• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hocotate meets Koppai! +1

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
More tournaments from me, and I've been getting better lately (though work schedule makes it difficult to really commit hard). These are the latest two:

-Placed 3rd of 45 at my own tournament.
Bloodcross' Fox knocked me out in Winners Finals, and Craftis' Sonic scooped me up in Losers Finals.​
-Placed 9th of 48.
Sent to losers R1 due to Craftis' Sonic, but I did pretty well. Climbed through losers but got sloppy against a Megaman and made it just shy of Top8.​

In the v1 of the NH Power Rankings I'm placed #1 currently, but the scene is new and growing so it's subject to change, especially as the several tournaments of June hit.

I'm going to be playing more as the summer hits, so I'll let you guys know how my sIcKnAsTy Olimar progresses through these tournaments. Wish me luck, bros <3

Last edited:

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Ok guys. This is my first post in the Olimar boards. When I first picked up Smash 4 the first thing I did was play Olimar, my brawl main. I only had three pikmin. They seemed to be less durable. I said some horrible things like:

"Don't know how you can do it. Sm4sh Olimar is unbelievably bad. I love Pikmin, and loved Brawlimar, but the new version is just.... ugh."

After Olimar was put pretty high in a tier list:

"My disagreements with this list are as follows: Olimar is way too high."

And finally why I didn't like him:

"Up smash got nerfed (seems to not be as wide or tall), plus no DACUS. Only three pikmin that are much easier to kill makes it too easy to not have two for a down smash. Jab combo damage cut in half. F-smash at edge doesn't throw pikmin over the edge (I think this is worse because you only do that if you mean to if you are any good). Uair is totally gimped for damage compared to the multihit version. Way less super armor [frames] when doing a down b."

I'm here to say that was dumb and I realize now that Olimar has changed but he is still awesome. I don't know how I didn't see it before.

So, I'd just like to say hi to you guys. I expect to be somewhat active on this board.

With that, where do you guys keep your frame data and ko % the stuff? The thinkaman thread and dantarion dumps are super hard to read for olimar. I saw the guide had at least the percent damage stuff in it. Thanks!

Ikenna Ezechukwu

Smash Rookie
Ok guys. This is my first post in the Olimar boards. When I first picked up Smash 4 the first thing I did was play Olimar, my brawl main. I only had three pikmin. They seemed to be less durable. I said some horrible things like:

"Don't know how you can do it. Sm4sh Olimar is unbelievably bad. I love Pikmin, and loved Brawlimar, but the new version is just.... ugh."

After Olimar was put pretty high in a tier list:

"My disagreements with this list are as follows: Olimar is way too high."

And finally why I didn't like him:

"Up smash got nerfed (seems to not be as wide or tall), plus no DACUS. Only three pikmin that are much easier to kill makes it too easy to not have two for a down smash. Jab combo damage cut in half. F-smash at edge doesn't throw pikmin over the edge (I think this is worse because you only do that if you mean to if you are any good). Uair is totally gimped for damage compared to the multihit version. Way less super armor [frames] when doing a down b."

I'm here to say that was dumb and I realize now that Olimar has changed but he is still awesome. I don't know how I didn't see it before.

So, I'd just like to say hi to you guys. I expect to be somewhat active on this board.

With that, where do you guys keep your frame data and ko % the stuff? The thinkaman thread and dantarion dumps are super hard to read for olimar. I saw the guide had at least the percent damage stuff in it. Thanks!
Olimar was also my Brawl main fighter and when I transitioned to Smash 4, I thought he was too horrible to be viable. As I played as him some more online, maybe as a joke, I eventually learned to like him for what he and the Pikmin are currently capable of now in this game. That and Moon Monkey's entertaining Olimar videos helped out.

TheWorstMuppet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheWorstMuppet
3DS FC
1332-8277-4239
Wow! Guess I wasn't alone thinking Olimar was a shadow of his former self. I regret thinking that so much. I've been playing him more now and I am falling in love again. Even though my main will always be Duck Hunt, I really wanna pick up Olimar as a co-main. Whether thats a good idea or not remains to be seen.

Heck I wouldn't say no to some sparring practice sometime!

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
As a former Olimar main. At first he was really weird to use in Smash 4. In brawl he was tons of fun and I main him along with Wario back in Brawl. However the more I play with him in Smash 4 the more I realize he aint that bad. I probably won't main him again since I'm more focussed on Wario and Pac-Man. But I still like to use him for fun whenever I can.

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
These are some of my favorite Support Olimar Miiverse posts. (Each have a link to their page.)

