• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hierarchies of Power: The Ganon Community Tier List! (Updated October 8th 2017)

Favorite/Best SSB4 Ganon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
@ Opana Opana and @ Z1GMA Z1GMA you should challenge Papaya. I need more impressions to confirm it, but I think he's similar in skill level to you guys overall. He's gotten noticeably better since the last time I played him, and I'm thinking he's generally talented enough that he could be argued A tier. At the very least, I think he's clearly better than me, even though I'm able to take games off him, he wins more often, and usually more convincingly.

He plays Ganon quite aggressively, in contrast to my defensive playstyle. I think Opana you might find some similarities in how he plays compared to you.
I'm probably going to play against him this weekend.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I'd be interested in vs'ing some of you guys to see how I'd fare in this community tier list. Looking forward to seeing how I stack up against the greats.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@Vex Kasrani should probably be ranked in the A tier (at least) as well. I don't know of any other Ganons with his results in the west.
It would be nice it we had more to observe from, and also if he was around to discuss. I'll put his name on the side for now.

I'd be interested in vs'ing some of you guys to see how I'd fare in this community tier list. Looking forward to seeing how I stack up against the greats.
It's been a long time since we played (in BBrawl no less). I would certainly be down for it. Maybe in 15 minutes perhaps if that works for you?

Last edited:

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
It would be nice it we had more to observe from, and also if he was around to discuss. I'll put his name on the side for now.

It's been a long time since we played (in BBrawl no less). I would certainly be down for it. Maybe in 15 minutes perhaps if that works for you?
Alright I'll boot up the Wii U. Should we use customs? I haven't gotten around to updating my sets yet, but I can do it now if you want to practice with them.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Alright I'll boot up the Wii U. Should we use customs? I haven't gotten around to updating my sets yet, but I can do it now if you want to practice with them.
Anything works for me. Let's go!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Good games, @ Big O Big O you are good at playing patiently and when it counts you make some very precise and well thought out punishes (though my knowledge of punishes in the ditto matchup is much better). Sometimes you're quite predictable offstage and when being juggled, and I think that's probably the main area where I'd recommend you concentrate.

Atm I'll put you in C tier. And your Donkey Kong is great. You pick options very intelligently.

Last edited:

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
GG's @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG . I feel like my neutral was pretty solid, but my disadvantaged state is pretty terrible. My OoS needs work too since I don't really have a feel for how much I can get away with yet.The importance of upwards DI for recovery purposes and teching stage spikes hasn't been ingrained in me yet. Not knowing how to react to the Uthrows cost me a lot in the earlier matches as well. That one three stock was pretty funny (and a little embarassing lol).

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, I agree with that. You space well and don't usually over-commit, and you caught me offstage a few times pretty well even though I'm usually pretty good about optimizing my recovery. My strengths are personally in the advantage and disadvantage state. I usually have those optimized in matchups I'm familiar with. I think most Ganon players are able to play a better neutral than me when they have technical familiarity with the character.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Well, Ganon sucks in neutral, but when he has momentum, he's easily one of the strongest characters in the game.
And yeah, when he's at a disadvantage, he can turn the tides in ways other characters can only dream of.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I will be on Papaya's stream shortly, possibly with Gungnir.

EDIT: Well, I fought Gungnir, Rudori, and Papaya. I was beaten pretty badly by all of them in all honesty, I don't know why but I was playing super defensive and attempting so many reads that weren't there lol. I'd say Papaya is better than me, Rudori maybe although I didn't play him much due to Gungnir winnng the majority in our rotations. There was a bit of input lag, although it didn't seem to affect Papaya or Rudori too much. Gungnir seemed to be playing safer, he also missed one tech which is pretty unlike him from my experience. I don't know how different the outcome would be with less input lag but either way there's no doubt Papaya is A tier. I actually went pretty even with Rudori and most games were one sided but again there weren't many. I'm pretty disappointed in how I did though, been trying to rematch Gungnir for a long time and got beat worse.

I'd put Papaya under Z1G but either above or below me. I'd say Rudori is at the top of B from what I saw/fought.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Personally I feel like I usually take slightly more games off Papaya than I do vs you @ Opana Opana . It could just be a matter of how playstyles interact, although I feel he plays a lot like you in several ways.

I think right now I play sorta like a mix of Pon and Z1GMA, mostly really defensive playstyle with an emphasis on ending stocks with different types of hard reads, though I don't yet have the same technical consistency. Mostly I know I don't play neutral as well as other Ganon mains, though I believe I'm generally pretty solid at consistently getting edgeguards that are supposed to happen, as well as juggles on flat stages (I need to work on Battlefield).

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I just played Papaya for about an hour & he's pretty good.
Really good spacing & incredibly accurate in general, but i felt like i had better edgeguards & better use of flame choke.
Our matches had some input delay so i'm taking it with a grain of salt though.
I'll probably upload some of our matches to the replay channel later on.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I think @ adom4 adom4 is A as well, just realized he's not. Probably above me too; in about an hour I'd like to mirror people as I'm pretty awake and had some coffee lol.

@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG thanks, although I did pretty poorly all around and not just vs. Papaya. Actually, I wouldn't say poorly, I'd say I played unlike myself though. I want to play Papaya again though, maybe just us for hopefully less input lag.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I think @ adom4 adom4 is A as well, just realized he's not. Probably above me too; in about an hour I'd like to mirror people as I'm pretty awake and had some coffee lol.

@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG thanks, although I did pretty poorly all around and not just vs. Papaya. Actually, I wouldn't say poorly, I'd say I played unlike myself though. I want to play Papaya again though, maybe just us for hopefully less input lag.
How was Gungnir?
I had a bit of delay against Potechi & Papaya & i'm kinda worried i'll lag against him too.
Also i'm kinda scared

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm not really always sure how to rank @ adom4 adom4 given his internet connection has often been shaky. From experience @ adom4 adom4 and I go pretty even, and often with pretty close games. He does use customs slightly better than I do.

And as for Gungnir I'll just personally say he's the one Ganon main who I'm outright afraid to edgeguard. I still have nightmares about him suicide spiking me with D-air after I tried to N-air edgeguard him.

I also haven't taken a single game off him yet. I did have a few where I came close and even managed to occasionally take the first stock from him, but his technical consistency is legendary.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
There was probably input lag when I did that tourney set although not too noticeable. This time I was with Rudori, Papaya, and Gungnir with noticeable input lag although that was there with just Papaya. I don't recall if I had input lag with Potetchi, if I did it was probably similar to Gungnir in the sense that I didn't notice it.

@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG to avoid double posting.

Idk, some dorfs really handle me well, in all honesty after all these dorf fights it's not my favorite MU. I feel like I can't be my reckless self as much and just don't feel confident. I mean, I felt pretty confident fighting ZeRo's Sheik but if he went dorf I don't think I'd have done as well despite him not actively using him. I usually win the later games and he wins the earlier games @ adom4 adom4 .

I took I think like 3 games off Gungnir yesterday, probably two of those from him going for all or nothing reads lol. I didn't edge guard much due to not feeling too confident yesterday, although I think it's potentially my greatest strength.

You up for games A2?

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
There was probably input lag when I did that tourney set although not too noticeable. This time I was with Rudori, Papaya, and Gungnir with noticeable input lag although that was there with just Papaya. I don't recall if I had input lag with Potetchi, if I did it was probably similar to Gungnir in the sense that I didn't notice it.

@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG to avoid double posting.

Idk, some dorfs really handle me well, in all honesty after all these dorf fights it's not my favorite MU. I feel like I can't be my reckless self as much and just don't feel confident. I mean, I felt pretty confident fighting ZeRo's Sheik but if he went dorf I don't think I'd have done as well despite him not actively using him. I usually win the later games and he wins the earlier games @ adom4 adom4 .

I took I think like 3 games off Gungnir yesterday, probably two of those from him going for all or nothing reads lol. I didn't edge guard much due to not feeling too confident yesterday, although I think it's potentially my greatest strength.

You up for games A2?
Not this weekend, unfortunately. I have a number of important things to finish for the end of my school semester.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'm fighting Papaya right now. I'll let you guys know what I think of him once we finish.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The live stream still ongoing?
Nah it finished on my end, but I just quickly linked it for those who might randomly have seen it.

You play the weirdest neutral game ever, in my opinion. I have trouble predicting your next move lol.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
I wouldn't mind playing a few matches to find out roughly where I place, also so I can sandblast this accumulated rust off.

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
I wouldn't mind playing a few matches to find out roughly where I place, also so I can sandblast this accumulated rust off.
I'd love to play with you but I doubt you're interested in fighting someone who's below you in the list. Though that best sandbag title is mine.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Oh my bad. You'll be higher than me anyways. =P
With this much rust I kinda doubt it xD

Let the adding of thou NNID commence!

Edit: Kyo's onstage and choking game seemed to be better than mine, but I seem to hold an advantage offstage.
If there's one thing I learnt, it's that using vanilladorf against a customdorf is kinda tricky.

I'm hesitant to Say who is better at the moment though.

Possibly me though xD

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'd love to play with you but I doubt you're interested in fighting someone who's below you in the list. Though that best sandbag title is mine.
Kyo, you preface almost every invitation to play with the fact that you're a "sandbag" or "not worth fighting."

Come on now, Ganon wouldn't say these things. :p

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
Kyo, you preface almost every invitation to play with the fact that you're a "sandbag" or "not worth fighting."

Come on now, Ganon wouldn't say these things. :p
Mindgame. I want my opponent to underestimate my true power...or I'm just being too pessimistic. =P

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I'd love to, dude, but I've got an awful lot of homework to be doing. :( Maybe a bit later!
What are ya doing here then Verm? Isn't Smashboard distracting?:awesome: Nah I understand. School/Uni is more important. Not to mention I just discovered a big problem with my circle pad:mad: so if you will excuse me.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ Z1GMA Z1GMA While I'm adapting a bit to your playstyle, I find you play a really impressive negative state. I find it really hard to juggle you, and offstage I'm only able to really edgeguard you in situations where I force you to recover from long distances. Also you're really hard to bait. You're really good at not overextending in neutral and playing your ledge options reactively. Your techchase game as usual keeps me impressed as you adapt to strange patterns.

ToonWaker

Smash Cadet
NNID
5una23
3DS FC
3737-9687-2294
I wish to be on the tier list please I main Ganon and if I need to show to prove my worth then I will wait at the ready.

Garioshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Garioshi
3DS FC
2793-1760-2194
None of you remember me, but I entered the tourney and never played due to personal issues. I'd like to be ranked and will play anyone who wants to play me.

Top Bottom