• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 25: Monsters Arcade! FULL RESULTS ARE UP! Vids are up too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esca

Smash Champion

what did infinity do to you??
You failed to mention what he did other than him being one of the older smashers.
They were both being arrogant *******s the entire tournament. I hate elitist smashers that arent even good.

Popertop

Smash Champion
don't worry about it panty, I feel like we did pretty solid, they were just too experienced.
I blame them losing too early in the bracket also lol.

GGs in teams, all the games we lost were pretty close and super fun.

Shoutsies:
Roy: it's really balls that he didn't put us in, we would have **** on everybody. we can team next time if you want to.
esca: mah boi. what you know about meta? nothin
cy: we gotta bring that 09 magic back son.
panty: we had some good ****, but we fought better teams lol. tbh i don't think wario g&w can beat meta wario.
dphat: you are too good against wario, I should have switched for you but I was scared of jnig
jnig: what the hell, too good in doubles, i felt like I was playing against myself half the time it was wierd. i was scared to switch to meta cause I thought you'd **** me. your team was really good though, very fun.
infinity&px: our games were close, really wanted to beat you guys. would have been epic.
ggs everyone else
this tourney was pretty much what I expected, i'll come out to another one only for teams lol

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
livestream not being used effectively =(.
Live stream is not meant ONLY for good matches. Who taught you that? Live stream is meant for the outside players to see what one set-up is currently showing. Im sorry people thought it was boring but running HOBO comes first.....showing the people matches they want to see comes LAST. If u wanna see a kick *** match....come to hobo.

Everis755

Smash Cadet
Live stream is not meant ONLY for good matches. Who taught you that? Live stream is meant for the outside players to see what one set-up is currently showing. Im sorry people thought it was boring but running HOBO comes first.....showing the people matches they want to see comes LAST. If u wanna see a kick *** match....come to hobo.
i understand that completely xyro, and i forgot to mention another successful tournament ran in your books =). its just mostly every live stream you watch, TOs are putting matches that the world wants to see, or atleast finals matches. i know a lot of people were getting bombed with texts to put more relevant matches on livestream instead of PX playing friendlies all day lol.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Dude this is my list of top 10 in TX.
1) Dojo
2) Gnes
3) Razer/Dphat
4) Dphat/Razer
5) RoyR/Dmg
6) Dmg/RoyR
7) Espy
8) Trela
9) Infinity
10) D4ba
Pretty accurate cept the last 2 who don't even play that much / are rusty and I would mm them both.

Xyro77

i understand that completely xyro, and i forgot to mention another successful tournament ran in your books =). its just mostly every live stream you watch, TOs are putting matches that the world wants to see, or atleast finals matches. i know a lot of people were getting bombed with texts to put more relevant matches on livestream instead of PX playing friendlies all day lol.
Was px hogging it THAT much? I guess i missed that.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's alright guys.

Next Hobo won't have a livestream because it will be at Funplex!

So, you'll all get your wish.

Gnes

Smash Master
Dang.....

phase hype Exodia vs Dphat...who will be victorious hahaha

But honestly dphat...im really proud of u. I saw u progress alot this tourney as a player :). Keep it up, everyone gives u alot of ****, especially me, but u are one of the better players in texas.

Rt just ***** yall lmao

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Once again, the TO knows at all times what TVs are available for match scheduling. Being on there when it's not in use =/= hogging. Why can't people understand such a simple concept?

Gnes

Smash Master
Yo, its better than watching a bunch of garbage *** matches. Livestream is meant for marque matches.
Seriously...someone should have handled this problem. Livestream is for getting the viewers what they want to see, not for people at the venue lool. Idk when people forgot this.

Im sorry for the ****ty livestream matches, had i known i would have attempted to remedy the issue.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Consider this...we only had 8 setups (half of which that disappeared when the people that lost left with them) for an unexpected 62 entrants for singles in a building that is a LAN center with computers and other equipment...with the AC cranked up AT MAX and it was sweltering inside. If any of you went to that Hobo at the old Planet Zero where the AC broke...it was 10x worse.

And we had people who traveled from OoC who wanted to leave the same night, like RGV, who came unexpectedly.

I'm all for getting good matches on the livestream, but dear lord, get over it. You guys that were watching weren't there and if you were, you'd whine about finishing as soon as possible because it's too hot.

But like I said, be happy! No livestream at next Hobo! Which is super ironic, because there won't be any side events, which means more time.

Xyro77

Its ok rt, people like bear and gnes dont look at the whole picture. They fail to realize that the venue was not organized the way it should have been/could have been and that people took set-ups as soon as they got knocked out so i had to use the livestream as a normal set-up. They also fail to realize the livestream had lag and that SEVERAL players like roy and lee asked to NOT play there or on tv2 because of the lag. They also fail to realize that livestreams are NOT meant for "must see" matches. They are meant for letting the viewers know what is going on that certain set-up. Getting "must see" matches on a stream is a privilege aka its a bonus. The brawl generation is seriously filled with complaining and selfish @$$ holes.

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
They also fail to realize that livestreams are NOT meant for "must see" matches. They are meant for letting the viewers know what is going on that certain set-up. Getting "must see" matches on a stream is a privilege aka its a bonus. The brawl generation is seriously filled with complaining and selfish @$$ holes.
10opinions

Van Jones

Smash Lord
No. You just have poor organizational and management skills. Unfortunately, you get to keep rolling with your excuses because you happen to be one of the few t.o.s in TX.

Xyro77

Poor organization skills? How come my events CONSTANTLY do better than any other TO in the state? Where are your events bear? OH YEA thats right, you dont run events so instead you pass the time by losing to morning star. If my events are so poor and so bad people would go to others/hold thier own......and they dont.

GTFO u moron

Everis755

Smash Cadet
They fail to realize that the venue was not organized the way it should have been/could have been

They also fail to realize the livestream had lag and that SEVERAL players like roy and lee asked to NOT play there or on tv2 because of the lag.
was it a bad venue then? i'd think apart from the heat it was ok. i know hobo is going back to funplex, but if funplex is unavailable again, do you plan on going back to monster?

and why couldn't we move the livestream then?

just curious

<3 u xyro

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Lmfao, read earlier post douche.

When you start consistently running tournaments that finish on time again, I might start respecting you again. Kinda hard for me to justify a six+ hour trip out to Houston for some garbage.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Poor organization skills? How come my events CONSTANTLY do better than any other TO in the state? Where are your events bear? OH YEA thats right, you dont run events so instead you pass the time by losing to morning star. GTFO u moron
Was the insult really needed?

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Poor organization skills? How come my events CONSTANTLY do better than any other TO in the state? Where are your events bear? OH YEA thats right, you dont run events so instead you pass the time by losing to morning star. If my events are so poor and so bad people would go to others/hold thier own......and they dont.

GTFO u moron
10rape

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
ABOUT THE LIVESTREAM

The guy who owned the place did not want anyone touching the livestream setup, and I think it was hooked up to an HDTV and then shared onto a normal TV (or at least something like that). So, whether there was lag or not, who knows. Some say they were and some didn't. Either ways, there was nothing that could be done. Also, the guy said he couldn't figure out how to to get the mic system working because he wanted it to be simulcasting both on the livestream and venue or something like that. So, there was no microphone for talking.

TL;DR we had no control over the livestream at all. You can write the guy a letter and see if he cares, lol.

If Funplex had reliable Internet, we could stream no problem. But...it's Funplex.

Xyro77

was it a bad venue then? i'd think apart from the heat it was ok. i know hobo is going back to funplex, but if funplex is unavailable again, do you plan on going back to monster?

and why couldn't we move the livestream then?

just curious

<3 u xyro
The venu wasnt bad but it wasnt organized the way i would want it. The heat issue could not be prevented. Too many machines/people were in there at once.

Everis755

Smash Cadet
The venu wasnt bad but it wasnt organized the way i would want it. The heat issue could not be prevented. Too many machines/people were in there at once.
ya with RTs posts and yours, i realized that the venue people had more control over what was going on than usual. usually they just tell people to go play, but ya, i guess this wasn't the case this time.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Seriously, everyone blaming Xyro...he did what he could with what he had. It's not like he deliberately chose a small venue or have way more people than normal (most Hobos only get around 40, this one had 62) or chose to have the livestream on HDTV with no mic.

GIVE THE GUY A BREAK.

Also, it was either that place or no venue...and that would have meant no Hobo.

Xyro77

Lmfao, read earlier post douche.

When you start consistently running tournaments that finish on time again, I might start respecting you again. Kinda hard for me to justify a six+ hour trip out to Houston for some garbage.
When i run 2-3 events in one day, it finishes on time(before our deadline, 2am). 4 events is when things get rough. Im sorry i hold multiple events where u have multiple chances at winning money. I guess no good deed goes unpunished. As for the respect thing, Its not required for me to live/wake up in the morning/take a **** so i dont see it as something i NEED from you or anybody.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
For the record, there were like 6 setups for most of the day and Xyro ran three events (with singles at 62 people) and still finished before 12. Compared to say, the HOBO that ended at like 4 AM, he's doing pretty solidly right now.

Xyro77

For the record, there were like 6 setups for most of the day and Xyro ran three events (with singles at 62 people) and still finished before 12. Compared to say, the HOBO that ended at like 4 AM, he's doing pretty solidly right now.
The hobo that ended at 4-5am(hobo 19) was the ONLY one that has ever ran that late. I blame the fact that i did 2 teams events at the same time and that i did 4 events in one day.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't think people realize how difficult it is to run a tourney. It seems easy, but then you try it...and then you see it's not as easy as you think. And then you start realizing some of the sacrifices TOs have to make just to keep other people happy.

Xyro77

I don't think people realize how difficult it is to run a tourney. It seems easy, but then you try it...and then you see it's not as easy as you think. And then you start realizing some of the sacrifices TOs have to make just to keep other people happy.

