• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hobo 10(houston,tx)=118 players!!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It is because your Falco. Diddy and Falco are two completely different characters. Mario has the Fludd, so it's very easy to gimp Diddy with, also he has quicker attacks that out-prioritize Diddy, he plays more in the air than on the ground, so you can't use bananas, also he has the blanket that reflects the bananas and also diddy's side-b. That is several legitimate reasons why Mario is good against Diddy.

Also, you pick Falco/Jungle Japes everytime, thats the only reason you beat that Mario.

And since Popertop has played us both, his opinion is what matters because of the different play-styles we have.

PS: I'm an aggressive Diddy player, not what you said in the description, running away and such. It's not like you don't either. You shdl, then side-b. Shdl>side-b. Chaingrab, dair. Rinse and Repeat.

Hylian: You do the generic Diddy routine. I was watching you play. You utilt and dtilt way too much when it doesn't matter. You barely use banana set-ups for k0's. I don't have a problem with you man, and I want to keep it that way, so lets?
LOL. You have never seen me play seriously with diddy. Please don't judge me from friendlies. I don't ever play seriously unless it's tournament. The only person I have played seriously in houston with diddy is Sethlon. Trust me, you have no idea how I play.
Shout outs. I do not want to post all of them so here are a few.

Xyro - Great host great and funny guy. Cinnamon match was funny. Gave me advice and his samoose got better lol

Stiltz - Great olimar and our matches were stupid close. 2-1 i almost had him. congratz for
reppin Houston.

Dojo - Met him and saw his MK. Wowz. He helped me with HW so hes kool =P

Bwett - Good yoshi but Dallas will not prevail.

Vash - Good pit yet idk how he defeated T-rex!

Ozz - Avoided our MM lol

Hylian - He lies. He said he didn't use Diddy. I played it lol.

T-rex - Gave me advice

Pipes - Take off the ****en tie and you might get somewhere in life lol

Furbs/Take - Didn't talk to them but i saw the scooby dooby doo

Thats all i can think off the top of my head so sorry to the rest.
I didn't lie, you just didn't bother reading :). I said I didn't play diddy in tournament. I didn't. I don't judge people off friendlies. I expect the same in return.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
LOL. You have never seen me play seriously with diddy. Please don't judge me from friendlies. I don't ever play seriously unless it's tournament. The only person I have played seriously in houston with diddy is Sethlon. Trust me, you have no idea how I play.

I didn't lie, you just didn't bother reading :). I said I didn't play diddy in tournament. I didn't. I don't judge people off friendlies. I expect the same in return.
all im gonna say is i saw your diddy every match..flip is better

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
long post

Roy_R - We went even on those Falcon/Ganon sets, so I'm going to have to change my sig to where Ganon's balls and Falcon's balls are the same size. Those were truly epic matches.
OMG, i would've payed to see those. were any recorded?
CY-i respect u for playin a falco thats not a generic copy of sethlons...
PS: I'm an aggressive Diddy player, not what you said in the description, running away and such. It's not like you don't either. You shdl, then side-b. Shdl>side-b. Chaingrab, dair. Rinse and Repeat.
I lol'd.
Watts-Your ZSS>>>>>>>>>>Ozz ZSS...get out of here Ozz!!!!
Too bad I don't main ZSS. i saw him play.... plays a lot differently then i do.

Ozz - Avoided our MM lol
False lol. i did 2 mms. looked around, no razer...... u said u were getting water or somethin.
we'll do it next time though.

i also uploaded my angle of the cinnamon challenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IPwHXb873k

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Infinity's team- wow. the first set we played I didn't even know that was you guys we were playing, but that second set you came back with a ****ing VENGENCE. xD If it werent for you guys I think we could have gotten 3rd or 2nd easily. But I guess you guys needed the gas money more rofl.
Woot, UTD Zac is back! (slowly anyway).

Shoutouts:

Broly: You were the only person I wanted to play in friendlies before the tournament started, mostly because I wanted to say I got beat by Broly ;) Somehow I managed to come back on game 3 cause of counterpick stages, but dang your too good!

Infinity: We placed 2nd WTF, pro; though we need to work on our teams more. I need to get better at DK since he was a great answer to "Team 5-letter S word".

PowerNap: Our last match was sick. I get a judgment KO at 20% but still ended up losing. I was way too tired to play in singles that night, typically I don't have problems against DDD's. I gave FOGO to win in losers (you can asked, he 3-stocked me twice =)) cause he was way more awake and excited that i was haha.

Xyro: Still upset we didn't get to play. Great tournament!

Sethlon: Peach + Roy + Dreamland = Made my night =) Good melee stuff dude!

@ All of Dallas: Way to rock guys. We placed 2nd in both singles in doubles. Pretty dang amazing.

@ The brackets... wtf happened? I think they got moved around too much. Infinity and I had to play team chaos (DMG and Shiken) twice, once in winners and again in losers, before the finals. Then in singles I had to play two of the people I rode with... really =/

Santi

Smash Lord
Time to do some shout outs :p

Xyro- EPIC tourney! I didn't get to play your Samus at all but it looked really good. Congrats on placing top ten with her. I appreciate all the effort you put into this and just going around and making sure everything is going good. Awesome host =)

Stiltz- THE CHOSEN ONE!! If you think about it, winning HOBO 10 was your destiny =)Way to win :) Your so chill and an amazing player. Our matches were soo close, atleast the first two. I'm glad I got some more Olimar practice haha. BUCKET TECH?!??!??!?!??!?!?!?! wtf.

Dojo- It's an honor to play you everday and being your teamate even though I fail. Help me in accounting tomorow plzzzz. I couldn't focus friday :D Way to rep 325.

DMG- Where were our friendlies??? =( I think before HOBO 10 you were one of the most underated players in Texas, way to go placing so well.

Gnes- Dude, how the heck were we playing eachother first round. I hate losing my first match and then trying to place well. You stayed so patient in our matches and I applaud you for that, I know the spam was annoying. Your have a sick Kirby. Too sick. Teach me your ways haha. Oh and thanks for beating Broken arrow =(

Hylian- You left without saying bye or anything :( :( We need to play some friendlies next time. You did some crazy stuff on Hylian Cruise.

Bear- Your
Are
The
Sh*t

=)
Thanks for housing San Angelo at your amazing crib. ilyilyily

Jeff-Thanks for not crashing or anything. I know its hard driving home after a 12 hour tourney and then eating a meal. And I owe you for the Zamus practice. It saved my butt in the tourney.

Sandtrap- I owe you my life. Pro driving bro.

Fogo- You make me laugh wayy too much. I think your DDD figured my TL out *scared face*

Ice- friendlies are always fun =) Crazy kill on MK during the crew battle

Bwett- Billy is Yoshi God.

Kailo- Friendlies were fun. I wanted to play your wolf a little more though.

Broly- Your an inspiration.

Vash- Jonas Brothers hehe. Pit?? Pit?? whaaaaaa. good sh*t

Zori- I finally got to play you =)

Tuexedo Maniac- Good games. You hit me with the fart so efficiently. Very nice.

Cake- Lmao. Driving with you is too pro. What happened to you sucks and I'm sorry. But the match I saw you play was super impressive. Beating MK and almost a Snake with fox is awesome. Cakecontrol.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Woot, UTD Zac is back! (slowly anyway).

Shoutouts:
@ The brackets... wtf happened? I think they got moved around too much. Infinity and I had to play team chaos (DMG and Shiken) twice, once in winners and again in losers, before the finals. Then in singles I had to play two of the people I rode with... really =/
yeah i call shenanigans on the bracket, I had to fight mr. 3000 again early on same as the only other houston tourny ive been to, and lost both times xD

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The tournament had a lot of people, so the bracket wasn't that good. But it was only because TOO many good people were there, so you can imagine how hard it was to separate everyone. There wouldn't have been a bracket everyone would be happy with.

So I guess the point I'm making is that everyone should stop doing so good and start sandbagging more. <_<

Or we could just all use low tiers, kekekekekekeke.

Zori

Smash Champion
Shout outs

Doubles

ozz- Good stuff teams was a simi disater I still had fun, practice for our weegee dittos :D.

first teams-Dunno who you are

double lucas team- Haha good job guys you have some really good counter picks, gg

krd js-ps2 is too good I had fun.

Razorand marth- I hate snake even more now.

frindys with

conker- good games

cake- Nice olimar thanks for the compliments ill talk to you soon.

santi-what can i say, you had to do what you had to do but next time ill do what i have to do ;)

lucas player-yeah

gnes-good **** for getting 5th, good frindlys, play me online LOL

gea-stop picking on ozz!

kdr-nice talking to you again you need to stick with one character lol

rave-Im pretty sure you wanted to play me lol.

gar-funny story, I though you where sethlon o-0. When norfail fliped and you got footstolled i was very happy.

fox player-you play fox

hylain-The highlight of my day, I stayed as long as i could for our match, kdr gave me some advice before out match
that really helped me out. your ice climbers are good, you pulled some hack recoverys,my 3 stock on weegees mansion was pretty cool im sure your going to ban that next time........ then you went rainbow and i tried my best

to stay alive :D awesome player ^^ what i expected :)

And then I had to leave :ddddddddddd got 33 and only played 3 matches cause im that good.

sammi is hot lol

kalio pink controler is too good (see you get shout outs :) )

hope i didn't miss anyone.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Alright heres my shoutouts xD

Furby: Thank you for successfully changing my thoughts about Yoshi players IRL. I now know for a fact that all yoshi mains are the funniest people in tourneys.

Fogo: Thx for the good match. Hopefully well meet again at the next HOBO and ill be better than before. :)

Hylian and Sandtrap: I have never lost $20 so fast since i went to the arcade for the first time when i was 9. Thanks for the good matches

Gnes: Your kirby is so freakin insane. Sorry about ditchin on the kirby ditto, but i was real late and driving 3 hours back to Corpus would have been a **** ton tougher if i had stayed. But ill definitely take you up on that offer the next tourney we meet up at.

Ill have some pics and other things i took uploaded later. The tourney vids came out kinda disorganized plus i was real exhausted so i didnt get all the footage i wanted. Sorry :|

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
I remembered another shoutout:

To whoever brought TV #3: I HATE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Um...

Wario is at the top of high tier lol.
About a month after the game came out, t0mmy or t1mmy came out with a tier list and Wario was in low tier. It was a low tier tourney only and Wario was allowed, even though he ***** lol. So now we call him low tier :)

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion

yeah i know its just internet sarcasm lol :) of course i wouldnt judge no one out of friendlies :p

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
So who all is considered low tier now? I've never really cared about tiers (cmon i mained kirby in melee >_> ) but it'd be good to know I guess.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
This is not the houston thread, so stop spamming it with ******** ****. I cant even make a **** thread without morons spamming it over and over again.

Xyro: You got 9th out of 118 people? Defeated Sethlon(falco), lee harris(rob), and Ice(snake) and much much more only using samus?????? OMG this cements the fact that clearly your the best samus on the planet. Xyro>tudor+rohins+level 9 ganon+M2k

Kown: You are trash, your pit is trash, you let me down in teams, your trash. GTFU and GTFO to the dumpster where you belong, trash. Oh and please die!

Kalo: We ARE going to Va......period!!!!

Jeremy Fiefer: Thanks for not showing up, if i remember right, u have NEVER attended a HOBO......

Lee Harris: Thanks for the tourney feedback. its REALLY hard to make 118 people happy at a tourney with limited space and set-ups. We had about 22 tvs but only 15 had wiis. It was hot because the venue had 40 arcades, 15 tvs, 15 wiis, 118+ humans...theres only so much you can do. However, thank you for coming and you are welcome back at any time.

Dojo/sant/fogo/dmg/infini/bwet/ other OOC people: THANK YOU for showing up. With out your attendance this would not have been nearly as big OR fun. All of your skills added a nice mix ad cause alot of up-sets in this event..THANK YOU SO MUCH, and you are welcome at ANY TIME to come back wether its for smash or just to hang. You guys made the tournament what it is....AWESOME!!!

SandTrap: no johns, very good matches! Your clearly the better player.

Sethlon: It was luck(2 stocking your falco), dont think i can do it again.

Andree: you will never read this but.....DO NOT LET GO of sami......MEGA HOT GiRLS THAT PLAY SMASH ARE HARD TO COME BY!!!!!!!!

Take: go back to buttmont

Esca: for the love of god, drop your diddy. it lost you the cinnamon challenge. If you wanna vomit agaiin, challenge me again......the cinnamon is waiting

CY: by looking at your bracket, it was by far the 2nd easiest bracket in the tourney. Lucky *****.

Hylian: You missed a few hobos but made it back, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHOWING UP!!!!!!

Nore and pipes: ..........................................sweet!!!!!

Razer: for a 13 year old who uses a wiimote, you continue to do very well. Your a funny little mexico.

Furbs: i just saw the video of you dancing in the street with the scooby doo outfit......i cant believe i associate myself with you. That was so horrible.

T-rex: WTF happened? You have won like 5 hobos and now you get 33rd? YARGH!!!!!!!

Mr.3000: your ike on royrs marth? im so so sorry you had to go thru that.

