly it seems quite normal. Have a good life sir, oh and I'll let Elsie suck on those, if ya have any, which I don't think ya do, since you couldn't talk to me man to man. And please, don't use caps, unlike low tiers I can read thank you very much.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I have never rig a tournie ever in my life.

i love brawl

who wants to smash tomorrow?

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
What tournament are you talking about SE? Sethlon wasn't in any of my tournies. :(
A-Kon, in dallas last summer =/

Although to be fair, singles never actually happened in the first place, and 3000/T-rex already put me in losers brackets in teams (i was teaming with a lvl9 ganon T_T) before they stopped running the bracket, and they did give the entry fee back to the people who got gyped.

Also, Brawl is amazing.

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
Of course you haven't rigged one TGM, thats just Jeremey talkin his usual smack.

Mr. 3000

Smash Journeyman
A-Kon, in dallas last summer =/

Although to be fair, singles never actually happened in the first place, and 3000/T-rex already put me in losers brackets in teams (i was teaming with a lvl9 ganon T_T) before they stopped running the bracket, and they did give the entry fee back to the people who got gyped.

Also, Brawl is amazing.
LOL, oh that, you knew better than to team with a computer. Plus, I was told to do a 2v2 because of time constraints. No hard feelings though, I gots no beef with you Sethlon. :)

Top Bottom