• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 33: The Road to Apex 2012 and LSCE #5! September 10th 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Updated OP with Waseda Crews as side event just like Nike fest :] it was amazing and really want to try it at my tournaments
FRAK YOU!!!! SF64 3d would be a better side event!!!

btw, would you copy what Nike did and get each player(at hobo 33) to write down their phone number so we can text them about future events?

i'm gonna try and make this w/a full carpool from sa. would you be able to house me friday and (possibly) saturday night, sync?
yea please bring as many people as possible. i want this LSC event to beat the previously biggest LSC event(hobo 32).

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
No RC or Brinstar? What a bland stage list. :<

Sync.

Smash Champion
Oh I didn't see your text Allan! Eh I think it'd be better with crews anyway because of how much everyone loved and not many people have 3DS's. If they were more common then yes unless enough people post saying they'll play.

Yes I will. I'm going to try and make my bi-weeklies bigger at Gamestop and do that too Allan. I'm going to host as many tournies at Gamestop until HOBO and advertise the whole time! I'm trying to create a movement of reviving smash in Texas. I talked to Nike about having a redemption bracket at events to give newcomers more goals to reach to. I need everyone's help in advertising and bringing in more people to the scene please! I saw at Nike fest a bunch of new faces and I hope they stay!

Xyro77

Oh I didn't see your text Allan! Eh I think it'd be better with crews anyway because of how much everyone loved and not many people have 3DS's. If they were more common then yes unless enough people post saying they'll play.

Yes I will. I'm going to try and make my bi-weeklies bigger at Gamestop and do that too Allan. I'm going to host as many tournies at Gamestop until HOBO and advertise the whole time! I'm trying to create a movement of reviving smash in Texas. I talked to Nike about having a redemption bracket at events to give newcomers more goals to reach to. I need everyone's help in advertising and bringing in more people to the scene please! I saw at Nike fest a bunch of new faces and I hope they stay!
I feel so dumb. I dont know why ive never did this at the start of brawl. Well i guess it will help out when it comes time for WHOBO 4 and normal HOBOs. If you want a starter list, id recommend going thru the front page of the H thread and going thru your phone.

Wasda crews is fine, its not my tournament this time so i cant do ****.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
To be honest, his friend works at Gamestop, and it so happens that it's a District Gamestop and the manager is nice, so he got super lucky. Fate just dealt him a better hand to work with.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Tbh, waseda crews brought in more hype than I've seen at a regional in a looong time. It was a LOT of fun for everyone it seemed and it was a great time all around. Plus ALL the players of the crew get that small profit, even with how small it is.

Xyro77

To be honest, his friend works at Gamestop, and it so happens that it's a District Gamestop and the manager is nice, so he got super lucky. Fate just dealt him a better hand to work with.
no no i was talking about saving phone numbers from entrants

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Tesh

Smash Hero
Are you and Alex Strife going to clarify what exactly you are banning under infinites. Are we there yet? If I go pokemon trainer against a Ness, am I allowed to do the grab release (*** rapingly effective matchup killer, but not an infinite)? Are we there yet? If I go Pokemon trainer against Bio, is he allowed to regrab my squirtle at all (i think its an infinite....). Or is that what you mean by walking infinites? Can I still dash grab Ness? Can I grab release to jab to grab? are we there yet? You say standing and walking infinites are banned, but what about pivot grabs? Those are actually dashing infinites. Are we there yet? Or does it not count because of tripping? Can I do crouching infinites like dtilt locks?

Please answer all of my questions.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Are you and Alex Strife going to clarify what exactly you are banning under infinites. Are we there yet? If I go pokemon trainer against a Ness, am I allowed to do the grab release (*** rapingly effective matchup killer, but not an infinite)? Are we there yet? If I go Pokemon trainer against Bio, is he allowed to regrab my squirtle at all (i think its an infinite....). Or is that what you mean by walking infinites? Can I still dash grab Ness? Can I grab release to jab to grab? are we there yet? You say standing and walking infinites are banned, but what about pivot grabs? Those are actually dashing infinites. Are we there yet? Or does it not count because of tripping? Can I do crouching infinites like dtilt locks?

Lol who uses Ness? Like anyone who does would use him against that MU CP.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!

Please answer the non ******* questions.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Everything except "are we there yet?" is a relevant question. That rule is as dumb as "yo, don't play gay". Especially since it refers to "walking infinites" which don't exist. Please ban MKs uair "infinite" cuz its soooooooooo gay and the shuttle loop infinite cuz sometimes it hits twice.

@ chris, thats the thing. Its probably like even or possibly Ness favor if his camps Squirtle hard enough without the "infinites". Lets say I run into a decent Ness main and I wanna CP him with pokemon trainer. The match starts and within 30 seconds I dash grab the little mofo and I keep grabbing. Now the rule technically doesn't ban chaingrabbing Ness, but if Xyro/Sync/Alex walk by and say "omg dats and infiinite cuz u grabbed him twice", then what do I do? I didn't like Xyro's old rule either, but it was clear at least, which is all I am hoping for here. Vague rules basically mean I can make an informed smart decision and then the TO can walk by and turn it into a horrible decision.

might as well add a "don't spam" rule.

universal lgl of 35?

Sync.

Smash Champion
You bring up a good point Tesh. I agreed with Allan's infinite rules and will implement them in this ruleset. Alex Strife gave me freedom to use any ruleset for this tournament but encouraged the use of this one. I'm sure it'd be fine if I edit it a bit :]

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
whats allans rules on it?

like i said IDC what rules u use at this point just make them clear and concise :)

my opinion is CG's are fine but small steps and infinite like DDD on DK is not.

We will be more detailed with our ruleset after tonight we have just been doing way too much to focus on that.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Arkansas's coming to this. Are we welcome at your place Sync? Definitely myself and Kirby, possibly one more if he decides to come.

Also, I'm lookin' for a teammate for doubles. Since it's regular doubles, I'm not sure what will happen, but at the moment, I'm open.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yesssssssss, another party at Sync's the day before.

Xyro77

I wanna MM anybody who has StarFox 64 3D at HOBO 33. My slippy will SMACK DAT @ZZ. The game comes out the day before HOBO so get it and bring it so i can molest you.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No Landmasters or on foot mode in multiplayer...Arwings only.

Tesh

Smash Hero
My advice to Alex Strife and Sync is to just team up with extremely knowledgeable forum trolls and get very specific about what is banned. One of the dumb things about MLG is that they essentially banned things like Charizard CGing Ness (which is like 8 regrabs for 20 damage+ a dtilt) but they didn't ban DK ****** Lucas/Ness nonstop. Possibly because they just didn't research.

Though I imagine a stupidly vague ruleset won't make any trouble for Sync if he only does it once.

Trela

Smash Lord
Nah, I'm not gonna be there this time around.

I'm not making the SAME mistake I made the day before the last HOBO lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom