• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hope vs. G&W?

Muh

Smash Rookie
I've heard many people say that G&W's Dthrow to Dsmash is inescapable for Lucas....BUT

Using the concept of extra-inch DI, I've been able to consistantly escape my friend's Dthrow to Dsmash combo. I simply start holding the C-stick(which is set to smashes. Not sure if that matters) in the direction I intend to tech roll before the down-throw is complete. As long as the tech roll is successful, I've safely avoided the Dsmash EVERY time.

As a disclaimer, my friend is not the best G&W, and I think it would be best if this was thoroughly tested before I start claiming this works definitively.

Get to testing fellow Lucas players! (or if this has already been confirmed/denied, let me know)

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
His Air game is destruction,
He shuts down our PK everything including gimping PKT2,
His smashes are fast and kill at dumb percentages,
His tilts are better than ours.

its just bad news :(

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I think PK Fire will hit the turtle and explode, thus hitting G&W.
Say, is there anything Gay man watch can do after you shield his bair?

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
he can probably turn and grab or hit ur with a tilt.
and teching the dthrow is deffinetly not inescapable for lucas. it's been known among lucas players.
lol it was a g+w that taught me how to tech

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Don't use Nair as a approach... Game and Watch's Turtle nullifies almost all horizontal approaches on him. You'll have better luck with full hopped approaching Dair.

Galeon

Smash Ace
It is you can escape it but the best advice is don't get grabbed. I hate hearing it myself but it is true Lol.
I hear this sometimes but for GW, I'd much rather tech his 5% down throw than risk getting hit by just about any of his moves. And I'd rather be in grab range than bair range but that's just me.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
What does teching the throw mean? Im guessing you role out as he's going to Dsmash so you're invulnerable as he hits? Or is it something else entirely.

cutter

Smash Champion
What does teching the throw mean? Im guessing you role out as he's going to Dsmash so you're invulnerable as he hits? Or is it something else entirely.
You press L/R just before you get slammed into the ground which lets you immediately roll and always escape the Dsmash. If you played Melee, teching was like second nature.

If you could tech Melee Fox's Dthrow, you can tech GW's Dthrow.

Neb

Smash Lord
*Confused.

I use fthrow, bthrow, uthrow, and dthrow.
And a tech scenario has never occurred for me.
You guys must be kidding.

Levitas

the moon
The trick is to highlight text as you read it.

And I have teched a G&W fthrow off the windmill, though yeah, it's not anything other than REALLY situational.

Top Bottom