• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Home of the ROBSquad - R.O.B. Social Thread

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well, this is way too late but ya, I could have some matches anytime. Just add me as a friend, NNID: ROBnWatch. What time zone are you in, to make planning easier?

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
After playing some matches with Mister Eric I think my love for R.O.B. is starting to be ignited again.
I have actually been playing him a bit lately, might use him more. Right now probably my 4th or 5th most used character climbing up to 3rd most used. We'll see where he goes from there with me ([^ ^]

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
R.O.B. and Mega Man beat out Villager and Olimar 54% to 46%! Yay!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Awesome! I dislike pillager so I took this one serious haha I hope Rob is in other conquests soon
Killager dislikes you too...

Lol, I'm kidding. He's my 4th main. But if I had to choose between him and R.O.B. (which I did have to for this conquest), well...I think we all know who I would pick...

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Oh speaking of Smash, my NNID is edpuga, so when the update finishes downloading (hopefully today) we can finally fight
OK sweet. I dunno if I'll be able to battle today, but we should definitely battle sometime soon. What time zone do you live in, to make planning easier?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
OK. I will. Least I know you're 3 hours behind me now. (By the way, as you may have seen by now, I'm not much of a competitive player, just starting it. I may not be the best opponent ever).

Last edited:

Lizard_Buttock

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1925-1807
So we were unchanged in the update yet again.
When will senpai Sakurai notice us?

T0MMY

Smash Master
R.O.B. and Mega Man beat out Villager and Olimar 54% to 46%! Yay!
I had a (small) part in that victory ([^ ^]

Although I feel like I'd be a very good R.O.B. in this generation of Smash I don't think I'd be considered #1 in the country like I was before. There's just some kind of magic fuel missing in my burners, it might just be due to my life being so beeped up around the end of Brawl where I'm still trying to get things back together or it might just be a different game that's I have to play differently. Not sure, but I do know that not having my beautiful NES R.O.B.s with me anymore doesn't help any... looking forward to the R.O.B. amiibo!

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
'Daddy' Sakurai/ Mashpotato/whatever else people call him noticed us once!...and it wasn't in a good way ;-; RIP old uthrow.

I also contributed to that Conquest, like 13 points thanks to FG dubs.

Breadbot

Smash Cadet

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Yeah, I heard about that. I'm really hoping I can get my hands on a USA ROB 'miibo through this offer since there's practically no other way I'll be able to find one running a decent pricetag if I don't. I'll have to pay for two extra amiibo that I really wasn't planning on getting, but hey, retro characters are cool, and the more the merrier, I guess. Either way, it's probably anyone's best shot at acquiring ROB, at least here in the states.

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Looks like I will be preordering for a 3-pack then...
Looking forward to getting a R.O.B. to play with me, wonder if he'll work with the Gyromite Virtual Console game, haha.

Breadbot

Smash Cadet
keep an eye on 8/8 with other retailers though, I feel preorders for ROB are gonna start to pop up in other places on that date or around that time

I'm also watching for you bots, the moment I know I will tell you all ([OuO]
may as well call me amiibot now~

1FC0

Smash Lord
Looks like I will be preordering for a 3-pack then...
Looking forward to getting a R.O.B. to play with me, wonder if he'll work with the Gyromite Virtual Console game, haha.
I think that you need a CRT TV to use R.O.B.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I need the Famicom colored one, it's so much better. Thankfully that's the only one that I should have to order online.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
After playing some matches with Mister Eric I think my love for R.O.B. is starting to be ignited again.
I have actually been playing him a bit lately, might use him more. Right now probably my 4th or 5th most used character climbing up to 3rd most used. We'll see where he goes from there with me ([^ ^]
Then my EVO trip was worth it <3

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Pacific time zone :) I am free for the next 3 weeks so let me know
Im also able to battle too! Add my NNID: Lochinator anytime you want. Also I'm on East Standard Time so you are 3 hours behind me. I won't be able to play today but tomorrow and every other day I should be able to battle at 5:00 pm EST.

Lizard_Buttock

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1925-1807
So is the rectangle on ROB's chest(?) part of his face or is it his body? I've never been able to tell.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I'm pretty sure R.O.B.'s face is that headpiece with the eyes. Everything below that is body, spine, and arms. And at the bottom is the base.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
It was nice meeting up with you guys, see you tomorrow at noon!

Edit: Also Robot, did you buy the DLC mii plaza games just for the R.O.B hat? That's what I did lol.

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master

Edit: Also Robot, did you buy the DLC mii plaza games just for the R.O.B hat? That's what I did lol.
Oh, is that how you get it? I am so mad I don't have the R.O.B. hat and din't know where to get it... I guess as a Mii Brawler main I should get those games... and as a former R.O.B. main I should get them even more, haha.

I wish I could have gone to the SmashCon, but I don't travel to the east coast anymore. Bad time not to travel, I feel like west coast is getting shafted with events/tournaments, we don't have anything big except Evo which kind of just added salt to the wounds.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Can someone post a picture of the R.O.B. hat? I want to make sure Iike it before I get it (though as a R.O.B. main, I probably will). Plus, I don't have much money on my eShop card, and I honestly dunno how to get the hat.

In other words, someone please post a picture of it along with what I need to do to get it. Thanks!

Breadbot

Smash Cadet

Yes

Can someone post a picture of the R.O.B. hat? I want to make sure Iike it before I get it (though as a R.O.B. main, I probably will). Plus, I don't have much money on my eShop card, and I honestly dunno how to get the hat.

In other words, someone please post a picture of it along with what I need to do to get it. Thanks!
Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 12.44.04 AM.png

1 plaza ticket and the hat stock changes daily, from what I remember, ROB is day 31, idk if it changed, I got my ROB hat like a year ago

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
You need to use one of the tickets to buy the hat. Monster Manor, Warriors Way, and Mii Force all give tickets.

Xeak

Smash Rookie
NNID
XeakSteels
Hey guys, I guess I should finally formally introduce myself here! I'm Xeak! You may have seen me posting in the Sheik match up thread. I picked up ROB in brawl about three years ago. I was a Marth main before then though not competitive. I don't really know how I discovered my love for our robot but he just kind of clicked. I had avoided playing him since he was my younger brother's favorite character so I never got much game time playing him.

Anyway, I began my career attending two monthlies for brawl. I didn't do too hot as far as placement goes but I did manage to put Firefly, a very well known Yoshi, into losers my second time around. He put me in losers the first time =P. I've attended every monthly in my area since Wii U released as well as a number of other events. My first monthly I lost to Big D round 1 but much further down the bracket I knocked Bladewise out which was a huge upset. I was super excited to be performing well and ready to be a part of the scene! These days I am happy to consider myself in the top 8 of WA and always striving to put ROB on the map!

My other characters are Rosalina whom I played mostly on 3DS, even moreso than ROB, and Pit who I mostly use for doubles and when I'm not feeling the robot. I like to play almost the entire cast though and try to be proficient with everyone even if not at tournament level. I get a lot of amusement introducing myself at venues as my name is also Rob =D.

Nice to meet you all!

P.S. Oh god, Tommy I didn't know you were so active here! And I was just getting comfortable only having one other strong tournament ROB nearby.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Yes

View attachment 67450
1 plaza ticket and the hat stock changes daily, from what I remember, ROB is day 31, idk if it changed, I got my ROB hat like a year ago
You need to use one of the tickets to buy the hat. Monster Manor, Warriors Way, and Mii Force all give tickets.
OK thanks.

Hey guys, I guess I should finally formally introduce myself here! I'm Xeak! You may have seen me posting in the Sheik match up thread. I picked up ROB in brawl about three years ago. I was a Marth main before then though not competitive. I don't really know how I discovered my love for our robot but he just kind of clicked. I had avoided playing him since he was my younger brother's favorite character so I never got much game time playing him.

Anyway, I began my career attending two monthlies for brawl. I didn't do too hot as far as placement goes but I did manage to put Firefly, a very well known Yoshi, into losers my second time around. He put me in losers the first time =P. I've attended every monthly in my area since Wii U released as well as a number of other events. My first monthly I lost to Big D round 1 but much further down the bracket I knocked Bladewise out which was a huge upset. I was super excited to be performing well and ready to be a part of the scene! These days I am happy to consider myself in the top 8 of WA and always striving to put ROB on the map!

My other characters are Rosalina whom I played mostly on 3DS, even moreso than ROB, and Pit who I mostly use for doubles and when I'm not feeling the robot. I like to play almost the entire cast though and try to be proficient with everyone even if not at tournament level. I get a lot of amusement introducing myself at venues as my name is also Rob =D.

Nice to meet you all!

P.S. Oh god, Tommy I didn't know you were so active here! And I was just getting comfortable only having one other strong tournament ROB nearby.
Welcome!

Last edited:
Top Bottom