• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 24:the beginning of the end? FULL RESULTS AND VIDEOS ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Some desynching replay problems with the Lee vs Razer last match on FD, not sure why. Everything else is fine though and being uploaded. I'll make the video thread later.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOOK AT ALL THOSE METAKNIGHTS HAHA TEXAS IS SO...wait what?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol, Hylian.

Suspect

Smash Hero
wow, wtf?

Stalling

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.
I went up to you Xyro/RT and asked you about this WHILE I was playing Esca, you lied. Esca should of been DQ'd from our mid tier set. I know yall saw it, you guys were sitting right behind our TV. I know others saw it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It was from my understanding that only the MLG rules were to be used. MLG doesn't mention anything about planking, other than a general ledge grab rule of 35 (45 on Norfair) as seen here. But after checking the Hobo thread, the old rules are listed...someone asked earlier during the day and Xyro said that as long as they don't break the ledge rule then it was fine. At a previous Hobo with regular rules, Esca did Pit plank quite a few people (Trela, myself, and Gnes), but Xyro did not call him out.

Did Esca go over 35 grabs?

Suspect

Smash Hero
Idk, the first match was 6 minutes long and he kept grabbing the ledge the whole time so im sure it was. I didn't bother checking to see how many grabs it was since you guys said there was no rule against planking in the first place.

Not like anything can be done now anyways.

If Xyro wont do anything about it then why enforce the rule? It states very clearly in the rules that he will DQ someone if they plank.

heytallman

CTALL
I honestly didn't have that much fun at this HOBO, so I left really early. I probably won't do many shoutouts, but here goes:

San Antonio: I had a good time housing you guys. Glad I could help you guys out. GoldenEye is too fun! Slappers only, license to kill, temple.

P4: Dang, you finally beat me in a money match. I'm proud of you, boy.

Furbs: Sorry I was being so cocky before, I shouldn't have been.

DeAngelo: YOU STILL AIN'T READY!

I guess that's about it, I was barely at the HOBO, so I didn't really talk to people or play with anyone, so I'm sorry for being so reclusive, and for generally sucking it up yesterday.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
It was Pit though, not MK. As gay as it is, Pit isn't unstoppable.

I'm not condoning it, just telling it how it is.

Suspect

Smash Hero
It was a mid tier tournament, options are limited. Seems like everyones excuse is the "its not mk" logic.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Planking is meant to run out the timer. If he was using MLG rules it wouldn't have mattered anyways if the time didn't run out.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Planking is meant to run out the timer. If he was using MLG rules it wouldn't have mattered anyways if the time didn't run out.
which is stalling and also making the game unplayable.
I went up to you Xyro/RT and asked you about this WHILE I was playing Esca, you lied.
the first match was 6 minutes long
When I paused it to go ask If they had told me it would of only mattered if the time ran out then im sure I could have waited a couple more minutes just sitting on the stage. Then the time would have ran out and he would of had more stocks than me but I would of won. OR the next match I would of done it, it's simple.

Also he was using MLG rules and his. Idk why people are defending what he did as ok when it says in the Hobo 24 rules that it isn't. All I ask is to enforce rules the way they are stated in the rule set.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
which is stalling and also making the game unplayable.
That's not true at all. Making the game unplayable is putting yourself in a position in which you cannot be hit. You can certainly hit characters when they are on/around the ledge. If the time ran out and he was above the LGL then yes, he should have been DQ'ed. If not, then he wasn't stalling as he had to get on the edge to kill you at some point yes?

Planking /=/ stalling.

Stalling would be like me CGing someone at 999% until the time ran out. They cannot hit me or move. Stalling would be glitching inside of a stage so your opponent cannot hit you and staying there all match. Planking CAN be considered stalling, if the time runs out and they are above the LGL lol.

Esca

Smash Champion
wow, wtf?

I went up to you Xyro/RT and asked you about this WHILE I was playing Esca, you lied. Esca should of been DQ'd from our mid tier set. I know yall saw it, you guys were sitting right behind our TV. I know others saw it.
Stop *****ing dude. Do you really think you could've beat me?

Also, Kirby can ftilt and dtilt Pit's uair.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Here's where I will post all of the Hobo 24 vids: Hobo 24 vids

Again, if you played on station 7 (the one with the laptop), it'll be up eventually. And I already have some up, so don't doubt me, LOL...

dao

Smash Cadet

There is actually one character that can beat Pit's planking.

MR ****ING GAME AND WATCH!!!!!! :bee:

Anyways, I believe that planking is semi-stalling, but with the ledge rule enforced, it shouldn't have been a problem.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
HOBO 24. Awesome weekend. Just wish I did better.

Sorry about all the texture crap on Station 5. I just downloaded a pack and was looking through to see what I was going to get out of it, but whoever played with Martha's "Sephiroth" texture, do you know if the hitbox was increased with the extended sword or no? And I won't have so many textures and crap next month.

Tallman, P4, rematches on those MMs? I think I've got it next time...

K Prime, sorry about running out on our match.

All the friendlies I played, had fun everyone. I did so much better in friendlies though. And didn't get as many as I wanted.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
That one IC player I played in tourney was scary as ****. He WOULD NOT MESS UP his CGs. Falco is probably easy to CG or something. Video thread coming up.

-Ran

Smash Master
Falco is super easy for IC to chain grab. I'm pretty sure they can easily do down-throws to spike. I recall Esca picking IC vs Kismet at a tournament in Louisiana and beating him rather handily doing just that.

Gnes

Smash Master
Falco is super easy for IC to chain grab. I'm pretty sure they can easily do down-throws to spike. I recall Esca picking IC vs Kismet at a tournament in Louisiana and beating him rather handily doing just that.
No not meaning d-throws to spike...he means in reference to chr. weight/timing/etc.

Also...it happens suspect. The best strategy is to make the planker use as many ledgegrabs as possible and go to time.

Going to the timer in a party game, seems about right.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You're silly.

You can't 0-death people with ICs to save your life.
I still love you though.
It's because I never play this game except for at tournaments and even rarely then :/.

I just love seeing people lol.

Smoom77

Smash Master
If you're talking about dthrow to dash grab dthrow, then yes. No character is harder to CG than others. personal preference.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If you're talking about dthrow to dash grab dthrow, then yes. No character is harder to CG than others. personal preference.
Pretty much this. I always lol when people tell me someone is easy to cg.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
wow, wtf?

Idk, the first match was 6 minutes long and he kept grabbing the ledge the whole time so im sure it was. I didn't bother checking to see how many grabs it was since you guys said there was no rule against planking in the first place.

Not like anything can be done now anyways.

If Xyro wont do anything about it then why enforce the rule? It states very clearly in the rules that he will DQ someone if they plank.
It's called Xyro on that MK bull****.

CASE CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!

I added all of ozz'z videos to the front page for easy viewing.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I think the closest anyone came to breaking the ledge rule with MK was a certain Mexico that goes by the name Razer. He had 39 grabs on Norfair...six more and then it would have been interesting.

Top Bottom