• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hoboz' CSP Garage

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
So, I decide to finally experimenting with customizing my build of P:M, and I've been feeling really productive lately, so I started to work on my very first CSP!

This one is based on Ike's pose from Sm4ash.

Here it is, click the image below for the Dropbox.
I left the Animation I used to make this model in here for anyone who wants to improve on it or make their own. I don't know when or if I'll be making more of these so I figured I'd throw an extra bone.

Shoutout to Taiko's guide.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
So, I decide to finally experimenting with customizing my build of P:M, and I've been feeling really productive lately, so I started to work on my very first CSP!

This one is based on Ike's pose from Sm4ash.

Here it is, click the image below for the Dropbox.

I left the Animation I used to make this model in here for anyone who wants to improve on it or make their own. I don't know when or if I'll be making more of these so I figured I'd throw an extra bone.

Shoutout to Taiko's guide.
Oh wow, this is amazing! I need to learn how to do this myself, also thanks for the animation as well! I wanted to create a CSP in Smash4 Style but this does the job really well, are you planning to do others? I'm looking to create custom ones for my build so this helps really nicely thanks! Will Credit as well!

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Oh wow, this is amazing! I need to learn how to do this myself, also thanks for the animation as well! I wanted to create a CSP in Smash4 Style but this does the job really well, are you planning to do others? I'm looking to create custom ones for my build so this helps really nicely thanks! Will Credit as well!
Well, considering you're asking me, I'm more inclined to want to do more. I only have made some alt. Costume CSPs (Metal Sonic, Hallowed Hero, and Deku Link) just for my own personal build.

That's a cool idea to make a CSP pack based off the Sm4sh poses. Hrm..I'll get on it as soon as I'm feeling up to it and post them up here as I finish them.

I'll keep supplying the animations as well.

MagicManNo9

Well, considering you're asking me, I'm more inclined to want to do more. I only have made some alt. Costume CSPs (Metal Sonic, Hallowed Hero, and Deku Link) just for my own personal build.

That's a cool idea to make a CSP pack based off the Sm4sh poses. Hrm..I'll get on it as soon as I'm feeling up to it and post them up here as I finish them.

I'll keep supplying the animations as well.
Ohhhh if you can that would perfect, I was tweeking around and messing about with the settings and attempted a version of Link and different lighting settings with Ike and got these:

Didn't realise how much fun this was, takes time but ohhhh so good, I'm glad you did that Ike pose, thank you so much!

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
I tried. Link
EDIT: Reason it's so dark is because I just cropped a screenshot from BrawlBox's Model Viewer.

Last edited:

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
You'll want to mess with the Environmental Lighting in BrawlBox before the screenshot.

Another thing I did after taking the screen shot was adding some shading using GIMP/Photoshop. It's actually really simple if you understand how the program works. (Shout to Taiko for this particular trick) You'll want to make layers which you brush white over areas on the CSP you want brighter, then set the layer to soft light.

I'm currently working a Mario Sm4sh CSP, fyi.

Last edited:

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Double Post, but I have completed the Mario CSP for y'all to use.

Click above and enjoy. Sorry, no animation this time because of a major screw up, I probably won't be able to replicate this Mario exactly either. I didn't make Doc in this mix cause I felt Doc deserves his own CSP. If you all want me to put Doc in this, tell me now though and I'll add it.

Edit: Thanks to Damonji (sorry if you wanted to go all the way with the Yoshi) I've completed Yoshi also really quickly. I editted the animations a bit, so I re-included in it this pack.

Last edited:

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
This one was a bit difficult and I'm not even sure if I'm satisfied with it, but I figured it was good enough for now until I figure out how to shrink Kirby's mouth.

By the way, the reason the animations aren't exactly one for ones with my CSPs is because I move around the Hip Bone to get certain angles. Probably not the smartest idea, but its easy.

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

This one was a bit difficult and I'm not even sure if I'm satisfied with it, but I figured it was good enough for now until I figure out how to shrink Kirby's mouth.

By the way, the reason the animations aren't exactly one for ones with my CSPs is because I move around the Hip Bone to get certain angles. Probably not the smartest idea, but its easy.
I like it, whenever I deal with certain CSP's I just Photoshop the mouth, though learning to shrink it in brawl box is the more efficient way.

Oh yeah! I forgot to add Link's pose, here I'll upload it in case anyone wants to edit it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfn9jo37v1h66zl/Link Pose.chr0

Damonj17

Smash Apprentice
Double Post, but I have completed the Mario CSP for y'all to use.

Click above and enjoy. Sorry, no animation this time because of a major screw up, I probably won't be able to replicate this Mario exactly either. I didn't make Doc in this mix cause I felt Doc deserves his own CSP. If you all want me to put Doc in this, tell me now though and I'll add it.

Edit: Thanks to Damonji (sorry if you wanted to go all the way with the Yoshi) I've completed Yoshi also really quickly. I editted the animations a bit, so I re-included in it this pack.

I just decided to throw that together(I'm not the best animator in BrawlBox) Just for fun and if you wanted to use it you could modify it. Looks great!

andzrej

Project Z Curator
I like your CSP styles, mind if I use some for my pack?
Also made this pretty quickly :D

Last edited:

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
Wow, this is really good. I can't wait to see more.

Will you be taking requests when you finish all the default characters (which won't be any time soon but still)?

Last edited:

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this is really good. I can't wait to see more.

Will you be taking requests when you finish all the default characters (which won't be any time soon but still)?
That's a possibility, and you can expect it to be a completely new pose if you're requesting an alt.costume over a recolor. I kind of want my CSPs to have the P:M flair of difficult CSPs for the alts.

By the way, currently working on a Doctor Mario. It'll be based on the Medic from TF2. Expect it very soon.

Edit: Finished the Doctor Mario CSP. Here it is!

Last edited:

MagicManNo9

Yo. What if...you did this with the Smash 3 project skins... Dude, you just might win the internet.
I was actually thinking this funny enough, I wonder if the smash 3 project team is planning to do that though, either way it would be awsome.

I actually did Toon Link today in my free time:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3g8lbqqqgcsdz7d/Toon Pose.chr0 Here's a link to the pose if anyone wants it, if any wonders how I did the eyes, I had to do some photoshopping, basically because the eyes are shared with one iris moving them would cause toon link to be cross-eyes, so I took two screen shots of one on the left and one on the right and edited them in,

andzrej

Project Z Curator
if any wonders how I did the eyes, I had to do some photoshopping, basically because the eyes are shared with one iris moving them would cause toon link to be cross-eyes, so I took two screen shots of one on the left and one on the right and edited them in,
Did you mess around with disabling polygons / textures? I had the same problem with Yoshi until I figured out I had to disable one texture and 2 specific polygons in order to get both eyes properly.

MagicManNo9

Did you mess around with disabling polygons / textures? I had the same problem with Yoshi until I figured out I had to disable one texture and 2 specific polygons in order to get both eyes properly.
Yeah, my tip to anyone doing this is that right beforehand before going into preview, check all of the polygons in brawlbox and make notes of specific ones, for example when I got to Toon Link, two of the polygons are yellow eyes and two others are the back shield and sword I made note of which ones they were, cause I had to constantly go back and forth in preview making changes and such.

The yellow ones I believe are the final smash eyes, PM models like Link OOT doesn't have it because they didn't add them in which I thought was pretty damn cool.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Say 'ello to Charizard!

Something I've noticed from working in Brawlbox is that Sm4sh Mario and Charizard must have longer limbs or something. Charizard's tail is really big in Sm4sh compared to Brawl, I couldn't hope to replicate the tail part of this pose perfectly.

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
I was actually thinking this funny enough, I wonder if the smash 3 project team is planning to do that though, either way it would be awsome.

