• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Higurashi Mafia - Game Over! Who won?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Nevermind. I skipped Ryker's commentary.
Ryker said:
8. Auspher: New, but claims to have experience elsewhere IIRC. Either he will actually know what the **** is up and this will be corrected, or he will quickly prove to have the same issue I outlined for ORI. High on the vig/cop list.

D

Deleted member

I haven't played mafia in forums, but I've played it a lot IRL.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
"This repeating time. This repeating world. These people, constantly contesting Fate, struggling time and time again through all the despair and tragedy thrown at them...

In this newly born world, is the pursuit of my happiness, and the probability of a blissful world being born, is that comfort enough for the blood and tears of the sinless? I do not know."

It is the June of 1983 and the villagers are getting ready for the annual Watanagashi festival! Everyone is excited, but also fearful at the same time. For the past four years, someone has been killed and another person has disappeared on the night of the festival. Will it happen again this year?

Day 1 Starts! With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

JO_OEY [0]
tHe-Man [0]
Acrostic [0]
Crimson King [0]
Red Ryu [0]
ORI_bro [0]
felipe_9595 [0]
Auspher [0]
J [0]
SangfroidWarrior [0]
Sworddancer [0]
Balatro [0]
Gheb [0]

Not voting: JO_OEY, tHe-Man, Acrostic, Crimson King, Red Ryu, ORI_bro, felipe_9595, Auspher, J, SangfroidWarrior, Sworddancer, Balatro, Gheb

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Huh? Oh, that was sudden.

Vote: Balatro

I got a feeling in my bones about you.

@J, Gheb, and Sang: What do you guys think of Ryker's 36? Was that necessary and/or helpful? Did he need to do that?

Balatro, were you expecting him to answer your question like that? Are you satisfied with your answer?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Felipe quoted the rules showing that he was aware he should have pm'd the moderator. Instead he chose to post in the forum thread. Felipe has played enough games in order to know that one should be careful with regards to such matters. I believe that his initial action was done intentionally for him to be seen as a more inexperienced player he really is and can only see scum having such a reason to play the "dumb" alibi.

Vote: felipe_9595

D

Deleted member

That sounds like good reasoning. I mean, it's hard to have decent reasoning so early in the game, so I'm impressed.

Vote: felipe_9595

#HBC | Dancer

Boy, jumping to conclusions awfully fast, aren't we?

I'm not mad. I'm just pointing out that you're wrong, and I don't like how you immediately came into this game sheeping someone. Perhaps I should of elaborated a little more.

Acrostic's reasoning is indeed about as good as your going to get just starting out. However, nothing about it was in the slightest "impressive," nor was it really even "good" reasoning. You're acting like he may actually have a good argument against Felipe so early on when in reality there is nothing there that anyone could or should truly go off of.

D

Deleted member

There IS nothing that you can go off of. That was my point, and he seemed to come up with elaborate reasoning. I thought it was worth something, so why not? I don't get what your problem is.

#HBC | Dancer

So Auspher what you really mean to say is "Sworddancer I don't fully understand your vote. Could you please elaboate?" Not "Oh look I don't get Sworddancer, could he be trying to kill off the newbie?"

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I have a feeling Swords may be trying something, but if hes not, then I have something to say about him v auspher LOL.

#HBC | Dancer

There IS nothing that you can go off of. That was my point, and he seemed to come up with elaborate reasoning. I thought it was worth something, so why not? I don't get what your problem is.
So is elaborate reasoning good reasoning?

Also what's your read on Felipe right now?

D

Deleted member

Good reasoning for this early in the game. And I simply agree with it.

#HBC | Dancer

I have a feeling Swords may be trying something, but if hes not, then I have something to say about him v auspher LOL.
Oh Joey if you think it's a gambit then why point it out and blahblahblah

No, I'm not trying anything in the sense that I'm not trying to pull a gambit, if that's what you mean. If you have something to say, then feel free to chip in.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Auspher, do you think that Sworddancer's intervention was scummy?
Do you think that he and Felipe could possibly be mafia partners?
I want to hear your thoughts, even if you are unsure. That's okay.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Doesn't pointing out a gambit ruin it?

Unvote

Honestly, I was going to say how bad your accusations looked, since Auspher's perspective on what Acrostic said seems very believable since hes new to forum mafia, but his responses to what you've said are making me doubt him. On one side, I don't see why he would agree to what Acrostic said so early unless he actually agreed with it and thought it was special. I can't see it as sheeping xD. On the other side though, I don't like the way he responded to you at all, since it seems to come off as an attack.

Neither side is really worth the vote though XD.

#HBC | Dancer

Sheeping via **** sucking Joey. Look at his post. He sheeped Acrostic by acting impressed for doing something that I think is wholly unimpressive. It's a little hard for me to buy.

Unvote

Honestly, I was going to say how bad your accusations looked, since Auspher's perspective on what Acrostic said seems very believable since hes new to forum mafia, but his responses to what you've said are making me doubt him. On one side, I don't see why he would agree to what Acrostic said so early unless he actually agreed with it and thought it was special. I can't see it as sheeping xD. On the other side though, I don't like the way he responded to you at all, since it seems to come off as an attack.

Isn't this just the same side over again? 0_0

D

Deleted member

Auspher, do you think that Sworddancer's intervention was scummy?
Do you think that he and Felipe could possibly be mafia partners?
I want to hear your thoughts, even if you are unsure. That's okay.
I mean, I honestly think they could be mafia partners, since he did attack me right as soon as he thought feline was in danger.

And sworddancer, I don't have a read other than what Acrostic has already said. We'll see when he posts again, because now there's just not enough to go off of.

#HBC | Dancer

I would so quick edit that if SWF didn't turn gay on us

EDWOP:

Joey said:
Unvote

Btw I agree with what you said about his response to me looking weird, if I hadn't already made that clear already.

#HBC | Dancer

Okay Auspher, would you say that me and Felipe are more likely to be mafia partners than others in this thread?

#HBC | Dancer

Righto ol' chap. Mum is the word on this matter (you thinking me and Felipe are the current most likely scum buddies) for me for now.

What do you think of RR Aspher?

Same question goes out to any newbie who sees this.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Sheeping via **** sucking Joey. Look at his post. He sheeped Acrostic by acting impressed for doing something that I think is wholly unimpressive. It's a little hard for me to buy.

Unvote

No.

One side: I see it as him being honest and sharing his opinions with the town in an honest way(through agreeing with Acrostic). The first part you bolded.

Other side: His responses to you make me feel less safe about him. Other part you bolded.

I guess @ Gambit thing.

Acting? Thats one of the sides I have. I feel that he honestly feels that way towards Acrostic and what he said. I don't see it as an act to say the least.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
@Auspher:

a. If Sworddancer and Felipe were mafia partners, then I doubt him voting you would be a scum gambit on his end as there is no benefit towards him tying a relationship this close with his 'partner' early on in the game. Please note that I didn't say that this omits them from being partners, rather the idea that this was an intentional action by Sword to obfuscate or reveal a relationship between him and Felipe.

b. I have mixed feelings about Sworddancer intervening in on you with regards to my initial vote on Felipe. I believe he was trying to get an early read on you by applying pressure with regards to your vote. I do not like how he did it though as I find it very gruff and ineffective (i.e. Clint Eastwood style). I can see pro-town intent, but I do not agree with his execution.

c. I want you to encourage you/Ori/Balatro to form your own thoughts and ideas as well. The main reason why new players are high on the vig list as Ryker puts it, is because they are often passive and find it hard to express themselves, much less try to push and find scum on their own initiative (Ironically I still suck at this). I kind of want to encourage you guys to think independently and also to share your ideas in a open manner so we don't have to be paranoid about the new guys being scum or have you lynched due to inexperience.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar

Unvote

Whoa there, hombre.

Please explain why it's not "worth a vote." You gain nothing with your vote sitting in space and nothing else has stuck out to you or you would've commented on it. A real man gather's evidence with his gun arm, not by waiting on gossip like a saloon serving girl.

