• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hidden Power Monthlies (August 2014)

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
The Alabama Smash League Presents:

August 10, 2014
Original Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/jun-8-2014-asl-presents-hidden-power-monthlies-mobile-alabama.350097/

Last Day of Summer Edition! Made our big ASL Launch Tournament announcement without a hitch. Melee and Project M both leveled out at a nice 26 and 27 this month. New stream equipment came with a few technical difficulties, but we'll have them worked out before too long.

Singles:
Hidden Power Monthiles August 2014 PM
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Ragnarock
$81.00
2nd
Ninkendo64
$40.50
3rd
Zone
$13.50
4th
Dron
5th
Roboturner
5th
Ruse
7th
Jeth
7th
Serin
9th
Mikey
9th
Metmetm3t
9th
Relax
9th
Cubelarooso
13th
Mankosuki
13th
Dandy
13th
Dubs
13th
Ark
17th
Alisana
17th
CYZS
17th
THEE BIG T
17th
Shock
17th
Orion
17th
Uncle Anime
17th
Coest
17th
Travis
25th
Justin Gingerlake
25th
Rabbit ******
25th
ACA

Hidden Power Monthlies August 2014 Melee
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Rice
$78.00
2nd
Mikey
$39.00
3rd
Ragnarock
$13.00
4th
Roboturner
5th
Zone
5th
Serin
7th
Ninkendo64
7th
Aly
9th
Wafe
9th
Dandy
9th
Metmetm3t
9th
Ruse
13th
Sickolas
13th
Relax
13th
imrai
13th
Dinowulf
17th
aiai
17th
CYZS
17th
Shock
17th
Wreck
17th
facepalm
17th
Swiss
17th
JDP
17th
Spazy
25th
Mr Casual
25th
Ginger Jesus

Doubles:

1: Asian Sensations (Zone + Rice) ($65.00)
2: Manko on the Rag (Manko + Rag) ($35.00)
3: Super Smashed (Ninkendo + Relax) ($10.00)
4: Roboturner + Dron (Roboturner + Dron)
5: Thrilla Killa Klowns (Cube + Met)
5: Balls of Fury (Jeth + Serin)
7: Foutian of Broken Dreams (Ark + ACA)
7: Scrubs and Nubs (Aly + Dansteezy)
9: Team C (Rabbid ****** + Coest)
9: System Shock (Shock + CYZS)
9: Banana Slugs (Dubs + Muffin)

1: Asian Sensations (Zone + Rice) ($45.00)
2: Manko on the Rag (Manko + Rag) ($25.00)
3: Alahama (Wafe + Mikey) ($10.00)
4: 420XX (Aly + Dandy)
5: Future Fur Coats (Ruse + Sickolas)
5: DinoThunder (Wreck + Dinowulf)
7: EMP_P4K_PK_MISSFIRE (GingerJesus + facepalm)
7: Team B (JDP + Coest)

Last edited:

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
GGs to everybody I played.

I'm mad as hell at the fact that I did better in the game I almost didn't enter.

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
Much love Mobile crew you guys are awesome! GG to everyone there. And you think I stepped my game up then!?! Oho! I haven't even begun to play.
Upset I lost to Wafe because I could have beaten everyone else after that in the bracket.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
No, that's what is bothering me. me and rag have beaten mikey on multiple occasions with the wobbling threat there, he just got the best of us sunday night.

GJ to him though, next time it won't be so easy.:awesome:

Last edited:

Zone

Smash Champion
Did you not notice the drastic improvement he made in his neutral game?

You first fought him when he made the mistake of ONLY going for grabs/wobbles. Now he takes what he can get with neutral game, conditioning you to be opened up to grabs.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Tbh, as a former Brawl player, ICs in melee ain't **** compared to an IC in Brawl. I just wasn't in control of my character to the point where I could punish the way I wanted. No johns tho.

Next time tho.

Zone

Smash Champion
Tbh, as a former Brawl player, ICs in melee ain't **** compared to an IC in Brawl. I just wasn't in control of my character to the point where I could punish the way I wanted. No johns tho.

Next time tho.
That's only because there was no such thing as shield pressure in brawl. Melee is the same beast when they grab, everyone else can do more in terms of approaching in melee.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
Did you not notice the drastic improvement he made in his neutral game?

You first fought him when he made the mistake of ONLY going for grabs/wobbles. Now he takes what he can get with neutral game, conditioning you to be opened up to grabs.
nah I'm not downing his performance, he definitely stepped his game up big time and I just wasn't ready for it. mikey is mah boi

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
Wafer shouts
by
Wafer6866

Nunn

Dedicated to @RAM

For you have been deleted though not forgotten

Epilouge
The power hidden in mobile is growing.. As you enter the room and exit the real world you feel every controller fueling the fire with dedication and hard work. At this rate even the strongest will burn to ashes.

Respect for the fuel

@ rolfcopter rolfcopter
It wasn't the same without you

@ Dron Dron
Good seeing you again. I'm a fan boy of your Lucas more than ever before

@ Roboturner Roboturner
Always good seeing you. Sorry you got salty :/ you did really well with fox. Can't wait to see you next time.

@ R ragnarock
Maximuuuuum output!
Glad you made it to both tournament's.

@ Zone Zone
Thanks for your always appreciated high tier hospitality. I should have played fox against you to warm you up against robo. I'm coming back soon to get my bags from your house

@ Dinowulf Dinowulf
Your Yoshi is is getting better. Don't get discouraged by the mad decent low tier struggle.

@ facepalms2 facepalms2
Thank god someone else is interested in the Ness struggle. When I watched you play I could tell you have more experience with the learning curve than I do. Message me your number so we can learn from one another. It just so happens we both play puff also, so we can discuss puff stuff as well. Keep practicing you're getting good man. Good job dedicating to commentary. You looked very snazzy.

@ Mankosuki Mankosuki
If you could have entered singles everything would have been different. It's unfortunate you had to work. You're getting to beast. It's like the Suki show everytime you play. Can't wait to play you again.
Teach me puff stuff XD

@ rice rice
Your superiority will be your downfall!!!
Bro you won everything. Even the yugioh thing.. why?

@ Ruse Ruse
Nice composure bringing it back against me after you fell victim to a self destruct. I would have liked to win but not like that. You're improving and the experience my Ness got from playing you will help so much.

@ Sickolas Sickolas
You did SO well. I was rooting for you.. I tried so hard and I'm sorry you lost :/ because you stood a way better chance against kendo sheik. If you beat him you would have placed so well. I wish you luck next time and I hopeyou keep improving like you have been.

@ Jethroo Jethroo
Dude you did SO much work in teams XD

@ Urban Menace Urban Menace
Zero suits downsmash in teams.. it looked devastating bro.

@OrangeEnvelope
Thanks for coming down and for being an awesome person and friend. I hope you and Tyler had a good time.
Keep improving. Sorry we didn't get to team or have the chance for me to show you things. You can text me anytime just to talk melee or whatever. Spread the alahama legacy over there in Denver.

Last and definitely not least..

@ Metmetm3t Metmetm3t
Fantastic job on another fun tournament. I hope you keep entering melee singles, I feel like you have a lot of potential. I just hope I don't play you in tournament. That Sheik Ness matchup is something I'm still learning. I'm a a fan boy of your g&w so keep improving.

Top Bottom