Stiltz: I save you for last because i needed time to think about what i was gonna say. First off, your truly the REASON why i enjoy doing what i do for houston. You are by far the most consistant player in this state and when your allies are falling to the enemy, you push on and lead the city on your own. You are so cool that even the enemy was rooting for you. This is something that i havnt even seen. You are amazing and im VERY pround to say STILTZ fights for houston. Good F***ing job, son!

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Oh add in that Fliphop was in TEH CONROE ._. . Hobo 11 is where I'll be at for sure ^_^.

MY BOOTLEG SHOUTOUTS
Hylian don't worry about the Diddy drama, like you said you didn't use him in the tourney bracket so there's no reason to compare diddys.
Oh Esca, you have to face ZSDK, I think he's a diddy from San Antonio. Heard he's good over there.
KALO- Teams next time, we'll take out GNES and GEA ALL DAY RITE?
TGM too good man, 9th!! WUTT
Stiltz- haha REP THAT TMG ALL DAY. Dang 800 dollars, thats like... MY CREDITCARD PAYMENT T_T

Gnes

Smash Master
Oh add in that Fliphop was in TEH CONROE ._. . Hobo 11 is where I'll be at for sure ^_^.

MY BOOTLEG SHOUTOUTS
Hylian don't worry about the Diddy drama, like you said you didn't use him in the tourney bracket so there's no reason to compare diddys.
Oh Esca, you have to face ZSDK, I think he's a diddy from San Antonio. Heard he's good over there.
Stiltz- haha REP THAT TMG ALL DAY. Dang 800 dollars, thats like... MY CREDITCARD PAYMENT T_T
OH REALLY???? DK+Peach=epic ownage...well see though...we get better every tourney...

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I totally understand Xyro, I just wanted to give you some feedback to work with. Hopefully by the time the next PZ Hobo comes around they will have moved, because I don't think I could handle another HOBO in their current spot. But like I've said, you and Dugfin make the tournaments awesome, so I'd love to come to Houston again soon.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Yow, nice job Xyro. Glad there's sum1 out there who's doing well with a char that ISN't hi tier. :D
I'ts been about 4 or 5 HOBO's since my last HOBO...so yea, me and my friends were kinda rusty. :\
Glad we got far in teams, tho. Speaking of which, could u post the doubles results next chance u get?

O btw, PhoenixAlpha, EPIC match. Ike just pwns sumtimes, doesn't he? :p Too bad i failed against ur lucas tho, lol.
Speaking of which, I also used ike, so if u read this xyro, put ike next to my name as well.

Cuz Ike pwns. :p

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

MY BOOTLEG SHOUTOUTS
Seriously! XD. I'm not even trying to compare my diddy to yours lol. I don't know why everyone else wants to XD. As far as I'm concerned you are the best diddy in texas. I would never say I have a better diddy unless I started placing higher then you with diddy lol.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
not really.
random good kirby player
Smiley? Maybe?

I and Xyro, I just wanted to give you some work. Hopefully by the time the next Ho they will have moved, because I don't think I could handle another HO in their spot. But like I've said, you and tournaments awesome, so I'd love to come again.
.../boredness.

I went through the trouble of EDITING that to ask you if you were going to King Mosk's tourney on the 20th. You were sick for shdl (we had a money match :(**...), and i have this strange mentality that ganon is just a piece of **** with strong as hell hitboxes named ganon.
So are you going?
PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ ganon sucks PLZ PLZ PLZ

AND OMG posting in a results thread for a tourney that i didn't even attend...too good?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
My shoutouts are short:

UTD Zac - Pro teams dude. First time teaming with you in tournament and we get 2nd while I'm on 0 hours of sleep and you're on like 3 or 4; nothing else needs to be said.

DMG - I O U $10

Dallas - Good job guys, we represented well.

South Texas - Too bad I didn't get to play (m)any of you while we were down there. I promise next time we come I'll sleep more and we'll get in some good friendlies/money matches.

Anyone who came to Dennys - Epic. All the cool people went to Dennys.

Anyone who didn't come to Dennys <cough>Hylian<cough> - Fail.

The Peach and DK/Kirby team - Pro sh** dudes, you guys rocked the casbah getting all the way there through the competition.

Seth - "Dude I was watching that Falco play and was thinking 'Man, that Falco is doing some Sethlon sh**!' and then you stood up and I was like 'Oh hey, that's a pretty good reason, IT IS SETHLON!'"

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Seriously! XD. I'm not even trying to compare my diddy to yours lol. I don't know why everyone else wants to XD. As far as I'm concerned you are the best diddy in texas. I would never say I have a better diddy unless I started placing higher then you with diddy lol.
Haha, since I read the diddy forums, I thought you was going to pursue diddy, but you got alot of characters to choose from while having diddy as a secondary. Funny thing is we never faced each other on singles at any hobo ever. Maybe hobo XX we'll face each other for some intense matches ^_^

GEA PEACH VS DIDDY LYLAT LETZ GO

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Hylian: We didn't do too good in teams =/ I wanna make a reference to Captain Hook's attempted suicide in the movie Hook, but I don't think you'd catch it...

Infinity: Told you I was gonna get *****... Thanks for tryin ta cheer me up though :)

Stiltz: Way to beast :bigthumbu

RoyR: Good stuff taking teams, 'specially with all the competition.

Gnes: Your kirby was fun to play against...refreshing, after how brawls been for me lately.

Kailo: :roymelee: is a beast. You're coming to BeBoBli's tourney this weekend, right?

Xzalla: Haha, I'm pulling off ****in DBZ combos, roy can teleport around the screen now :colorful:

Mouf: Fighting your DK is way too much fun. And denny's was a blast, too.

Gea: <3

I'm tired, so I'm cutting it off there.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
+2 shoutouts:

The Peach and DK/Kirby team - Pro sh** dudes, you guys rocked the casbah getting all the way there through the competition.

Seth - "Dude I was watching that Falco play and was thinking 'Man, that Falco is doing some Sethlon sh**!' and then you stood up and I was like 'Oh hey, that's a pretty good reason, IT IS SETHLON!'"

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
HOBO 10 Video!
PZ player footage (not matches), Cinna-Challenge (1:48), and Scooby Dance! (4:57)
(sorry for the gay song.... it was late and I don't know what I was thinking...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9v6Np4IH4o

I'll upload photos later...
Tio results have been up'ed to AiB.

Shoutouts!
Stilz: <insert generic congratulatory quote here> But seriously, good job man!
Boss: Get in contact with Furbs!
ABDK: As always, awesome shirts!
Furbs: Awesome. Epically awesome. I might go as Pit to Hobo 12.... you have to bring Scooby again!
Gea: Must. Memorize. Face... Ah!
RocketTrainer: I think i used your wave at the beginning of the video...
Broly: ... ... .. A.. Announcer.. Girl...? *eye twitches* ~ ~;;;
Pipes: And thus you learn to fear the T-Rex's Squid. *shudder* Also, Cuba is "preparing" itself for Ike. It will receive "no sympathy" from him.... He fights for his friends! *picks Metaknight* B,B,B,B,B!!!!
Lee Harris: Yeah, the venue worked kind of OK - but then over 100+ came aaaand suddenly the PZ venue didn't work OK anymore. I'm currently looking for another venue (a bigger one). Hopefully, I can find one soon... Hopefully. 'Cause it's always fun having you over! Sorry I didn't let you show my camera your nipples... Um.. Next.. Time? ~ ~;;;
Shiken: If you bring flyers to the Hobo's next time, you can pass them out advertising your tourneys. Hopefully, we can attend. I know I want to! Also, I like the interesting names - makes things more fun!
Vash: You give me hope, I thought I had lost, that Pit doesn't suck. Thank you.
Kailo: As always, your existence amuses me in SO many ways. Thanks! Keep it up!
UTD Zac and Shiken: Thanks for coming! *sigh* Randomly generated brackets sometimes do that. Sorry you had to play your friends and such, but there were so many good players, it was impossible to make it to where no one fought someone they knew through the whole thing. I always have several players look at me while I make brackets, so they can confirm this. Feel free to look at me hit the random button at the next tourney and see the brackets get made. We're perfectly fine with everyone looking at them. But, it's great having you guys attend, seriously!
KRDsonic: Please forgive me for misspelling your name! I think my brain was temporarily fried by the time I entered you into Tio. So. Many. Players... o O! Also, your sig is... very memorable. Good job!
Xyro77: Well, well, my hommie. 9th. No more needs saying. Too nice. ^ ~
Youtube: Freakin' takin' FO'EVA to load the video - and destroying everybit of quality while you were at it - Argh! But you often amuse me at 3 in the morning, so I forgive you. Slightly.
Dallas players: You guys are awesome strong! Smack Melee1 forme for not coming!
To everyone else: You guys make HOBOs awesome! See ya'll at the next one - and don't be afraid to say Yoh to me. Or maybe destroy me in friendlies..? ~ ~;;;

Top Bottom