• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 25: Monsters Arcade! FULL RESULTS ARE UP! Vids are up too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gnes

Smash Master
They also fail to realize the livestream had lag and that SEVERAL players like roy and lee asked to NOT play there or on tv2 because of the lag. They also fail to realize that livestreams are NOT meant for "must see" matches. They are meant for letting the viewers know what is going on that certain set-up. Getting "must see" matches on a stream is a privilege aka its a bonus. The brawl generation is seriously filled with complaining and selfish @$$ holes.
The livestream had two tvs hooked up. One had a frame of lag like the mlg tvs, the other had none. It was a regular tv lol. Secondly, if ur not giving the viewers what they want, whats the point in having a livestream. The point of a livestream is to stream something that people want to see or have asked to see. It has nothing to do with whats happening on a particular setup. Thats all on that issue. All im saying is that if people take the time to tune in, should at least try to give them the best viewing experience they can get.

I hope it doesn't seem like im complaining at u alan, im just trying to get a point across. Hobo was awesome, cept for the heat.

wowowow nice job gnes!
good job winning gnes! good job lee on 2nd
Thanks babycakes :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The livestream had two tvs hooked up. One had a frame of lag like the mlg tvs, the other had none. It was a regular tv lol. Secondly, if ur not giving the viewers what they want, whats the point in having a livestream. The point of a livestream is to stream something that people want to see or have asked to see. It has nothing to do with whats happening on a particular setup. Thats all on that issue. All im saying is that if people take the time to tune in, should at least try to give them the best viewing experience they can get.
Live Stream is a privilege, the viewers dont deserve nor have the right to ask for something and then ***** if they dont get it.

If i gave them what they want then we would be there till 6am cause all they want is certain MUs and if its not them then they will *****(ive been in a many of livestream chatrooms and i know how it is). HOBO finishing at a decent hour is priority and Not livestream chat room children. Step in my shoes one day. You will learn alot.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Lmfao, read earlier post douche.

When you start consistently running tournaments that finish on time again, I might start respecting you again. Kinda hard for me to justify a six+ hour trip out to Houston for some garbage.
The ****'s wrong with you Bear? This event ran just fine on time. The ones that end late is due to 4 events or people not bringing setups. Stop being a whiney, salty *****. You are probably the type of person who complains to their Mom because she got you an 8GB iPhone instead of a 16GB. Nobody's ****ing perfect.

People are just complaining about the livestream and heat and now you bring this **** up. Unnecessary.

The Heat = not TO's fault.
Laggy TVs (which pretty much means no livestream) = Not TO's fault.

Everis755

Smash Cadet
The livestream had two tvs hooked up. One had a frame of lag like the mlg tvs, the other had none. It was a regular tv lol. Secondly, if ur not giving the viewers what they want, whats the point in having a livestream.
agreed. the tv off to the left had 0 lag. and i don't understand the point of LS if its not to show the world good matches. i know its not simple to get every match you'd want to get on the LS tv, but realistically there is no point in it if primer matches aren't on it as much as we could get it. or atleast players on it that people want to watch (i.e. gnes, lee, razor, roy,dphat,hyro etcetc.).

-Ran

Smash Master
Look, the extreme heat made it hard for everyone to focus and without the venue wanting to move the live stream, there was little that Xyro could do. I'd also like to say, that there was absolutely NO FAN pointed in the direction of Xyro where he was being the TO. Literally that was the hottest place in the building. I'd know, since I sat there a few times to let Xyro take a breather outside. You never saw Xyro grab a fan and point it at him, or anything like that.

Everything ran relatively quickly. There were plenty of chances to play friendlies, and aside from the scorching heat the tournament was just fine. To those that complain about the Live Stream, if you want to watch the matches so much just show up for a change. <3

Esca

Smash Champion
Champ, we're good dude. I thought we made up already? We'll chill next HOBO.

As far as all the *****ing goes, it's really just people complaining about the livestream.

