• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 25: Monsters Arcade! FULL RESULTS ARE UP! Vids are up too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I forgot to put my shoutouts to

You guys did an amazing job hosting this hobo.

What people failed to notice with all those HD TVs there was that you could easily just asked one of the workers to pop in SSFIV, BLAZBLUE, TEKKEN and played those games while you waited. Even though it was hot which was an issue out of our control. They gave us free water to accommodate for it. If I'm not mistaken when we had those HOBOs at PZ when it was blazing hot there was no free water bottles given and we had to duke it out.

One of the things I was disappointed was the lack of respect for Monster's Arcade equipment. This place is a NEW Facility. They forked alot of money into making themselves a legitimate LAN center place. I think one of the PCs headsets was just laying on the floor. One of the keyboard keys were missing. (not sure if we did that or not). Water bottles and other stuff was left in the front counter in front of those PS3/XBOX 360 fight sticks.

tl;dr

Great venue IMO. Great attentive service. Free Water. Be respectful of other people's equipment.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Even though I missed the event, and there were some complaints about people on the livestream, the quality of it was AMAZING. It was no doubt the best stream I've ever seen, it'd be so nice if regular hobos could have a stream looking that nice. Also, how like 2 hours of footage is online, ready for us to look at is great if I just want to look at a set *coughdphatvstrelacough*. If we could have the venue of Funplex and the stream/internet of Monsters arcade, the event would be PERFECT for both players and livestream viewers (since we could actually have regular TVs at the livestream so everyone would play at it). THANK YOU MONSTERS ARCADE!!!!

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
1: Gnes= love you
2: Lee== love you to
3: Dphat== Remember when you told me and zori that we were going to lose? Then ALAKAZAM you lost =]
4: Royr The Hero= =second match against razer rofl....
5: Razer== 1 stocked me =)
5: Trela== hugs
7: illmatic== i have johns
9: Denti== lmao ive never seen somebody rage so hard!
9: FlipHop== djfliphotness ill get the vid up
9: Hyro== moving spin attack LT always fun seeing you. shared a fan <3
9: Shlike==zss is gay
13: Jnig== this ***** right here RIGHT HERE *****
13: RT== rt we ***** brawl+ with double lucario rofl
13: Ozz== falcos easy sauce for me (cept on norfair apparantly) i just have a hard time with marth
13: Esca== esca is the best pit
17: Zori== OMG we did work in mid tiers team again?
17: Jerm== dont worry will learn the olimar MU
17: Tesh== cramped the backseat
25: PJ== you suck
33: P4== sup
33: Riot== best ****ing marth **** ness tho
33: Tree== lol dennys
49: Xyro==hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyes

neko and turnipdaisy OMG thanks for the rides housing and overall funny day

Monsters arcade was a pretty cool venue free water plus the food was in the same room so no one had to leave (even though some did) for food. I liked the computers there i could leave stream links and i saw people checking their aibs and face books lul. The candy there for free i think..... i had a ring pop the people working at the time were chill as hell man like ive never seen workers so cool did anyone else see that light skinned guy with the glasses? looked EXACTLY like Malcolm Mcnulty, took a pic with him that guy was really ****ing like awesome only word i can use to describe it he even explained why it was so hot in the venue ].

tl;dr place was mad cool people working their even cooler i liked it <3

edit:lmao all the people posted while i was posting FORGOT to mention the ps3 and 360 setups were the great also the livestream @_@ i just watched the matches on them of me and zori ****ing amazing (loled at the guy playing resistance on the 360 who couldnt get past that level)

Wolfwood0

Smash Rookie
i lost my controller at hobo :( if anyone saw if can you give it back? (lol like someone would give it back) its sliver and the rubber is off the cstick

i know im not going to get it back but its worth a try ;-;
I did find an extra silver GC controller.

I forgot to put my shoutouts to

You guys did an amazing job hosting this hobo.

What people failed to notice with all those HD TVs there was that you could easily just asked one of the workers to pop in SSFIV, BLAZBLUE, TEKKEN and played those games while you waited. Even though it was hot which was an issue out of our control. They gave us free water to accommodate for it. If I'm not mistaken when we had those HOBOs at PZ when it was blazing hot there was no free water bottles given and we had to duke it out.

One of the things I was disappointed was the lack of respect for Monster's Arcade equipment. This place is a NEW Facility. They forked alot of money into making themselves a legitimate LAN center place. I think one of the PCs headsets was just laying on the floor. One of the keyboard keys were missing. (not sure if we did that or not). Water bottles and other stuff was left in the front counter in front of those PS3/XBOX 360 fight sticks.

tl;dr

Great venue IMO. Great attentive service. Free Water. Be respectful of other people's equipment.

Even though I missed the event, and there were some complaints about people on the livestream, the quality of it was AMAZING. It was no doubt the best stream I've ever seen, it'd be so nice if regular hobos could have a stream looking that nice. Also, how like 2 hours of footage is online, ready for us to look at is great if I just want to look at a set *coughdphatvstrelacough*. If we could have the venue of Funplex and the stream/internet of Monsters arcade, the event would be PERFECT for both players and livestream viewers (since we could actually have regular TVs at the livestream so everyone would play at it). THANK YOU MONSTERS ARCADE!!!!
Thank you for the kind words guys. I just got through reading the whole thread and i couldn't help but be a little discouraged. I just popped in to apologize for the heat again. I know its of no consequence to say it was out of our control, but i would have cut off one of my fingers to drop the temperature 10 degrees.

We take all our complaints very seriously and we are actually postponing all future tournaments until the heat issue is resolves to MY satisfaction.

Either way the only thing i will say about the Lag and the live stream situation is that that was our first live stream tournament from the store, and i have already offered our services to handle the stream at the next HOBO. If you guys want it. If you dont, thats cool too.

And its impossible for a CRT TV displaying it native resolution (in this case 480p) to lag.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Thank you for the kind words guys. I just got through reading the whole thread and i couldn't help but be a little discouraged. I just popped in to apologize for the heat again. I know its of no consequence to say it was out of our control, but i would have cut off one of my fingers to drop the temperature 10 degrees.

We take all our complaints very seriously and we are actually postponing all future tournaments until the heat issue is resolves to MY satisfaction.

Either way the only thing i will say about the Lag and the live stream situation is that that was our first live stream tournament from the store, and i have already offered our services to handle the stream at the next HOBO. If you guys want it. If you dont, thats cool too.

And its impossible for a CRT TV displaying it native resolution (in this case 480p) to lag.

Dude. You're venue is awesome. I would LOVE to have HOBOs hosted here waaay more often. No joke.

Xyro. Please keep these guys in consideration. I'd love to come back here when I get vacation days during the navy.

No joke.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
TL is obviously broken in mid tier. Plz ban.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dang it Flip, why are you dragging people back to the past with you? Stay retired already, lol.

-Ran

Smash Master
Everyone in Texas, come to this.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274534

It's in Lafayette so that's about three hours and thirty minutes from the center of Houston. From Esca's house it's two hours. Hype this up in size, post in the thread, and let's get people to come down for this. I'll be helping run it, so it'll be fine. I know a lot of you have expressed interest to me in person, so please do so in the thread.

CY

Smash Ace
I liked the venue as well, even with the heat. hell, we got free water anyway so it helped out + food right there. Also, free UFC = AMAZING! I almost stayed late just to watch Liddell and Franklin fight lol. thanks guys <3

also, like fliphop said, a lot of people just left their **** everywhere without throwing it away. so much wasted water it was ridiculous... just think about poor kids in foreign countries who would love to have that water, but little spoiled kids just drink half and leave it to waste.. jeez.

-Ran

Smash Master
Conversation with Xyro:

Ran: "Do we need to clean up?"
Xyro: "No, that's part of the venue fee. Leave it for them."

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Conversation with Xyro:

Ran: "Do we need to clean up?"
Xyro: "No, that's part of the venue fee. Leave it for them."
I'd think it'd still be courteous to clean up after yourself anyways.
What are we, animals?

-Ran

Smash Master
I always pick up after myself. I was referring to how I always clean up the venue once the tournament is over.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

oh my god did I lol @ this post

bwahahahaha
Is it because of that?
It is, isn't it?

@Ran: I got that from your post. I'm more focused on Xyro's response.
Not that it's WRONG to think that way, it's just kinda unsanitary.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Consider it situational irony.
I never said it was a bad thing, Neko :p

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Yo dawg dat ***** kingcome be on dat real **** YA HEARD? straight hardcore gamer right thur he got that hat on backwards calls people cousin who aint even his kinfolk nuegga all us *****s aka ***** aka waturmelon cotton pickin chicken eatin jiggaboos love dis foo me gnes greyfox neko jermturnipdaisy suspect fogo van jones zori Dangelo trela love this STRAIGHT O.G KC ALL DEE

Kool-Aid!!!!!!

BUT I AM BLACK!

So therefore as the social powers given by the man law society, I can conjure any match I want....and a manly black man wants a KFC freaking MM o.O

And if you don't want fried chicken, your missing out. It's not a sense of being black haha....

But what do we have here?

What, you want some too? I"ll have you throw your controller down on the floor in anguish as we head out to KFC after you lose 10 MM's ina row.... I'm maxing out your credit cards bro :laugh:
****, Idk how good you are and how horrible I am but, I'll do a mm for food!

Dude. You're venue is awesome. I would LOVE to have HOBOs hosted here waaay more often. No joke.

Xyro. Please keep these guys in consideration. I'd love to come back here when I get vacation days during the navy.

No joke.
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Xyro plz you could instantly attract more contestants if you switch the location which I am sure you already know. I could bring some more black people to this, that would actually play in the tourny. The only drawbacks for HOBOS is the longass drive. But if you hold it in Aldine were down unless some random "vacation appears" cousin.

Top Bottom