Draw. We gain nothing from a yellow-bellied coward.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Why should I vote? I'm feeling neutral on both players at the moment to say the least. Neither deserve the vote, and after the discussion going on, I feel that there is no need for me to have a random vote out there.

I'm not a "real man". I'm gay. :p

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
No.

One side: I see it as him being honest and sharing his opinions with the town in an honest way(through agreeing with Acrostic). The first part you bolded.

Other side: His responses to you make me feel less safe about him. Other part you bolded.

I guess @ Gambit thing.

Acting? Thats one of the sides I have. I feel that he honestly feels that way towards Acrostic and what he said. I don't see it as an act to say the least.

BANG!

Vote Joey

J, be my deputy and explain why we need to bring this little lady to justice.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Why should I vote? I'm feeling neutral on both players at the moment to say the least. Neither deserve the vote, and after the discussion going on, I feel that there is no need for me to have a random vote out there.

I'm not a "real man". I'm gay. :p

What have you gained in your posts throughout the thread thus far?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Aw, Ryker is too sweet with putting me and Sang on the list of heavy hitters. Funny enough because a lot of what he says in that list is true. I mean it wasn't needed but since ORI_bro (or Balatro(?)) asked it was nice of him to do that.

^Response to Swords kind.

Vote: SangfroidWarrior

:3c Do I get to mess with you again this game?

@TM: From what I can gather from your posts, you seem to think that he is useless/fluff posting and being a bit waffly/careful with his response to Swords. That or you just really like pushing Joey in games *shrug*.

Omg hai Joey, we finally in a game together again. =D

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Just realized I didn't really answer the question... Kinda.

Its not worth a vote because I don't have two votes basically, and putting a vote on one player over the other would make me feel awful because they both deserve it equally.

@ 2nd post: And then it starts. Aw well, not giving a **** :cool:

@ 3rd post: What have I gained in MY posts? What should I be gaining from my own posts? I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to gain information from other people's posts and use that to form my own opinion. In the end, the only thing I've "gained" from my posts is the fact that my opinion on Auspher's responses and Auspher's post about Acrostic are out there?

J <3~! Hello!

#HBC | Dancer

@Auspher:

a. If Sworddancer and Felipe were mafia partners, then I doubt him voting you would be a scum gambit on his end as there is no benefit towards him tying a relationship this close with his 'partner' early on in the game. Please note that I didn't say that this omits them from being partners, rather the idea that this was an intentional action by Sword to obfuscate or reveal a relationship between him and Felipe.

b. I have mixed feelings about Sworddancer intervening in on you with regards to my initial vote on Felipe. I believe he was trying to get an early read on you by applying pressure with regards to your vote. I do not like how he did it though as I find it very gruff and ineffective (i.e. Clint Eastwood style). I can see pro-town intent, but I do not agree with his execution.

c. I want you to encourage you/Ori/Balatro to form your own thoughts and ideas as well. The main reason why new players are high on the vig list as Ryker puts it, is because they are often passive and find it hard to express themselves, much less try to push and find scum on their own initiative (Ironically I still suck at this). I kind of want to encourage you guys to think independently and also to share your ideas in a open manner so we don't have to be paranoid about the new guys being scum or have you lynched due to inexperience.
B. Ha, Clint Eastwood style. I'm not going for that right now but I may try that out later now that you've implanted the idea into my head.

In any case, are you simply counter balancing the effect my post gave off with the intention you read behind it?

C. *sigh* I would rather you not hand hold newbies like this. It makes it harder to see them uncorrupted, for the true selves that they may be.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Swords, what did you hope to gain out of my response to your question about Ryker's explanation? Do you like where TM is going with their vote?

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
@ 3rd post: What have I gained in MY posts? What should I be gaining from my own posts? I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to gain information from other people's posts and use that to form my own opinion. In the end, the only thing I've "gained" from my posts is the fact that my opinion on Auspher's responses and Auspher's post about Acrostic are out there?

I'm not sure if you're serious. In order to preform a successful investigation, a player has to use his posts to turn up information. You should be gaining with every post you make or you shouldn't be making it.

I ask again, what did you gain from your posts thus far in the thread.

Top Bottom