• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hori Mini Pad

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
apparantly the L and Z buttons are swapped. It is because the virtual console games all use L as their stand in Z buttons. This of course doesn't matter with the hori pad. I don't mind using L or Z to cancel. They are quarter inch away from each other on the Hori pad. I will probably end up buying this adapter. My friends all like playing on the virtual console, but I want to use this controller. I will write up a brief review of it for you guys, and anyone in the future who wants to know.
Incase you want to change some of your controls you could use this:
http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/n64_to_wii/index.php

I have this, but I feel it doesn't emulate the stick properly for ssb.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55

Well after trying this on my Hori Mini, I can say that if you are looking to do the same thing, to stay away from this adapter. The big problem is that the calibration on the joystick is mad effed up. It is very twitchy, and seems to constantly want to move to the right in addition to any other direction you want to move. Good luck getting this to work, i am going to return this asap.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
haha. I got ya covered, guys, I look on ebay almost every day. I don't need another hori but I still look and see what they are going for. I got my green one and now my friends who couldn't touch me in ssb64, are just having that much more trouble. I actually DI now (honestly, I didn't even bother trying before I got my hori pad, because I could just feel the joystick falling apart little by little) , and wow what a difference just having a controller like this makes.

firo

Smash Ace
The only reason why I got it really was to test it with the Raphnet adapter since my other hori doesn't work. If this shares the same fate it may be leaving me at some point.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Is there a Z button on it? It doesn't look like it, because there's only 2 pronged places where you can hold it.

I'm sure I'm mistaken though.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Oh that's pretty cool then. So you can Shield with one and taunt with the other?

sharksquail

Smash Ace
not really, it's set up like this
|_ R_ | |_ L_ |
|_ Z_ | |_ Z_ |
I use the Z button under L for canceling

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
not really, it's set up like this
|_ R_ | |_ L_ |
|_ Z_ | |_ Z_ |
I use the Z button under L for canceling
I do too. It didn't take me long to get used to holding the controller slightly crooked, to get one pointer finger on left Z and the other pointer on R

firo

Smash Ace
Ok so, I received an email from Raphnet today: we finally have a solution that works with the hori pad and doesn't require multiple adapters! Here's some technical information about why the hori doesn't work with other adapters:
http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/gc_n64_usb/index_en.php#5

And here is the page to order an adapter from the raphnet store:
http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_n64_usb_adapters/index.php?category=Adapters

The seller is sending me a new adapter. Anyone who bought an adapter from him for a hori mini pad and had it not work should contact him. This adapter now has the most compatibility out of any one of the n64 to usb adapters.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Heh, so you're the "someone who reported problems"?

Damn, I might have to invest in Hori Mini Pad + one of these adapters now.

firo

Smash Ace
Heh, so you're the "someone who reported problems"?

Damn, I might have to invest in Hori Mini Pad + one of these adapters now.
Why yes, yes I am. I've been in contact with the seller for a while and was about to send him one of my pads for testing but it looks like he found one to use. The support he's been giving is great and I'd highly recommend doing business with him (and the gamecube portion of the adapter works great too, even with my wavebirds).

LLDL

Smash Hero
That's awesome. My multiple adapters have been working fine, but I'd like to test one of these out.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
Ok so, I received an email from Raphnet today: we finally have a solution that works with the hori pad and doesn't require multiple adapters! Here's some technical information about why the hori doesn't work with other adapters:
http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/gc_n64_usb/index_en.php#5

And here is the page to order an adapter from the raphnet store:
http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_n64_usb_adapters/index.php?category=Adapters

The seller is sending me a new adapter. Anyone who bought an adapter from him for a hori mini pad and had it not work should contact him. This adapter now has the most compatibility out of any one of the n64 to usb adapters.
Great work. I was really disappointed when this adapter didn't work. Gonna shoot him an e-mail now.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
finally Firo! I would have never fixed it myself lol. Now, let's talk about buying the extra hori....

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I'm considering to get one of those adapters and a hori-mini right now...
Again, does it work fine?

Waxy

Smash Rookie

firo

Smash Ace
Well I got my adapter today and... big success! The adapter works perfectly with the hori mini. Very highly recommended. Watch out online... (galaxy should be up, by the way)

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
ohhh man

gonna have to get one of these adapters now, thx firo

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Well I got my adapter today and... big success! The adapter works perfectly with the hori mini. Very highly recommended. Watch out online... (galaxy should be up, by the way)
It's seems like I'm almost going for it then lol

sharksquail

Smash Ace
Just got my replacement adapter in the mail and it works perfectly. buy this if you want to use our hori online. Also, his customer service is great.

twhite90

Smash Rookie
I just recieved my hori mini pad and I find that my uairs are extremely hard to pull off without jumping. I was wondering if anybody else had a problem with the up direction to be extremely sensitive.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
You've just got to do u-airs like you do tilts.
Well, that wouldn't be a good idea, since you can buffer for tilts.

But I do FF -> U-airs even with a digital pad (PS1 digital controller) without doing a second jump, so...
It's just a matter of practice.

Robsta

Smash Ace
Has anyone bought a mini pad from eBay that was used?

There's one new one there but it's pretty expensive.

:phone:

blaze3927

Smash Ace
im getting 3 used ones sent from japan soon, i can currently buy a new in box one from their for 3500 yen plus shipping.
ebay=/= over priced

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
hmmmm

i ordered one about 3 weeks ago and it hasnt come...

must look at the site, see if theres a tracker or something...

"Ordering: Note: Due to the Lockout at Canada Post, we are currently unable to ship. If the situation persists, we will have no other choice than to start offering alternative carriers but they are very expensive. Order may still be placed and will be prepared normally. (*)"

freaking canadians

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Must be REALLY messing with you >_>

I wanna throw rocks every time i seen those fools standing outside the post office screamin "$26 an hour aint enough to walk around town all day!!!!"

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
finally my green hori arrived today!
and it's awesome. you have to get used to the feeling of the stick.
after some tries you'll get into it!
the stick is smooth like butter <3

Top Bottom