• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 17: R.I.P Metaknight= 8-1-09=go to results thread for further info

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sick. I hope Pokemon won't hold up any matches. A game that's slower than Brawl...gross.

heytallman

CTALL
Jerm I'm going to nickname all my Pokemon "Bowser" so I can **** you just as hard if not harder when you play Pokemon :D

I'll be back on like, the 18th or something, I can teach you sometime after then. Jog and I are both good, we can let you know what's up in the world of Pokemon.

edit: Bowser would actually be a somewhat decent name for Tyranitar.....hm.....

FooXero

Smash Cadet
Just thought I'd let you all know...

I'm going through SSBW.

There's NO gaming scene up here in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

God I miss Tejas.

error13

Smash Journeyman

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
...I might need a teammate myself if I go to this, which suddenly looks likely.

I'll take Pokemon, but I won't play in tournament, only because my legit team is garbs, OU is gay, and everything I have that's somewhat good is PokeSav'd.

heytallman

CTALL
Espy, just sayin', I don't have a teammate either. If you don't find anyone else to team with, consider me.

And also, I'm guessing your pokesav'd team has max IV's or something? Too bad. But we should team.

Pokemon is looking like it will have a big turnout!!! I encourage anyone who plays to enter and compete for the LOOT!!!!!

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I don't have a teammate yet either, and I'm learning Sonic (and forcably learning D3 to give jS experience against him, but I'm starting to think Sonic and D3 as my teams characters would work well).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Espy, just sayin', I don't have a teammate either. If you don't find anyone else to team with, consider me.

And also, I'm guessing your pokesav'd team has max IV's or something? Too bad. But we should team.

Pokemon is looking like it will have a big turnout!!! I encourage anyone who plays to enter and compete for the LOOT!!!!!
I'll probably wait until I actually get there, even if I do go.

And yeah, they're 31IV'd all around. My mentality revolving around Pokemon is "why waste your time breeding for IVs when you can cut days from the process with PokeSav?"

31IVs all around is very, VERY improbable, but if you keep at it, you'll eventually get it, so why waste all that time, you know?

Unless you actually like the process, then it's your own thing, I guess.

I wouldn't mind playing friendly Pokemon games or something, so long as the others don't mind playing against 31IV'd Pokemon all around.

Besides, I don't play with OU. Ever.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
"why waste your time breeding for IVs when you can cut days from the process with PokeSav?"
Because some people, like me, can't get pokesav to work on their computers.

...And I prefer training myself anyways since it gets me more attached to my pokemon :3 I wouldn't care for them as much if they were just created, as opposed to when I actually train them :p

I wouldn't mind playing friendlies against people though. I wanna use my Plusle and Minun in a doubles friendly match against someone.
<3 characters in games that work together.

...or a 4 player battle, or any other friendlies against anyone as long as they don't have extreme hacks or something.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
RGV/El paso. Contact Seiya for housing if you havnt already. if anybody else still hasnt got housing. please post and post how many are with you and i will get some housing for you

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Because some people, like me, can't get pokesav to work on their computers.
That's a legitimate reason, of course.

...And I prefer training myself anyways since it gets me more attached to my pokemon :3 I wouldn't care for them as much if they were just created, as opposed to when I actually train them :p
I understand that as well, but it just feels like I'm wasting time when I do that. Kinda like how people choose MK or Snake because they don't want to waste time learning characters who are more difficult to play in tournament.

As for the attachment thing, I guess. There are several Sav'd Pokemon that I do love though, and would hate to lose somehow.

I wouldn't mind playing friendlies against people though. I wanna use my Plusle and Minun in a doubles friendly match against someone.
<3 characters in games that work together.

...or a 4 player battle, or any other friendlies against anyone as long as they don't have extreme hacks or something.
This is why I'm taking my game anyways, because it's always possible to get a game going during matches or something or another.

Besides, I use UU and NU. Even with all 31 IVs, they still get *****.

=====

Also, what Frost said. It's possible that SA will need housing for HOBO17. As of now, 4 people at most.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
A UU/NU team eh? I have one I can use to battle you in friendlies :D I love using it, but people usually just happen to have a cookie cutter team that they brought with them when I actually choose to use that team x.x

As far as 31 IVs go, I personally don't care too much about playing against someone in friendlies with those. I don't spend time breeding for IVs anyways, so mine are usually sub-par anyways (except my Shiny Spiritomb that happened to get good IVs in everything it needs except a 0 in Sp. Def).

Edit: I have a question. What if the pokemon tourny doesn't finnish? It's not uncommon for matches to take an hour or longer.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
A UU/NU team eh? I have one I can use to battle you in friendlies :D I love using it, but people usually just happen to have a cookie cutter team that they brought with them when I actually choose to use that team x.x

As far as 31 IVs go, I personally don't care too much about playing against someone in friendlies with those. I don't spend time breeding for IVs anyways, so mine are usually sub-par anyways (except my Shiny Spiritomb that happened to get good IVs in everything it needs except a 0 in Sp. Def).

Edit: I have a question. What if the pokemon tourny doesn't finnish? It's not uncommon for matches to take an hour or longer.
Ok then. If I go, we're playing some.

As for your question, I would think a time limit on selecting an option inbetween turns would be appropriate to limit the amount of time someone takes up.

Like, give them two or so minutes to choose an attack or to retreat or whatnot.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
That's a legitimate reason, of course.

I understand that as well, but it just feels like I'm wasting time when I do that. Kinda like how people choose MK or Snake because they don't want to waste time learning characters who are more difficult to play in tournament.

As for the attachment thing, I guess. There are several Sav'd Pokemon that I do love though, and would hate to lose somehow.

This is why I'm taking my game anyways, because it's always possible to get a game going during matches or something or another.

Besides, I use UU and NU. Even with all 31 IVs, they still get *****.

=====

Also, what Frost said. It's possible that SA will need housing for HOBO17. As of now, 4 people at most.
I love UU too but I never took the time to make a team for it since no one ever uses them :ohwell: but I think I'll make a UU team for this so we must have friendlies :)

heytallman

CTALL
Don't worry, the tourney will finish. I don't think people need 2 minutes to pick an action. It might be 30 seconds. But it may be hard to police. Of course, we'll have all matches possible playing, and we won't be limited by setups, because everyone will have their own.

I know they can take an upwards to an hour, but it's also normal for one to finish in ~20 minutes. We'll be fine.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
Smashers everywhere:

I will PROBABLY be able to provide some housing.

For those that still need some I may be able to house ~ 4

I'm only about 40 min SE of the tournament. It's not bad at all.
Please let me know ASAP with either a PM or by calling 832-721-4490 if you are interested.
If there is interest, I will double check w/ my parents and make sure this is OK.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If you need more than a minute to make a decision in Pokemon, you have problems. Just make your move and go. :p

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I was referring to extremely long stall wars, like a few I've had that take about an hour and 30 minutes. I have a couple of those uploaded too. In fact, one that I had against YukiJadenSurvives was so long tha he didn't use any walls for a few months.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I was referring to extremely long stall wars, like a few I've had that take about an hour and 30 minutes. I have a couple of those uploaded too. In fact, one that I had against YukiJadenSurvives was so long tha he didn't use any walls for a few months.
This is sometime I'm sure is hopefully being considered.

Walls may take forever. Keep that in mind. :p

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
K so sorry for posting this here. BUT WHERE THE FUCK IS THE EL PASO THREAD >:O
I might be coming to future HOBOs. Because I'm going to be living in Juarez Mexico right next to the border 8) Do you guys get a good turn out most of the time?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
K so sorry for posting this here. BUT WHERE THE FUCK IS THE EL PASO THREAD >:O
I might be coming to future HOBOs. Because I'm going to be living in Juarez Mexico right next to the border 8) Do you guys get a good turn out most of the time?
Hobos are a guarantee 50+ players. You can check the results on the front page of the houston thread.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
OK so DeAngelo has approached me several times asking if I'd be interested in running a Pokemon side event. So this post is to first of all, subscribe to the thread, and secondly, to ask who would be interested in a Pokemon event?

It would be standard OU singles, using Smogon's tier list. Ubers banned, sleep clause, freeze clause, self-KO clause, and evasion and OHKO moves banned.

So far I have a few people interested in playing, but who else would like to TEST THEIR SKILLS at Pokemon D/P/Pt?
Do you mean standard rules? Or ****** smogon standard rules,national standard rules don't have a garchomp ban because he breaks no base stat value rule,also has a crit clause and a unvariable damage move clause,

Smogon is a big place where people go to suck **** but then say they aren't gay for sucking ****,its true, smogon is like popular for appealing to ******s, smogon is like naruto,get that **** out, they banned garchomp now a match consists of SR then TWave then stall so you tWave Sandstall instead of toxic sandstall and now they play in a horrible watered down metagame cuz nobody good goes there and don't count for **** on a national level,aside from shoddy where the crit ratio is like 1/6 moves and anyone can win,which doesn't matter anyway cuz it all depends on the 33% prlz by twave factor.whoever gets that 33% more wins the match,also platinum .platinum is lol,don't do a pokemon tournament,mariokart is more competitive and still a big assfest, OR make this tourney for money and we can compete to see who gets prlz by twave less woot
Crit clause:3 crits =match reset, move clause: moves that don't vary in damage are banned eg dragon rage and seismic toss, smogon is for ******s and I **** them all pce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom