• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Horizontal Final Cutter Not Working

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
No matter how many times we tried, my friends and I could not get this move to go sideways. Anyone else having this problem, or are we just bad?

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
You have to hold both sideways on the analog stick and the B button until the horizontal slash comes out. Most 'navigable' special moves like this usually allow just a tap of the B button, so I agree it's a little unnatural.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
the tolerance level for horizontal almost feel too strict. I can rest the control stick in the controllers grooves and it still won't come out sometimes.

HalfBakedHarry

Smash Rookie
For some reason I can only do it to the left and not to the right >_> It may be just be time for me to get a new gamecube controller.

RagingTiger44

Smash Rookie
For some reason I can only do it to the left and not to the right >_> It may be just be time for me to get a new gamecube controller.
I've got a similar problem. Perhaps my controller is broken as well. I'm gonna ask some of my friends on campus if they have a similar problem.

DiamondDust

Prime Time Player
NNID
MaysTheCraze
I can do it both sides, no problem, so I doubt this is a bug if anyone was wonder. Yeah, I agree though, the timing for it does seem kinda strict sometimes and honestly, I've yet to find a good time to even use the move while fighting.

AlGeorgeRomo

Smash Cadet
Push up-B to start his final cutter. As soon as Kirby gets into position, keep holding B, but push the stick to the right/left.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
it is strict,... and not very forgiving on controllers with worn out sticks, either... I can pull it off no problem offline, but online, I have to reset my controller a couple of times before the horizontal command registers. so it would be nice if the window was a little more lenient...

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
You must already be in the air, hit up-b, then quickly hit forward-b (be sure to hit B again, as well!). The timing is pretty sensitive, so just work with it.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The timing is absolutely not strict at all, as long as you're in the air and holding B as you press forward. I'm convinced that everybody claiming to have problems with it is trying it on the ground without jumping.

Kati

Smash Lord
Yeah there really isn't any timing at all to it. Just hold the special button and make a quarter circle motion.

Top Bottom