• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hope for lost veterans? Return of the clones? First smash to bring back a character two games ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
This is the first smash brothers to bring back a veteran from two games ago. Maybe the smash team will bring Roy, Pichu, and Young Link back in the next game. Although Mewtwo seem less likely, as he is not a clone.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Doc was only brought back because it's likely he was in the same situation as Lucina: an initially intended alt that got expanded to a character.

If that didn't happen this time with Roy I doubt it will in the future (unless he gets another game or a remake), and as Mewtwo is an original character, this situation doesn't really apply to him.

WaveDashCash

Smash Apprentice
Dr. Mario was probably just included because since he's already THAT similar to Mario, he required a lot less work than the other lost veterans. Toon Link is basically Young Link, Marth's moveset can partially incorporate Roy, and Pichu was just generally unnecessary to begin with.

My main man Mewtwo though...would have required some extra retooling to not only make him slightly disntinct from Lucario but also to perhaps incorporate his X and Y mega form. I'm sure they considered him, but he was probably edged out by some STIFF COMPETITON.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Not that I support the idea of more clones. Just throwing the idea out there. I would love to see them again though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom