• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
It's okay guys, At the end of Kasumi's romance path, Ren's family will somehow marry into Kasumi's family, making her just a half relative, meaning they aren't blood related and all creepiness and inappropriate power dynamics are completely absolved. /s.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
What if....

Kasumi is revealed to be blood related to Joker RIGHT AFTER you romanced her? That would be kinda shocking realizing you made love to a family member of yours
If that happens: Watch that portion of the fanbase who **** on the Joker x Futaba pairing to give that pairing a free pass, just causer Kazumi doesn't look like a little girl much like how they ALSO give Joker x Kawakami a free pass because "ZOMFG Hot Teacher!" -_-

Before I forget to say it...

RIP, all those who believed that Hifumi would get to become a PT member. My respects go to those troubled souls.
Thanks, that means a lot XD.

That being said: Considering that they initially scrapped Hifumi being a PT because of worries of making the story longer, why not revisit that idea especially if Royal looks to be expanding/heavily altering that story? Not saying I dislike Kazumi for supposedly "taking what was "Hifumi's"", but wouldn't it be more conservative to expand on what's already there?

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Edit:
I kinda jumped the gun a bit on this post originally. Was kinda distracted by a thing and I should not focus on two things at once.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Here's my take/theory on Kazumi. Feel free to agree or disagree:

What I suspect in Royal is that Kazumi might end up being the game's Akechi and potentially an agent of Yaldabaoth. We still don't know her Persona, her Confidant nor her Phantom Thief codename despite her being playable and the teaser for Royal showcased her NOT agreeing with the Phantom Thieves. Recently, someone translated the trailer for Royal and a line from the beginning of the trailer when Joker turns around to the screen (which I assume was from Kazumi) was this: "I have taken their dreams". This could mean she pulled what Joker pulled on Akechi by the end of P5 which could explain why what looks to be Wakaba is in one of the pictures with Futaba and Sojiro or why Akechi when he's Black Mask/Loki is with Haru when she looks out the window.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If that happens: Watch that portion of the fanbase who **** on the Joker x Futaba pairing to give that pairing a free pass, just causer Kazumi doesn't look like a little girl much like how they ALSO give Joker x Kawakami a free pass because "ZOMFG Hot Teacher!" -_-

Thanks, that means a lot XD.

That being said: Considering that they initially scrapped Hifumi being a PT because of worries of making the story longer, why not revisit that idea especially if Royal looks to be expanding/heavily altering that story? Not saying I dislike Kazumi for supposedly "taking what was "Hifumi's"", but wouldn't it be more conservative to expand on what's already there?
Seems to me like they've decided to shake things up in a general sense, between this, a character straight up being still alive and Morgana having humanity ensue.

Well, that and they probably thought "what if we had a FeMC as the secondary protag?".

Sometimes, you can change your idea on what to do with a certain concept, even if you find the solution. At the very least, they could upgrade some NPCs into a few more confidants.

Anyway, time for more Kira goodness.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Here's my take/theory on Kazumi. Feel free to agree or disagree:

What I suspect in Royal is that Kazumi might end up being the game's Akechi and potentially an agent of Yaldabaoth. We still don't know her Persona, her Confidant nor her Phantom Thief codename despite her being playable and the teaser for Royal showcased her NOT agreeing with the Phantom Thieves. Recently, someone translated the trailer for Royal and a line from the beginning of the trailer when Joker turns around to the screen (which I assume was from Kazumi) was this: "I have taken their dreams". This could mean she pulled what Joker pulled on Akechi by the end of P5 which could explain why what looks to be Wakaba is in one of the pictures with Futaba and Sojiro or why Akechi when he's Black Mask/Loki is with Haru when she looks out the window.
I don't think she would be an agent of Yaldabaoth, considering her mindset goes against what it would want. She may disagree with the Phantom thieves, but she would also disagree with Yaldabaoth. I think they are still keeping some things about her secret for the sake of a slow burn on info, and I don't think that sort of stuff would reveal a relationship to Yaldabaoth. We could speculate about that for sure, but Robin Hood and Loki did not reveal his status as a pawn, his arcana didn't, and the names we receive are a creation of the Phantom Thieves, not Yaldabaoth. And the dream taking is not a source of control, but rather, chaos. Your giving people exactly what they wish for. It's probably why Morgana is human and Wakaba is alive. I think that if she is aligned with someone, it would be a new chaotic third party that would become the villain of the second semester.
Seems to me like they've decided to shake things up in a general sense, between this, a character straight up being still alive and Morgana having humanity ensue.

Well, that and they probably thought "what if we had a FeMC as the secondary protag?".

Sometimes, you can change your idea on what to do with a certain concept, even if you find the solution. At the very least, they could upgrade some NPCs into a few more confidants.

Anyway, time for more Kira goodness.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Kira is great, she is one of main source for finding awesome Persona art. I don't have a Twitter and I can't navigate well, so I often follow a rabbit hole of retweets.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Until she is revealed to be the Marie of Persona 5 :p.
So, quite beloved in Japanese fandom but half of the western fandom acts like she's the second coming of Satan? I guess I can live with that.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't think she would be an agent of Yaldabaoth, considering her mindset goes against what it would want. She may disagree with the Phantom thieves, but she would also disagree with Yaldabaoth. I think they are still keeping some things about her secret for the sake of a slow burn on info, and I don't think that sort of stuff would reveal a relationship to Yaldabaoth. We could speculate about that for sure, but Robin Hood and Loki did not reveal his status as a pawn, his arcana didn't, and the names we receive are a creation of the Phantom Thieves, not Yaldabaoth. And the dream taking is not a source of control, but rather, chaos. Your giving people exactly what they wish for. It's probably why Morgana is human and Wakaba is alive. I think that if she is aligned with someone, it would be a new chaotic third party that would become the villain of the second semester.

Kira is great, she is one of main source for finding awesome Persona art. I don't have a Twitter and I can't navigate well, so I often follow a rabbit hole of retweets.
When in doubt, you look up the user's name on Google.

So, quite beloved in Japanese fandom but half of the western fandom acts like she's the second coming of Satan? I guess I can live with that.
That sounds like Akechi.
At best, we'll get a character that sees the light of PT's actions, is cool and endorses them.

At worst? Well...at least we'll have a villain with good publicity, seeing as she's a gymnastic star.

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Interesting take. So yeah, her line of "I've taken their dreams" (if it is her) really plays a part here, in particular with human Morgana and Wakaba still being alive. I do wonder if Akechi is aware of her play, though. I also wonder how he's apparently still alive due to him apparently being with Haru when she's in the window in distraught because that is him when he's Loki. I do think she might be aware of Yaldabaoth, though. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Her being a villain is quite likely but again, we'll have to wait and see.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I wonder how long it's gonna take for her design to be censored. Sony does have a ha it of doing that a lot with current PS4 releases. Wouldn't surprise me if they went and did it with this.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I wonder how long it's gonna take for her design to be censored. Sony does have a ha it of doing that a lot with current PS4 releases. Wouldn't surprise me if they went and did it with this.
I don't know, they seem fine with Anne's designs, which is a lot more sexualized than hers.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
And it's a standard leotard on a athlete, so it's justified.
That might be true but considering Sony's current practices on censorship, unless there's a Switch version in the works they might just force Atlus to change the design.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Yeah... it's weird how many people freak out because of it.
Unfortunately due to the overly sensitive political climate. It doesn't matter if it's accurate to life or an accurate attire, if they don't like it due to their political beliefs, they WILL attack it. They do not care.

And companies bend over to these people who will not buy their products...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Unfortunately due to the overly sensitive political climate. It doesn't matter if it's accurate to life or an accurate attire, if they don't like it due to their political beliefs, they WILL attack it. They do not care.

And companies bend over to these people who will not buy their products...
Hell, since Sony moved from Japan to California they have been removing offensive content from the JAPANESE release of a game. That's why a lot of developers have been moving to switch.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Hell, since Sony moved from Japan to California they have been removing offensive content from the JAPANESE release of a game. That's why a lot of developers have been moving to switch.
Look at the main developer from Senran Kagura. Didn't he leave the company due to how badly Sony was censoring the newer installment? And them censoring games like Devil May Cry 5 (even if briefly) and another anime-esque games really doesn't make them look good either. Thankfully Atlus have been developers that really don't like these kind of people and don't cater to them (if so, Catherine would have never released here, especially nowadays).

Also, Sony moving to California was among the worst things they could have done. California is the haven for these kind of people and it's really showing on Sony with these kind of moves.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Look at the main developer from Senran Kagura. Didn't he leave the company due to how badly Sony was censoring the newer installment? And them censoring games like Devil May Cry 5 (even if briefly) and another anime-esque games really doesn't make them look good either. Thankfully Atlus have been developers that really don't like these kind of people and don't cater to them (if so, Catherine would have never released here, especially nowadays).

Also, Sony moving to California was among the worst things they could have done. California is the haven for these kind of people and it's really showing on Sony with these kind of moves.
The remake of Catherine is sadly getting censored as well. You could still get the original on PC uncensored but the PS4 remake is gonna have some stuff edited.

The only reason Devil may cry (or any Capcom game I guess since Street fighter 5 still has a bunch of fanservice outfits you can get) can get away with it because Capcom is just that famous of a developer and people are gonna notice if they edit stuff out.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's kinda ironic if you think about it. The console game devs are moving to as to avoid censorship is a Nintendo console. Imagine saying that 10 years ago or so.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
It's kinda ironic if you think about it. The console game devs are moving to as to avoid censorship is a Nintendo console. Imagine saying that 10 years ago or so.
A friend of mine has been saying the same thing. If you were to say this in the 7th generation, people would have laughed in your face. But now, Nintendo is a company that has Bayonetta and leaves her completely uncensored and now other franchises like Senran Kagura are migrating to avoid censorship from Sony...

Considering how they've been acting and how arrogant they've been, I can't help but feel the PS5 might end up being another PS3...

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I think it's funny that the same people who say Futaba is too young to romance in P5 are making sexualized art of Kazumi who is the same age. Proving once and for all that the age thing was just an excuse to **** on a pairing they don't like.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
More like 25 years ago.

D

Deleted member

How's Joker been faring in usage now that the hype's died down? He still appearing, or are Joker mains a rare kind?

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think it's funny that the same people who say Futaba is too young to romance in P5 are making sexualized art of Kazumi who is the same age. Proving once and for all that the age thing was just an excuse to **** on a pairing they don't like.
This here is another reason to respect Kira Kira, she doesn't let a silly obstacle like that get in the way when she got Joker paired with Inkling on occasion.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
How's Joker been faring in usage now that the hype's died down? He still appearing, or are Joker mains a rare kind?
Online he's still pretty common but compared to the first few days it's much much lower than before. I like it though, makes fighting Joker dittos that much more special.

In tournament play, he's already made a few Top 8s, including Zackray taking an entire tournament in Japan with solo Joker. Too soon to say if these players will stick with Joker full-time though.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
RIP, all those who believed that Hifumi would get to become a PT member. My respects go to those troubled souls.
Yeah that felt like kinda a missed opportunity ngl.

It adds to my theory as well that this isn't as much a director's cut of Persona 5 and more an alternate version of it instead.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Been contemplating changing my profile here to say that my Ultimate main is Joker, since every time I've been playing Smash lately, I almost always play as him. Would changing it be betrayal against Link though...?
Make it Link dressed as Joker. :p

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well, I never realized this up till I saw this tweet.
So being angry at her design is even less justified.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
That new article featuring P5 Royal almost seems to be implying Kasumi is a wild card.

"If she is a persona user, what about the persona and the Archana?"

And when it points out the similarities between her and Joker's phantom thieves costumes and says she'll be there from the beginning, it really does make me think it will be possible to play as her.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, I never realized this up till I saw this tweet.
So being angry at her design is even less justified.
Sweet, the gymnast motif is stronger than expected.

That new article featuring P5 Royal almost seems to be implying Kasumi is a wild card.

And when it points out the similarities between her and Joker's phantom thieves costumes and says she'll be there from the beginning, it really does make me think it will be possible to play as her.
A-ha, that would lend more credence to my deuteragonist theory.

amageish

Smash Master

Well, the new Confidant uses a card from the Spanish deck El Gran Tarot Esoterico... So, I imagine she;ll be from that deck?

They could have her be La Consultante, which replaces the Priestess, though I don't know if you'll be actively consulting her or if she'll just tell you her opinion regardless of if you want it... El Ciclo, which replaces Judgment, could work too, as she sounds like she'll somewhat be involved with the cycles of the world, as she has a rebellious spirit but also doesn't want people relying on a new power? El Loco, which replaces the Fool, would work, given how the 0-numbered arcana is associated with the Wild Card in later games, but I don't know if it's different enough from the Fool...

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
A friend of mine has been saying the same thing. If you were to say this in the 7th generation, people would have laughed in your face. But now, Nintendo is a company that has Bayonetta and leaves her completely uncensored and now other franchises like Senran Kagura are migrating to avoid censorship from Sony...

Considering how they've been acting and how arrogant they've been, I can't help but feel the PS5 might end up being another PS3...
Yeah, whenever Sony gets like this, they tend to make total asses of themselves.

Top Bottom