@Bear -- The livestream may have sucked, but at least it ****ing worked. Barely any lag. Y'alls ****ty *** livestreams in Dallas or wherever the **** you are don't even display %'s properly, much less the characters involved in said match. You really need to just get off this thread, you're being EXACTLY like '08 Inui. Either come or don't. IMO I don't think anyone missed your absence. Salty *******.

The only reason I attend ANY events now is because of a very select crowd of people. People like RT, Gnes, Lee, Roni, Xyro, etc...

I think this community is getting ridiculous, hence the reason I've slowed down so much. It's quite disappointing. =/

Trela

Smash Lord
I'm sorry for going into another one of those "Trela Modes" again. I was just really looking forward to beating Dphat because I wanted to prove to everyone that what happened at WHOBO 2 wasn't a fluke. Whenever you guys see me in my emo mood again, just ignore me. It's clear that I need to learn to stop that.

Lee - I would like to have a little Training Session with you, if that's ok. You are one of the masters in the MK-Lucario MU, and that's just what my Lucario needs!

Dphat - Awesome games, once again. I really hope to play you at Phase 10. And yeah, this isn't the first time I've tried to prove the old TX PR wrong!

Roy - You are a hero in the eyes of many! Try and keep that Top 5 streak going!

Razer - Good games, buddy. That beast you were telling me about who was paralyzed and all.....Yep. Just make sure he's willing to go to Timer.

Infinity - You're on my list for people that I want to team with. Good job placing Top 8 in Singles and Doubles, and good games!

Jon - Don't worry about anything that happened to us in Doubles. If you keep this up, as in attending all of these Tournaments still, you'll prove yourself worthy to the TX Smash Scene; Forget BD right now.

Papa - Just saying "Thank you." to you all the time isn't enough, in my eyes. You've done too much for me already.

See you guys again in Dallas next week!

Xyro77

Look, the extreme heat made it hard for everyone to focus and without the venue wanting to move the live stream, there was little that Xyro could do. I'd also like to say, that there was absolutely NO FAN pointed in the direction of Xyro where he was being the TO. Literally that was the hottest place in the building. I'd know, since I sat there a few times to let Xyro take a breather outside. You never saw Xyro grab a fan and point it at him, or anything like that.

Everything ran relatively quickly. There were plenty of chances to play friendlies, and aside from the scorching heat the tournament was just fine. To those that complain about the Live Stream, if you want to watch the matches so much just show up for a change. <3
The only reason I attend ANY events now is because of a very select crowd of people. People like RT, Gnes, Lee, Roni, Xyro, etc...
THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Papa - Just saying "Thank you." to you all the time isn't enough, in my eyes. You've done too much for me already.
Um.......you NEVER say thank you for ANYTHING i do for you.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This won't turn into a domestic disturbance will it?

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Hmmm. Ok Esca. So you are saying that it is my fault that places like Funplex (who host HOBOs) have garbage internet. Your amazing reasoning has brought me to my knees.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
So Gnes won everything. I believe that means Xyro has to main MK now.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Doesn't matter what he said Van. You need to stop being a douche to everyone and show a lil respect to the TO.

Xyro77

This won't turn into a domestic disturbance will it?
It will go BEYOND a domestic disturbance.

Hmmm. Ok Esca. So you are saying that it is my fault that places like Funplex (who host HOBOs) have garbage internet. Your amazing reasoning has brought me to my knees.
Man we have tried everything, rofl. Kenny even got one of those 150ft ether-net cables and stretched into our room and it still sucked. One time he let us have the router and everything in our room and it STILL failed. I give up on funplex internet. whahhahhahhaahah

As for monsters arcade was it really in HD? i never got to see it.

So Gnes won everything. I believe that means Xyro has to main MK now.
Well since ozz didnt specify how long i had to main mk i guess i could say i mained mk for a whole second then dropped him again for samus. Or maybe i might actually main the one character that ive been trying to get rid of for 2 years. we will see.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Lmfao. I'm being the douche? No, I made a good point about the livestream that exploded into something else because Allan can't take a little heat.

Allan needs to learn how to take criticism, and you guys need to jump off his nuts.