Of course, there seems to be quite the number of people being jerks about Olimar/Alph in that little community, but pay them no significant heed and just laugh on the inside for their ignorant hatred.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
These are some of my favorite Support Olimar Miiverse posts. (Each have a link to their page.)

Of course, there seems to be quite the number of people being jerks about Olimar/Alph in that little community, but pay them no significant heed and just laugh on the inside for their ignorant hatred.
Awesome, already voted :D .

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Hey guys just wanted to let you know I'm gonna be streaming tonight at 8pm EST to try and raise money to make it to CEO. I'll be doing viewer battles and all that stuff so stop by if you wanna play or chat! http://www.twitch.tv/myranssb

Last edited:

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Hey guys just wanted to let you know I'm gonna be streaming tonight at 8pm EST to try and raise money to make it to CEO. I'll be doing viewer battles and all that stuff so stop by if you wanna play or chat! http://www.twitch.tv/myranssb
Damn a good chance to play with you and I can't.. I really wished I could help you, by assisting or by donating.
Maybe next time :( ...

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
All good man, don't feel bad or anything. I'll be streaming in the future.
I'm attending a tourney this Saturday and it would have been awesome if you could correct some of my mistakes, so that's why I thought it was the perfect situation.
Keep us informed when you are going to twitch again :D.

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
Hello Olimar mains........So it seems pretty scarce in here, but this is my first time on this specific area of the boards. I was a Brawlimar much like many of you and was put off by some of the nerfs. But I'm back with a vengeance.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Hey guys, I'm glad for telling you this: I attended a tournament today, my third one, and sadly but proudly I finished on 5th position, not bad in my opinion, but I couldn't improve my last position (5th place too).
I participated on singles and doubles, I finished 5th on singles and 2nd on doubles, but doubles were only 5 or 6 team, so isn't a great thing really :(.
They recorded some match that I will upload here so you guys can help me out.
I lost against a Luigi (which ended 2nd place) 2-1 and against a Mario-Mii Brawler (which ended 3rd place) 2-1.
I'm glad for this because many people told me I have some potential :D.

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
Hello olimar board!
I have a friend who sadly doubts olimar's abilities :p personally I think he's really good and picked him up in this game because I liked how quickly he can wrack up damage. Do you guys have any strong video evidence proving how good olimar is? I was gonna show him RichBrown, Coco, and Logic just to let you know what I'm already doing.

Flawlessh

Smash Cadet
Hello olimar board!
I have a friend who sadly doubts olimar's abilities :p personally I think he's really good and picked him up in this game because I liked how quickly he can wrack up damage. Do you guys have any strong video evidence proving how good olimar is? I was gonna show him RichBrown, Coco, and Logic just to let you know what I'm already doing.
Best example of olimar's abilities, and this one video is the reason i STARTED TO PLAY olimar, and now olimar is my main.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPbDKDUFUNs

when dabuz was at a 0-2 deficient from rosa vs pre patch diddy at apex 2015 vs m2k, switching to olimar to come back and win 3-2.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Olimar players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Olimar and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

Alph Aran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlphSquad
This Miiverse post shows how it feels to main pretty much the least popular fighter in the game. Looks nice. (Image has link)

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
I made a drawing for my profile pic here on the forums. Took me a few days in Photoshop. Unfortunately, the bottom part of the drawing was cut off.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
new Michigan PR out! I moved up 1 spot, despite Ally hopping on at #1
here's the image:

Last edited:

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
I just got a zero to death on ZeRo's Captain Falcon on his stream... and he still beat me.

He entered a 1v1 For Glory tourney, so I entered and we met in Finals. In his defense, it wasn't a great connection. I was doing well, but he spiked my first stock. Then he got me in the air at 26% on my second stock, and I ended up taking 50+ in damage because I lost my jump somewhere and I couldn't land.

I lost when I tried a spacing move where I do a down smash to try to shrink my hurtbox underneath his Falcon bair while catching his landing with the dsmash. Unfortunately, ZeRo is too good, even on Wifi, and his bair smacked me and I lost. Need to lab my clutch factor.

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Just updated my guide with a bunch of new info if anyone is looking to read on up some stuff. This time it has gifs!

Also just got my capture card in the mail. Which means I'll be streaming a lot more. First stream is happening 9/3 around 1-2 pm est.

Last edited:

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Hey guys just want to share my happiness with you.
Finally I won a tournament :D, ran at my house XD.
Was a very short tournament (8 entrance only) but I'm making some good progress with our boy Olimar / Alph.
I'm kind of proud of myself :p.

Thanks for your help guys and I will keep trying to get better.

Here is the bracket http://challonge.com/es/tatakokenz

StripedNinja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StripedNinja
Hey guys just want to share my happiness with you.
Finally I won a tournament :D, ran at my house XD.
Was a very short tournament (8 entrance only) but I'm making some good progress with our boy Olimar / Alph.
I'm kind of proud of myself :p.
Awesome! Represent!
If you're playing Alph though plz stop gross Alph=trash tier OGlimar 4ever

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Thank you StripedNinja StripedNinja for your words :D.
Here I am again to let you guys know about my tiny progress.

I ended 2nd after be defeated twice against the winner's Sheik.
I came to realize is a mental block I have against Sheik. The player is very very good anyway but I screwed up my mind by saying "I'm not sure how to fight" so that was starting with a low morale.
I won 1 from 6 fights we had. He's a very good player anyway, ranked top 50 (he is 7th) in my country, so I have a lot of work to do and a lot of training.

Here is the bracket
http://challonge.com/es/MadDogSingles

Here are top 50 of Chile. (I am 50, yey! xD)
http://goo.gl/IIysdE

As you can see I'm the only Olimar Main at the top 50 so I will try my best to keep going up :D.

Go Olimars/Alphs :D

Slashster

Smash Rookie
Thank you StripedNinja StripedNinja for your words :D.
Here I am again to let you guys know about my tiny progress.

I ended 2nd after be defeated twice against the winner's Sheik.
I came to realize is a mental block I have against Sheik. The player is very very good anyway but I screwed up my mind by saying "I'm not sure how to fight" so that was starting with a low morale.
I won 1 from 6 fights we had. He's a very good player anyway, ranked top 50 (he is 7th) in my country, so I have a lot of work to do and a lot of training.

Here is the bracket
http://challonge.com/es/MadDogSingles

Here are top 50 of Chile. (I am 50, yey! xD)
http://goo.gl/IIysdE

As you can see I'm the only Olimar Main at the top 50 so I will try my best to keep going up :D.

Go Olimars/Alphs :D
You are my hero. Seriously, I aspire to be as good as you one day. ^^

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Last edited:

Slashster

Smash Rookie
Thank you, but here at the forum you will find better players like Angbad Angbad Myran Myran @Soulimar Blue Banana Blue Banana @-The Gucci Fairy- F Freezie KO @Mr Moosebones and so many others that I can't remember right now.
Please learn everything you can here and make us proud with your improvements and some news :D.
I plan to post videos of matches I have soon, win or lose. I just need to ask some people I mainly play with in this skype group if they're fine with it, considering I rarely play on FG. I've only really seen a few of your and Myran Myran matches and such. But I dunno, I really like your matches =P

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
I appreciate it, but I really don't think I should be mentioned. I haven't really done anything substantial in terms of performance.
Maybe not performance but helped to have another point of view sometimes in discussion or situations. Or even publishing some of your results at labs with Olimar. Also you have helped giving opinions and recommendations at the video thread.
I think that it's important as well :D.

Maybe the word was "great players" instead of "better"?

I plan to post videos of matches I have soon, win or lose. I just need to ask some people I mainly play with in this skype group if they're fine with it, considering I rarely play on FG. I've only really seen a few of your and Myran Myran matches and such. But I dunno, I really like your matches =P
I appreciate it, thank you ^^.

Do it on the video thread so we can give you commentaries :).

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I'm always down to answer questions if you have them! Just feel free to ask, and if I don't answer others here will. We have a nice smaller community full of helpful people.

Flawlessh

Smash Cadet
I'm always down to answer questions if you have them! Just feel free to ask, and if I don't answer others here will. We have a nice smaller community full of helpful people.
QUESTION TIME BOI, ROUND 1

One of the only capable people in my region is always dead-on getting that 2 frame ledge snap punish, most of the time he plays fox / lil mac, so what will be a good way on getting to the ledge / stage? (all he does is attempt to get people airbourne then read there landing, as olimar has no viable landing options i just go to the ledge and get punished by a d-smash)

StripedNinja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StripedNinja
QUESTION TIME BOI, ROUND 1

One of the only capable people in my region is always dead-on getting that 2 frame ledge snap punish, most of the time he plays fox / lil mac, so what will be a good way on getting to the ledge / stage? (all he does is attempt to get people airbourne then read there landing, as olimar has no viable landing options i just go to the ledge and get punished by a d-smash)
The whistle can be a very useful landing option against both those characters, although be wary of Fox's up air as it's 2 hits and pretty tough to whistle through reliably.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Striped said it well, you can try whistling or baiting an attack on stage by looking like you'll land, but using up-b into an aerial to punish his whiff.

Top Bottom