I actually did Toon Link today in my free time:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3g8lbqqqgcsdz7d/Toon Pose.chr0 Here's a link to the pose if anyone wants it, if any wonders how I did the eyes, I had to do some photoshopping, basically because the eyes are shared with one iris moving them would cause toon link to be cross-eyes, so I took two screen shots of one on the left and one on the right and edited them in,
You're a god.

Say 'ello to Charizard!

Something I've noticed from working in Brawlbox is that Sm4sh Mario and Charizard must have longer limbs or something. Charizard's tail is really big in Sm4sh compared to Brawl, I couldn't hope to replicate the tail part of this pose perfectly.
You'd be god #2 if you could do this for every color + Mega X

MagicManNo9

Say 'ello to Charizard!

Oh wow, I really like this Charizard so much!

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Bump, I took another look at Falcon and felt like it wasn't quite up to snuff, so I redid its CSP some so that it fits better. (And isn't so damn large). Doc was also at a ratio of 126 to 160, so I fixed it for 128x160

Here's a spoiler to my next CSP attempt. (Currently unshaded)

Last edited:

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
How do you make these CSPs? I have some skins that I need good looking CSPs for..

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
BrawlBox + GIMP (Photoshop) is all it takes.

1) Pull out a model you want in Brawlbox
2) Create an animation in the model's file
3) Right-click and preview model
4) Select NewCPR (the animation you just 'created')
5) Adjust bones to make the pose you're after
6) Set Environmental Lighting
7) Take Snapshot in Brawlbox

8) Pull out the snapshot in GIMP
9) Apply Shading and other techniques as needed.

Taiko has a guide in BrawlVault on the matter. I mostly do what's detailed in his guide + a little extra, like adjusting Brightness/Contrast and sometimes painting over entire sections in GIMP. Examples are Doctor Mario, Mario, and Falcon. Mario's eyes in Brawlbox I couldn't figure out to not have red bleed everywhere, so I remade them and put them on the layer right above the base picture. For Doc and Falcon, I slightly edited their mouths by airbrushing the skin color over areas I didn't want and then smudging/burning and applying shading and details until I got the shape I wanted. Again, onto a layer right above the base images.

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
BrawlBox + GIMP (Photoshop) is all it takes.

1) Pull out a model you want in Brawlbox
2) Create an animation in the model's file
3) Right-click and preview model
4) Select NewCPR (the animation you just 'created')
5) Adjust bones to make the pose you're after
6) Set Environmental Lighting
7) Take Snapshot in Brawlbox

8) Pull out the snapshot in GIMP
9) Apply Shading and other techniques as needed.

Taiko has a guide in BrawlVault on the matter. I mostly do what's detailed in his guide + a little extra, like adjusting Brightness/Contrast and sometimes painting over entire sections in GIMP. Examples are Doctor Mario, Mario, and Falcon. Mario's eyes in Brawlbox I couldn't figure out to not have red bleed everywhere, so I remade them and put them on the layer right above the base picture. For Doc and Falcon, I slightly edited their mouths by airbrushing the skin color over areas I didn't want and then smudging/burning and applying shading and details until I got the shape I wanted. Again, onto a layer right above the base images.
Thanks for the help, I'll get started on some of my own CSPs. Can you link me to the guide, just so I can have some visual aid?

MagicManNo9

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
I prefer using layers to edit it out, It comes out cleaner when I can edit the images more directly like that, but thanks!

Anyway! I've editted Charizard, Falcon, and Samus after reviewing them in game. They're edited to look prettier in game. And I present to you the alternate Samus!

Kirito-

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheRealKirito
3DS FC
3179-7237-9807
A small request, but can you do Marth next? I really want to see what pose you'll come up with.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm back from a long Vacation (which I didn't want), and I've got a Link pose based off his Soul Calibur appearance!. I'll be making the Twilight Princess variant for this soon enough, but I wanted to show the final results for OoT Link here.

Top Bottom