I'll tone down my aggro, but I'm maintaining my point.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Lmfao. I'm being the douche?
Yes

Allan needs to learn how to take criticism
Once again, the livestream TV had lag and players did not want to play on there. Normally at hobos he does call big matches to the stream. What other complaints do you have? Since you attended this tourney and all.

Well since ozz didnt specify how long i had to main mk i guess i could say i mained mk for a whole second then dropped him again for samus. Or maybe i might actually main the one character that ive been trying to get rid of for 2 years. we will see.
I didn't need to specify how long. Maining means maining!

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Dude I was thinking of suspect when I wrote that, hoping he wouldn't call me out on that ****, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wait, we're still talking about livestream? It doesn't matter, Funplex won't have any, wahahahaahahahahahaha.

Suspect

Smash Hero
What's up with the next hobo having a $50 visa card for the winner? Heard it from ABK on srk.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
PX (Ganondorf) vs SHL [whodafukisthat?] (Zelda) On FlatZone!!!

HYPE

Xyro77

Lmfao. I'm being the douche? No, I made a good point about the livestream that exploded into something else because Allan can't take a little heat.

Allan needs to learn how to take criticism, and you guys need to jump off his nuts.

I'll tone down my aggro, but I'm maintaining my point.
You ony understand as far as your computer screen allows(thats not your fault). Had you been at the venue and seen the situation you would see what we have all been saying. The people that sided with me in this ordeal generally are the ones that are against me most of the time. They changed sides cause they were there and exp what i did. heat+higher turnout that expected+poor space+lag tvs+lack of GOOD tvs.

Why did de angelo call u guys?

Van Jones

Smash Lord
My understanding of how certain matches were allocated to certain setups, while limited in this instance due to absence from the event, is based mostly off previous experiences at HOBOs. A lot of the time, prime matches are sent to television other than livestream television unless someone (mostly me) begged otherwise.

Again, this goes back to your belief that the livestream is not important. When a livestream is advertised, it is supposed to be host to the most important matches of the day. Now, maybe having all the important matches was not possible this time because of the venue, but SOMETHING, whether it be organization, management or unruly tourney participants, can be easily reworked to allow for good matches to be streamed in the future.

Sir_J

Smash Apprentice
My understanding of how certain matches were allocated to certain setups, while limited in this instance due to absence from the event, is based mostly off previous experiences at HOBOs. A lot of the time, prime matches are sent to television other than livestream television unless someone (mostly me) begged otherwise.

Again, this goes back to your belief that the livestream is not important. When a livestream is advertised, it is supposed to be host to the most important matches of the day. Now, maybe having all the important matches was not possible this time because of the venue, but SOMETHING, whether it be organization, management or unruly tourney participants, can be easily reworked to allow for good matches to be streamed in the future.
Dude, it's brawl. Just be glad that you go to see some like I am :D

Great job hosting Xero, and congrats to Gnes for winning everything just like M2K at The Showdown. Lol.

-Ran

Smash Master
Actual conversation:

Ran: "Hey guys, why don't you do that match up on the live stream?"
Response from actual competitors that would be a good match: "It lags. We are waiting to play on the nonlaggy tvs to be open."

I tried to get people on the Livestream. I was denied, even for high profile friendlies.

Xyro77

Ok so u are upset over your matches not being live streamed in the past(now all of this makes sense). Ok well next time 3/4 of your matches will be live streamed. As for future events, i will put more "good" matches on it depending on how well the event is going. No matter what though finishing an event on time is more important than having good matches on a live stream.

PS: there were good matches put on live stream(not as much as u guys wanted obviously). in teams and singles and mid tier. certain players like lee and royr did not want to be on it due to lag. yes BOTH tvs had lag.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
No, you read that wrong. Not my matches. The high profile matches. I'm the one begging in most cases because I'm usually running the livestream.

Xyro77

No, you read that wrong. Not my matches. The high profile matches. I'm the one begging in most cases because I'm usually running the livestream.
ok i understand that part. i apologize for assuming something else.

Top Bottom