People from all over the state(and even oos) travel to my events and wanna have a great time hanging out with friends in a decent environment while still trying to win money playing a game that they enjoy. I hold low tier/mid tier/ teams so that EVERYBODY has a chance at some money so they dont feel like it was a TOTAL waste. I have HOBOs EVERY MONTH(give or take) at the same venue so that you guys have CONSISTANT practice and income(lee/razer). When live stream is possible, it gets done(sometimes its ****ty) and if its not possible i have twitter up. I give rides when i can and i try and find housing for people. I let people into events for free ALOT and some times i try and get you guys some sort of payback for bringing set-ups. I do ALOT for you guys( just try and tell me i dont) but it seems that nearly every event, i get some people *****ing. I was told by many TOs(back when i first started) that people will always complain(example: the venue was too hot) so when i hear it im not too upset but the *****ing is what i cant stand.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I love it when people do the "Well I don't care anymore" trick as the excuse for why they drop sets to players that they "shouldn't" lose to or whatever. Whether or not it's a valid reason, that doesn't matter. It's rude and It takes away from people's wins. Are people that insecure?

If you don't care then why are you paying entry fee to enter the tournament?

If everybody hates brawl so much then why do people still play it?
Did I say that was the complete reason why I lost? No. Good job. I take full credit for my losses. I have my head in social life is what I mean by not caring. I actually care a lot about smash. Ask first before you make assumptions. Why do you think I said good job roy? He beat me fair and square. Same with Trela. They deserve their wins and I won't take it away. Red simply asked whats happening with me and I gave an answer and said I would pick up my game. Saying "different things" means they outplayed me. Ever think of that? Did I use the same excuse when Espy beat me? Nope. Did I say I hate brawl? No. I actually love it. Good job on knowing that too.
MONSTER ARCADE:

Thank you SOOOOO MUCH for allowing us to use your venue for HOBO 25. The VENUE was AWESOME and other than the heat the experience was great. You guys even gave out free water to anybody who wanted it. I can wait to work with you guys again.

RGV:

At first you guys were coming and then you decided not to go then u secretly showed up at the last minute. Thank you for doing that. You guys have made so many trips to my event and i thank you. Mainly vorgy since he does most of the driving.

TRELA:

Stop being emo. Man up, accept your lose and move on.

ROYR:

MY HERO! You took care of dphat and then took care of razer. You did an outstanding job and im SUPER proud of you.

Its cause you ARE a wifi peach. Its always interesting to see a player who MAINS wifi destroy offline players who are good. You did that and im proud.

I have to eat my words and main mk. I really thought gnes would place lower than razer but i was mega wrong. Trela beat him and then our hero ROYR made sure he went home packin'

btw, who won mid tier teams. i left before they were done.
it should be manditory that everyone in houston play tl
I had alot of fun this tournament, shoutouts to come later.

I have SO much to work on. Sucks that I did so bad in everything.

But here's a short shoutout:

PhantomX -- Learn some ****ing manners man. You sat on one TV all day and heckled everyone. You and Infinity are two of the OLDEST smashers in the community, OBVIOUSLY not the wisest. I think your ****-talking and childish antics were far from joking, and to be honest, both you AND infinity should be ashamed of yourselves. You really disappoint me.

Shoutouts later.
Calm down that ego son. You're getting there but you're not good enough yet young grasshopper.
They were both being arrogant *******s the entire tournament. I hate elitist smashers that arent even good.
Jeez.....

I know I don't really see eye to eye with anyone in the smash community aside from the black people. But, I would like to apologize for my *******ness. I was trying to come on as a hardass and blah blah blickity blah blah. My original post got erased so yea. Anyways, I would like to apologize to everybody and I want to bring in peace within the Smash community and respect amongst everybody I know.

P4&Tallman- I know we kinda touched this subject before but, sorry for being an ******* to you guys during those first few HOBOs I went to. I know were cool now, but I kept trying to act like a ******.....

Inui- We kinda touched this as well. I got irritated by your *****ing TBH. But, that's no reason for me to act the way I did. Sorry.

Rocket Trainer- I'm sorry for calling you a pedophile at my first HOBO that was the uncool of me and I know were cool now but yeah, I sincerely apologize.

Xyro- Dude, you put on the best tournaments ever. I've been to a tourny in NY and Cali and neither compare to HOBO. I'm sorry for starting **** with people and that makes the Host look bad when a random guy in chill comes and complains to you. I promise that will never ever happen again. I'm not trying to kiss *** or anything but HOBO's are epic.

and.....

Esca- Yo, can we just restart cousin? I mean IDK what I did, I think I dissed Tallman or something and flamewars would start IDK something like that. I'm trying to man up for my past actions. So first sentence?

And .........

Houston Community- Yo, If I ever come off as an *** y'all set me straight K?K. This senseless jabbering that random people cause isn't necessary. And, I feel for Razer. People make dumb assumptions and **** happens, I don't know why somebody would diss him for having his mind on something else. Razer, Trela, Smoom, Kuro, Houston's Young'Ns. Y'all keep y'alls heads up.

And I'll see y'all at the next HOBO.

Top Bottom