• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy ****, I think that I just broke us.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I think that I've found a way to wobble an opponent from 0%. Note, I just thought of this about 5 minutes ago so I haven't had time to adequately test this on humans. Anyways, on to the good stuff....

To do this you do your sfandard grab and tap A, making you headbutt and Nana jab. IMMEDIATELY after pressing A, hold diagonally down AWAY from the enemy. Put the stick in one of the corners for the best results. After this is done, pressing A will make Popo headbutt and Nana jab-cancel, which makes her initial jab HELLA fast. With proper timing, the opponent will stay locked in Popo's mittens until you decide to let go, I think. Try jab-cancelling with both twins so that you get a feel for their timing.

Try it out on humans and tell me how it works. But as it stands, I think that I broke us. >_> <_<

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I would think a jab doesn't have enough stun to wobble with; would be surprised if this does work.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
when you jab and crouch right after, it cancels the lag after the jab so you can do another quick move right away.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
By holding diagonally down in the opposite direction that you're facing, you won't have to repeatedly press down.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I'm going to have agree with this very possibly not working...

I'll give it a shot/wait to hear more about it from someone who tires it but I don't think it'll work.

On top of that, yu rarely see a grab happen at 0% anyway so hitting them twice to get them to ~40% and then grabbing wouldn't be any more difficult really...

but if it works, cool, we can cheap a stock off the bat, haha

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Well, I haven't tried it on a human yet(we've all been busy playing Mario Strikers Charged) but I was screwing around on the computer last night and I managed to 0-50% them before I screwed up my timing. Timing the jabs to go as rapidly as they can without getting the second jab is tough for me. I don't know if that's worthy of noting because it IS just the computer but that may say something.

Off topic- Strikers is too good!!

Binx

Smash Master
computers dont really break grabs well, besides at 0 percent a human could mash out before you can jab, you have to throw almost immediately, albeit most people wont do this, but it isnt hard if they predict the grab.

DRGN

Technowizard
Delphiki here

No, against pretty much anyone you can get in one jab then a throw.

Lixiv is probably right - the jab has a lot less stun than the F-tilt.

Let's look at the frame data.

Jab hits on frame 4, interrupts at 16.

F-tilt hits on frame 6, interrupts at 28 (of 31)

So you'd hit at 4, 20, 36......or 6, 34, 62.

Anyone have the hitlag data?

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
Delphiki here

No, against pretty much anyone you can get in one jab then a throw.

Lixiv is probably right - the jab has a lot less stun than the F-tilt.

Let's look at the frame data.

Jab hits on frame 4, interrupts at 16.

F-tilt hits on frame 6, interrupts at 28 (of 31)

So you'd hit at 4, 20, 36......or 6, 34, 62.

Anyone have the hitlag data?

people i play break out of grabs almost immediately. They mash on the cstick/control stick. You can see them changing their positions and everything. theres no time to jab unless they are at a higher percent. I want to play the people YOU are playing. lolz

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
You can definitely break out of grabs at 0% before getting hit with the headbutt. Should be able to break out quite a bit after 0% in fact.

I think you can break out all the way to 40%, but hardly anyone is that fast, so 20% is more realistic.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
The HEADBUTT hits way later than the JAB. The jab comes out in what, 3 frames? Nodoby can struggle out that quick. Trust me, the people I play against are good. 'Nuff said.

Also, since they would get hit with 2 jabs, that's several frames of hitlag, which Popo doesn't get, in effect decreasing the time they have to struggle out, and also increasing their percent and how many button presses they need to escape. Don't presume.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
it doesnt work. i have tried it before in one of my many sandbagging games. i dont even play the IC's and i did it. the opponent has to be atleast above 30 which shouldnt be a problem. hello there delphiki ^^

Binx

Smash Master
The HEADBUTT hits way later than the JAB. The jab comes out in what, 3 frames? Nodoby can struggle out that quick. Trust me, the people I play against are good. 'Nuff said.

Also, since they would get hit with 2 jabs, that's several frames of hitlag, which Popo doesn't get, in effect decreasing the time they have to struggle out, and also increasing their percent and how many button presses they need to escape. Don't presume.
I wasn't thinking of the jab stun, good point and yes I meant headbutt not jab lols. If you predict a grab and roll the control stick and mash really fast you can break out at 0 without much problem against any grab ive seen, maybe ICs could do it just because of the jab stun.

Top Bottom