• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Honorable Mention of SWF in [ Strategy Guide ]

Cheezball

Smash Ace
Holy s***! This just isn't honorable, this is above honor! I guess Nintendo knows about our community! This community must be known by all people who have SSBB(The ones that read the guide)! Great news! Yes, it is too bad that we will have a lot of newbies entering here and most likely spamming the boards.

Faith

Smash Apprentice
Holy s***! This just isn't honorable, this is above honor! I guess Nintendo knows about our community! This community must be known by all people who have SSBB(The ones that read the guide)! Great news! Yes, it is too bad that we will have a lot of newbies entering here and most likely spamming the boards.
It's the Prima Guide not the Official Nintendo one ;<

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Prima Guide? Not so great. Still great. But if Sakurai awknowledged SWF that'd be amazing. BTW, I don't think I'm a vet yet.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Yah I know :p Most games don't get official guides from creators anyway. Prima do a hell of a lot.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else think "After me, the deluge" on this? There's going to be a whole lot of lurkers/newbies coming up soon.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
OH so there's finally a strategy guide? I might buy it if in the trophy/sticker/etc checklist is good.

And as an FYI, Nintendo Power wrote an article about SmashBoards and talked to Gideon. We've also had a Nintendo employee post here and the 2nd Nintendo World Tournament took input from the community here.

Micahc

Smash Ace
Oh crap, this is gonna suck...

TIRES DON EXITS!!

and

ITEMZ 4 TORNIMENTZZZ!

threads are gonna pop up EVERYWHERE.

Fox McCl0ud

Smash Apprentice
I will confirm that it does say that. It is under the character guide section on page 133.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You know whats funny? Read the guide and his use of casual/competitive when he talks about character strategies. He even mentions that Hyrule Tempe is banned in tournaments!

The guy who wrote it apparently works as a writer for the CGS in addition to other writing jobs. Mad props, he didn't get everything right and some of the advanced strategies are just downright newbish (he mentions using Firefox as an attack), but he should get an A for effort for even attempting to dwell into Smashboards/the tournament scene.

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty cool, but...this place is gonna swarm with a bunch noobies soon.

Top Bottom